• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

doctor/drug question

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
Can a suboxone doctor cut you off xanax after you have been on it close to two years? Just abruptly or do they have to help wein you off? If they want you off... I'm just curious to know. Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.

Is this doctor not willing to help you taper with diazepam? That would be ideal, but unfortunately they can do whatever they want. I noticed you had typed out a proposed taper schedule in your other thread. Maybe you could show that to him.

Yes they can. Sad but true... I am very lucky my sub doc is very cool about taking benzos with them. They see no problem giving me klonopin with my subs and I cant see them ever wanting to just up and take me off them like that, if they did I know they would at least do a taper(I hope at least). Why does your doctor want to just take you off Xanax like that?

Can a suboxone doctor cut you off xanax after you have been on it close to two years? Just abruptly or do they have to help wein you off? If they want you off... I'm just curious to know. Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
If you're physically dependant on benzos, it would be negligent - and very dangerous - of a doctor to cut off your script.
However, if they suspect you are 'abusing' your scripted meds, or causing problems in your life or general health, then sure - i think that they can choose to discontinue prescribing to patients subscription meds at their discretion.
I'm sure professional and legal obligations and regulations vary greatly depending on where the doctor is practising.
but if your doc insists on cutting you off, i think you need to insist upon a tapering plan, or in the very least, a referral to a doctor that will help you discontinue use safely.

The risks of abrupt cessation of benzos are far too great not to.

Doctors can remove you from using BZD while under their treatment for Suboxone Maintenance. It's a shitty thing to do but it can and does happen a lot.

I would recommend asking your doctor to maybe keep you on a low-dose, even if it's 0.25mg - 0.50mg a day, it's better than 0mg.

Everything is fine my sub doc already prescribes me 16mg Suboxone daily along with xanax 1mg 3 times a day and phenobarbital 32.4 twice daily, but i have epilepsy and a lot of mental health problems soon to be on disability... What I need is to get my xanax uped to 2mg twice daily and phenobarbital 64.8 twice daily. I was really just asking the question if they could actually cut your benzo/barbs. Just to gain more information... My doctor is very laid back and pretty much write any script. Its just one of my disabilitys is not being able to speak my mind out loud to people or groups, like 3 months ago when he came in I instantly had a panic attack he checked my heart and thought i was on adderal which I was not and would never take a substance like that and this was and is proved by my drug tests i take everytime I go there. The major problem is I cant speak so we have no relationship and he judges me by my looks im a decent looking man on the outside but inside im a wreck.... So now im making appt to talk and get my shit upped and I wrote everything down so I can just read it to him.... But ai have been running low everymonth on my xanax and it aint been in my pee, but because my disability and not being able to talk I just freeze up when he comes in, BUT NOT this next appt. I wrote a bunch of stuff and my wife wrote a bunch of stuff to get the point across to this doctor that I aint selling nor getting high from my meds all they do is make me normal because i actually need them and not some dope fien tryin to score and I have diagnosis to prove it!

Sorry for venting just very overwhelmed, my CBT counselor described me today as agitated...

Things will get fixed, hes an alright doctor he just fucked up this month and plus I need to raise my dosages.