• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Does anybody else find it hard to hold down a job being a drug user

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I always get a decent job normally in construction but after a few months the sick days add up and I get fired then usually find another job straight after I suffer from bad deppresion so I drink a lot and once I start drinking it's hard to stop and I become vile and nasty I need to ease up on it all but I find It hard to cope with reality everytime I get something going for me I fuck it up

Not really, but I'm usually lucky and find jobs where they're pretty relaxed about the small stuff. Like not caring if you show up 8 minutes late once in awhile or whatever. I rarely ever call in or don't show up. I rarely used my vacation days either. I'm used to showing up hungover and tired as fuck and just push through it.

I guess it really depends on the job. I've always been curious about construction. I'd imagine that's one of those jobs where your absence is very noticeable and not so easily covered, deadlines and such.

What's causing you to miss work and call in sick? withdrawals?

Even on my worst days I'd force myself to go, although the stress of doing that ultimately greyed my beard in my 20s and contributed to a psychosis. My stress levels were extreme. Truly extreme. Not good.

I always get a decent job normally in construction but after a few months the sick days add up and I get fired then usually find another job straight after I suffer from bad deppresion so I drink a lot and once I start drinking it's hard to stop and I become vile and nasty I need to ease up on it all but I find It hard to cope with reality everytime I get something going for me I fuck it up

I'm with you there mate.

I fuck up everything through my addictions. I'm currently living on borrowed time because things have been going smoothly for far too long. Its like I have to tempt fate.

I think it's called "Dancing with the Devil"...

Not really, but I'm usually lucky and find jobs where they're pretty relaxed about the small stuff. Like not caring if you show up 8 minutes late once in awhile or whatever. I rarely ever call in or don't show up. I rarely used my vacation days either. I'm used to showing up hungover and tired as fuck and just push through it.

I guess it really depends on the job. I've always been curious about construction. I'd imagine that's one of those jobs where your absence is very noticeable and not so easily covered, deadlines and such.

What's causing you to miss work and call in sick? withdrawals?

Even on my worst days I'd force myself to go, although the stress of doing that ultimately greyed my beard in my 20s and contributed to a psychosis. My stress levels were extreme. Truly extreme. Not good.
After staying up all weekend the idea of roofing in the sun doesn't sound fun

After staying up all weekend the idea of roofing in the sun doesn't sound fun
Damn! I used to work at a roofing company as a crew manager. I never worked as physically hard as the roofers but the 60+ hour work weeks (on salary, so no overtime pay) really got to me. Much respect if you are out there installing shingles or standing seam metal or whatever it is you are doing. It's a hot and dirty job. Where I live, only Mexicans and South Americans do the roofing. As crew manager, I spoke Spanish at my job more than I spoke English. They do make decent money but at the expense of their knees and backs. Before I was a crew manager I was a project manager so I climbed up on the roofs to inspect the crews' work. I was scared shitless 99% of the time. That's why when the crew manager position opened up, I was happy to spend all day in the office/warehouse.

I did have to fire a couple of reroof crews who drank beer on the fucking jobsite. Like tossing their beer cans off the roof into the yard where someone lived. It ain't a fucking party!

Only times I've lost jobs was after using large amounts of xanax.

I used to smoke before and at work, and also drink bottles of wine on the job(construction) never had an issue with getting the work done.

But I used to go into employment on massive amounts of original ecstasy very regularly as well as LSD many times and always always copious amounts of cannabis before and during my shifts I had the most crafty ways of sneaking off and getting high and never ever once getting caught.

My drugtaking was never getting in the way of my job but my jobs were definitely getting in the way of my drug taking 😂

pro-tip: always smoke weed before work so they just think that's just how you come in normally

but this is all part of it too

if you can't function the next day and need to call in sick, you need to reel it in

cmon
That's funny. That's exactly what I always did. Every job first day, stoned as shit lol, edibles, smoke, whatever.

If I ever worked though NOT stoned, they thought I seemed weird lol.

But that was v rare.

They just get used to you like that.

Some people though have a rare aptitude for being off faces and still conduct in a regular flow. I was gifted here.

I even went into 1st day as building site labourer 2000, 7 a.m. after 3 legit Microdots and two huge Bucket bongs of the strongest pollen I've ever had.

I have some funny stories from that first day, and work period involving being high.

i have a story for you guys calling in everyday and losing your jobs

i used to work at a plating shop, metallurgy, that kinda work....anyway this guy who worked in a dfiferent dept than me, moved next door to me at the apartment i was living at....and i'd see him come home every night BOMBED - he drank the hard stuff....and every morning, his bathroom was next mine, i'd hear him dry heaving....he ended dying in that apartment...

but ya know why i'd hear him every morning?

BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO WORK

so get your fuckin asses up, wounded and all, and get what you're supposed to go get done

i got no sympathy for any of ya

get your fuckin ass in gear

i have a story for you guys calling in everyday and losing your jobs

i used to work at a plating shop, metallurgy, that kinda work....anyway this guy who worked in a dfiferent dept than me, moved next door to me at the apartment i was living at....and i'd see him come home every night BOMBED - he drank the hard stuff....and every morning, his bathroom was next mine, i'd hear him dry heaving....he ended dying in that apartment...

but ya know why i'd hear him every morning?

BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO WORK

so get your fuckin asses up, wounded and all, and get what you're supposed to go get done

i got no sympathy for any of ya

get your fuckin ass in gear

It's when I start dry heaving in the morning that I know it's time to cut back. Never stops me turning up for work though...

What drug are you addicted to?

I always found if I did some smack BEFORE I began my shift I could work so much better & when I was doing hard manual labour it made the work so much easier.

The worst was when I worked at the local Tesco, I had some of the most potent heroin the night before & my shift began at 6am so I would have to be there at 5:30 to get the shop ready to open, I was still off my tits after a few hours sleep.
I was feeling rough & had a "smack hangover" from the gear as it was so potent, I was on the till standing up & began to feel really ill, I felt the puke coming up but tried to push it down but NOPE it was coming up for sure. I dashed to try & get to the toilet but I didn't make it & sprayed my stomach right across the floor in two huge purges of food, I was sent home & still got paid for the shift too which was a bonus.

The only drug that cost me work was MDMA, I had been out at a local rave & left the city at 6am, smoked a load of smack to balance myself out but fell asleep on my lunch break, it was the 2nd time I'd gone to sleep on my break & was sacked on the spot.

The worst @F.U.B.A.R. was when I worked at a 24/7 garage selling petrol etc.
My mate had cooked some K & I had 2 grams off him, I decided to cut a line just before we locked up & sadly it really kicked in so fast, I knew I was gonna be fucked.

For some reason it hit me so quickly & hard I began to loose track of time etc & felt I may "hole" off it, I had to walk back & began to panic I may not make it & I knew I had to walk with the woman I was working the shift with. I remember locking up with her but everything was going in frames & her talking sounded like "WWWEEEE HHHAAAAVVVEEE TTTOOO LLLOOOCCCKKK UUUUPPPP"

I remember the shutter coming down & the next thing I remember is we are half way into town, we had walked a good 20 mins 7 she was talking to me, I have no idea how i made it into town with her or WTF I had been saying, she was so odd with me for the rest of the months I worked there, still to this day I have NO IDEA what I said or how I behaved as we walked down the street, how I made it that far is a miracle to say the least.

Lesson here is DON'T do Ketamine as you leave work kids, it isn't a good idea.

When I worked for Virgin in a call centre I made friends with a cool guy, he used to do gear years before but got clean, cut a long story short I scored for him & he hadn't used in years, he ended up going on the nod after lunch when we had a smoke, he was sent home as his head was down on the PC & totally out of it.
He also had some Salvia off me as he liked acid, he was so mad at me the next day, his missus rang me up going mad too asking WTF had I given him, he had a full on Salvia breakthrough trip & got way more than he expected, I did try to warn him it was potent but he felt he knew better.