• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does acid have a comedown?

It's impossible to predict if you're going to have a comedown as you've never taken it before. Some people describe effects similar to a comedown after acid. For me it just gradually wears off til i come back to normal. My first time i was still slightly tripping 2 days afterwards! I was thinking that the experience had changed me forever - but i was just tripping :)

I would suggest *not* mixing K with it the first time. Definitely not before at least. Acid is one of those drugs where it's impossible to predict whether you'll like it or how it will effect you. You DEFINTIELY want to go into the trip in the right state of mind. Smoke a spliff or two at most. Don't venture into psychadelics lightly. Personally i love em, but they're too much for some people.

Hey faerie, it´s Wednesday, how was the trip? How was work today? I´m curious to see what you though. :)

i think the more you use it the more you need higher doses, and the more negative effects may surface.

when i first used it i didnt need much, now i need more, and if i trip too much there is a little hangover. this only happened after quite a fair few trips though.

LSD has one of the dirtiest, anxiety ridden, jittery comedowns you can get at the 12 to 16 hour post drop point of most any drug I can think of.

Alcohol (in a pinch), benzodiazepines, or atypical antipsychotics can be a life saver for the emotionally fragile and tired psychonaut in such cases.

Of course, there is (?) (was) really clean acid too (eg WHITE FLUFF) that leaves a Sun bright, sparkling, overwhelming afterglow in this same time frame but even in the 1990's running across that kind of experience was the exception rather than the rule.

Also, some people stay spun, or worse, fried or burnt for sometime after the drug experience. A tiny percentage develop persistent psychological problems, and a few commit suicide.

All this is not to say that LSD is not a great, holy even, psychedelic drug--it's just not for the faint of heart.

<pyridinyl_30> said:
LSD has one of the dirtiest, anxiety ridden, jittery comedowns you can get at the 12 to 16 hour post drop point of most any drug I can think of.

Alcohol (in a pinch), benzodiazepines, or atypical antipsychotics can be a life saver for the emotionally fragile and tired psychonaut in such cases.

Of course, there is (?) (was) really clean acid too (eg WHITE FLUFF) that leaves a Sun bright, sparkling, overwhelming afterglow in this same time frame but even in the 1990's running across that kind of experience was the exception rather than the rule.

Also, some people stay spun, or worse, fried or burnt for sometime after the drug experience. A tiny percentage develop persistent psychological problems, and a few commit suicide.

All this is not to say that LSD is not a great, holy even, psychedelic drug--it's just not for the faint of heart.
This.

Really bad come down for me, really bad, long lasting after effects. Your experience will vary, but just be ready not to sleep, and to feel quite schizo until you do get some sleep.

The 2 sleep rule is good too.

I personally find the acid comedown to be one of the best parts of the trip. Sure, you feel exhausted and scattered and not quite normal until you have a good sleep. However, I find that during the acid trip my thoughts are so scrambled up that the comedown allows me to gather my thoughts and get some perspective on the trip and the lessons it has taught me. The best thing is if you trip at night, and then watch the sunrise just as you're coming down. I find it to be an extremely enlightening and calming experience

Acid comedown is nice indeed. It's like everything that needed doing has been done, everything that was wrong has been put right, and now you can rest and enjoy the afterglow...

I think it depends of the quality of the LSD

I've had smooth comedowns to where I just fallen asleep after 10 or so hours, then again, I've also had the feeling of being cracked out and had no ability to sleep.

It's not a "bad" comedown, compared to drugs like cocaine and MDMA.. After the experience you feel better, as dread pointed out

<pyridinyl_30> said:

I can't understand when people talk about a horrible comedown from acid. I've never had a bad comedown. I feel amazing during the acid trip and that feeling pretty much just tapers off until I'm back at baseline. After that I just feel a little bit tired from being up for a while. I'm usually able to sleep almost exactly 12 hours after my trip begins. I sleep in the next day and wake up feeling great.

i think it has a comedown but by no means a bad one...imo its just the getting readjusted to normality after the trip

~GH~

dread said:
Acid comedown is nice indeed. It's like everything that needed doing has been done, everything that was wrong has been put right, and now you can rest and enjoy the afterglow...

Indeed - time to wait for the sun to rise and ponder and wonder :)

does anyone else get the urge to stretch their back when the trips are wearing off? I don't mind the 'comedown' of L, it can be a great time, but I ALWAYS end up wanting to stretch out loads.. its never like a really stiff back, I just stretch loads ???

^ Ha! I'm experiencing it right now - I know exactly what you mean :D.

Co-Codamol and a bit of stretching are my friend.

But I have a dodgy back anyway - hence co-codamol :).

tekkeN said:
does anyone else get the urge to stretch their back when the trips are wearing off? I don't mind the 'comedown' of L, it can be a great time, but I ALWAYS end up wanting to stretch out loads.. its never like a really stiff back, I just stretch loads ???
Yes, I ALWAYS need a massage during/after tripping, as I get a lot of tension in my neck. And the way I dance on acid makes my back quite tense too so a good ol' stretch is always in order!

As for the acid comedown, I usually feel a bit indecisive and slighty confused the day after tripping. I always drink lots of alcohol on an acid comedown, does WONDERS for me :D
I never feel depressed after tripping though. In fact it's quite the opposite. At worst I might be slightly irritable the next day, probably just due to tiredness caused by being up all night.

If its your first time you will probaly have more of an after glow effect than a hangover. The day after my first acid trip I loved the world and everything in it.

Sounds like a DOx comedown......

Sometimes acid comedowns can be slightly unpleasent since you've been tripping all day and its mentally exhausting depending on the trip/potency, but dirty? Never.

I feel the DOx have always had dirty comedowns however.

All of three hours sleep and no comedown. Only had a shits 'n' giggles dose, mind, but even at larger doses I find any undesirable aftereffects tend to be down to tiredness. I've never had any unpleasant physical (or mental) comedowns that I can recall from acid.

Having said that, a few mg of diazepam helps to smooth over the "not tripping anymore but wide-awake and could do with being asleep" part :).

Im not suggesting anyone try this who doesnt already use them. but I have found that opiates mix very well with LSD on the come down. Unlike the restless nod/sleep you get from opiates alone it seems as if the mental tax of teh LSD relives one of the restlessness sleep of opiates and it is a relaxing and soothing transition from awake->sleep.

and I would like to point/re word what some people have said. Cocaine isnt really a come down but a crash. The rush of dopamine and then lack there of is what produces teh crash, same with MDMA but with 5ht. With lsd you do not have anything as drastic like this taking place which is why its a comedown and not a crash.

killo said:
Sounds like a DOx comedown......

Sometimes acid comedowns can be slightly unpleasent since you've been tripping all day and its mentally exhausting depending on the trip/potency, but dirty? Never.

I feel the DOx have always had dirty comedowns however.

Funny, the "come-down" (I call it the plateau) of DOC is one of my favorite psychedelic states. It makes me feel about as good as I can imagine. It's like zen in a few mgs of a chemical. It is, in fact, my favorite part. I definitely prefer it to the acid aftereffects, which are sometimes good and sometimes make me feel scattered and wish I could just sleep. DOC's aftereffects give me a warm full body buzzing glow and a huge desire to talk and laugh and move around.

In my experience, the LSD comedown is primarily psychological (I.E. no physiological crash). After I'm past the peak of ego loss, the slow resurfacing of my ego is quite disconcerting (I want the egoless bliss to last forever :! ), and the integration phase is sometimes very taxing on the mind...

I can't really imagine smooth sailing to sobriety from an LSD peak, like others have described (unless it was a very low dose).