• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does anyone with high tolerance still use/stack codeine

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Just a casual question guys no mission to find out the ultimate dose just a survey if you will I just had 7 tabs I gave two tabs to my friend who has a headache and I was feeling generous anyway I thought I might as well swallow 7 tabs myself for old time sake they are pure 30s anyway I swear not 5 min after swallowing I feel heavier and defo some sedation in their before I took them I was feeling a little burnt out because I ain't had anything for a few hours it's possible they have stacked with methadone I had earlier but even so for me to feel this much effects from them is very surprising to feel anything at all, after everything I got up to is very unexpected

I doubt it. Its just not potent enough. There eventually comes a point when even morphine isnt potent enough.

I once took a flight back from Australia to the US and i was very low on methadone. I bought a bunch of codeine/caffeine pills in the airport shop. On the plane i did a cold water extraction to try to remove as much caffeine as possible (caffeine is less soluble in cold water than codeine). I kept asking the flight attendent for coffee filters and ice and she thought i was crazy. People around me were looking at me as I crushed yellow tablets into powder and mixed them with ice water. No one said anything. Suprising as it i was obviously engaged in chemistry on a plane just a few years after 9/11.

The codeine did nothing and the caffeine just made me edgy. I ended up spending the rest of the trip in the back of the plane draining an oxygen tank i found on the second to last row. The plane was almost empty. The flight from adelaide, australia to los angeles international airport is one of the longest flights in the world. On the way back i arrived a few hours before i had left, meaning in the process i had time traveled.

not even tramadol has any effect on me so i would not even bother with codeine

This is just all theoretical. I haven't done any of this stuff before but I am sort of an expert in pharmacokinetics. Codeine is very tricky and its metabolism differs from person to person so again this is just a theory. Codeine is converted to morphine by CYP2D6 which is thought to be the main mechanism of pain relief. However, Codeine also inhibits CYP2D6 when you take it (which is why a lot of people recommend that you don't redose with codeine because it won't get converted to morphine anymore and thus won't have an effect)

Methadone is metabolized primarily by CYP3A4 but it is also metabolized by CYP2D6 to a lesser extent which may explain the potentiation you felt. Methadone has a crazy long half life so it could be the fact that codeine prevented the metabolism of methadone and that caused the effects the felt, not the codeine.

Cheers!

This is just all theoretical. I haven't done any of this stuff before but I am sort of an expert in pharmacokinetics. Codeine is very tricky and its metabolism differs from person to person so again this is just a theory. Codeine is converted to morphine by CYP2D6 which is thought to be the main mechanism of pain relief. However, Codeine also inhibits CYP2D6 when you take it (which is why a lot of people recommend that you don't redose with codeine because it won't get converted to morphine anymore and thus won't have an effect)

Methadone is metabolized primarily by CYP3A4 but it is also metabolized by CYP2D6 to a lesser extent which may explain the potentiation you felt. Methadone has a crazy long half life so it could be the fact that codeine prevented the metabolism of methadone and that caused the effects the felt, not the codeine.

Cheers!
Thanks 4 da info bro