View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does ADD affect LSD trips?

MentalMagnificient

Greenlighter
I have done LSD quite a bit and after reviewing my trips I have considered this. I have ADD and do not take medication for it. When I dose LSD starting at around 300ug I start to become confused easily and find it very hard to complete tasks due to as I attempt to do something my mind is constantly following a different thread so for example I would be walking in a straight line and then all of a sudden stop and turn around and go the other direction and stop again and turn ect. once I hit 450ug things start getting delusional and comprehension becomes near impossible like I cannot comprehend conversations that other people are having. Now ADD itself causes the Brain to constantly jump from one thought to another which causes focus issues as I am sure most of you know. My question is if the reason I am so scatter brained and confused on LSD can be contributed at least in part to ADD. Now I must also mention that I haven't yet noticed this to happen on other drugs, that is nothing beyond the normal confusion that you would expect from them. So is this just a characteristic of LSD at higher doses or is ADD affecting how my trips go? I would if possible like to not have the confusion factor as in all honesty it is kind of annoying but I am concerned about tripping while on ADD medication. When I was a kid I used to take startera. Does anyone know if it could be safe to start taking strattera again and then trip or is there a potential risk involved with the combination?

It hasn't been studied, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it did.

nah LSD is confusing and affects the attention of its users at high doses ADD/ADHD or not

300ug and 450ug is wayyy too high to keep your attention process clear

nah LSD is confusing and affects the attention of its users at high doses ADD/ADHD or not

300ug and 450ug is wayyy too high to keep your attention process clear

Yeah, I've found that I just have to surrender to the confusion and try to have fun with it. LSD may amplify your ADHD to some extent, but this is a very common effect for most people.

After some years of psychiatric examination I have a very clear image of how my brain works. For example, I know my linguistic system is greatly more developed than other parts of my brain. When I'm tripping it is definitely more about my inner headspace than the people around me.

Not sure on Strattera, but most stimulants might add an edge to your trip. (I realize Strattera isn't one, but it acts on norephedrine so my point stants) Medically speaking it seems fine. Maybe there's a risk of hypertension? Someone else have to get back on that

If it seems that strattera has little danger in concordance with LSD or psychedelics in general then I have no problem experimenting with the two and logging how or if my brain processes change. My only concern is that while to my understanding they both work on different parts of the brain that they are both altering your prains way of processing information and that seems like there could be a chance for conflicting action.

LSD won't affect your add dude. Skip the strattera if you want, doesn't matter much, you won't notice it anyway.

LSD will make strattera its little bitch. =D

and don't worry about logging shit. just enjoy the ride.

I believe myself to suffer from ADD/ADHD, and I find it makes it harder to understand language, thus making things more confusing, in comparison to my friends.

43 year old dude here with plenty of LSD under my belt. Also, mushrooms, MDMA and E.

I was diagnosed with ADD (or ADHD, I can't remember) when I was a young teen but I was never once told about it or medicated for it.
Recently, I made an appointment to 'get my head checked' and found out that I had been diagnosed almost 30 years ago. Since then I have been researching ADD and looking inward to see how it has affected my life; I have been having revalations about how I think and why I think about what I do. I now understand why I am so good at what I am good at and so terrible at some other things.
During this experience I have wondered if the 'speed' component of psychadelics has actually reduced my symptoms. When I am on these substances I find it so much easier to live 'in a bubble' where only limited information comes in. Think about it as though you are in a vast forest but it's the middle of the darkest night so you can only see things within the vague glow of the firelight.
I have been encouraged to get on medication and am not sure if I will due to cost (no insurance) and potentially addictive side effects. However, if I do experiment with the intended pharmaceuticals I'll check back in to tell you if the outcome is similar.

TL;DR I'm ADD. I experimented with a lot of LSD and found clarity, not confusion.