View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC Solubility

Tigereye440

Greenlighter
I've read other threads regarding this subject but I'm looking for a more specific answer to my question. A concentrated solution of DOC HCl is to be made. The target concentration is 40 mg/mL: 600mg into 15mL. Which would be the best solvent: distilled water, 90-95% ethanol, or 99% isopropanol? Or is there a more ideal solvent? I would prefer H2O as it's pretty well known that 1mL contains about 20 drops. Other solvents with more or less viscosity would be different drop-wise, thus complicating proper dosing. Has anyone ever made aqueous DOC solutions of similar concentration?

Just use whatever solvent and then measure your dose with an insulin syringe.
Personally, I'd use an easier amount to figure...such as 600mg/60ml for 10mg/ml and each IU = .1 mg...that way you can dose very precisely even down to 10ths of mg.

That would definitely be an ideal approach in terms of precision. I'm hoping to make a solution such that 1 drop = 1mg, purely for convenience. Given that there are approximately 20 drops in an mL, a 20mg/mL solution would achieve that. I'm just not sure what the solubility limit of DOC HCl in water is.

I would recommend 10mg/ml at most if you are dosing with drops. Even this still only gives 0.5mg precision, which I would consider insufficient. I would be aiming for more like 0.25mg/drop (5mg/ml)

Recently tried this in 95% ethanol. Seems to be about 100mg to per ml of ethanol. If you want to be sure 50mg will easily dissolve in 1ml of ethanol. I did not test with water as I was targeting 200mg per ml, but that will not dissolve. Had to continually add more ethanol.

If storing for a long time you could use ethanol to prevent bacterial growth but distilled water should be suitable for short term storage and handling

I wonder what DOC NBOMe would be like. There is a thread on the subject but nobody on it tried it at a high enough dose to feel any effects. One guy said he tried 200 mcg but then he didn't post anything more after that about trying higher doses. For some reason that thread won't let me post replies so I have to use this thread instead. At the bottom of the page it says I do not have permission to post new threads, post replies or post attachments. However, I do have permission to edit posts. Only how could I edit a post if I don't have permission to post new threads or to post replies? It's a thread from 2011 but why would my permissions be different from threads like this one?

It's because it's archived. You would need to ask an NPD moderator to move it out for you :)

It's because it's archived. You would need to ask an NPD moderator to move it out for you :)

Oh I see. guess there's not much point in opening it up again instead of starting a new one or using the B&D DOC thread, but thanks for explaining that. It just seemed weird because the thread wasn't marked as closed.