View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC help 3-4mg

Ergan

Bluelighter
Hey guys just after some info on what to expect with a trip on doc at 3-4mg depending on how I feel on the day. I have tripped on doc lsd and a bunch on other phycadelics but I have never gone over 1-1.5 mg of doc. Just want to know what to expect

The DOC thread is your friend. If you can make it here and post, you can make it to that thread too. Lots of people (I hope) will be able to impart some DOC wisdom to you over there. :)

Which, btw, I also own a bit of DOC as well. Just a paltry amount of 10mg. So 3-4mg hit you hard? Hmm...I won't be getting into it til summer though. Have fun on the rest of your trip.

You'll be fucked up for an extended period of time.

It won't hit you for several hours, DO NOT REDOSE. Pick a dose and stick with it.

The biggest dose I ever took was 5mg, but I wouldn't recommend that for most people. I was tripping for almost 24 hours (took it at like 11am and didn't sleep until the next night)--but it still took 3 hours to come up part way (what LSD does in 30-40 minutes).

There is a very big difference between 3mg and 4mg. 3mg is my standard dose. It's fully strong, but you'll probably still be able to function pretty normally even during the peak. There will be pretty strong visuals most likely. I like to take this dose for camping or hiking, or pretty much any other activity. If you just sit around at home it can get a little intense with the energy I've found, and be uncomfortable for a while. 3mg is a strong dose. I also sometimes take 3.5 if I want it to stronger than that, but not as strong as the 4mg level.

4mg is a different ballgame... I've only taken it a couple of times (and I've used DOC many, many times over the years as it's pretty much my favorite all-around psychedelic). For me, it actually begins to incapacitate you here. The peak hours (which as you know are a good 6-8 hours) I spent sitting in a chair, lost in my head half the time. I was listening to music. I actually felt a little sedated during the peak, I don't think I'd want to take that dose and be out doing something. It gets much more psychedelic at this dose but I can find it to start out being rather confusing and cloudy. Then over the course of the peak I slowly start to pull myself together, and then post-peak it drops off and changes to the plateau stage where I feel the opposite of what I had been feeling in many ways - I feel calm, coherent, inspired, euphoric and like everything is working at maximum capacity in my brain and body, it's one of my favorite states brought on my any drug. This actually happens at the 3mg level too but when you go further with the trip the end reward is even better, or at least that was true the few times I took 4mg (one of those was 4.2mg, every little bit with DOC makes a difference because it's so potent).

Oh and the more you take the longer it will last (to a point). So 4mg will last longer than 3mg, and 3mg will last longer than 2mg. It lasts a long time regardless but a powerful DOC trip lasts even longer.

I actually find DOC to come up pretty quickly for its duration. I always get pretty strong alerts all of a sudden right at about an hour (whether I've eaten food recently or not), and then by 2 hours I'm well in it, by hours 3-4 it's at the peak. So I guess it does take a while to peak but it gets strong well before that in my experience.