• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do You Wear a Watch?

Schools teach pimpology now?

Lol maybe ;)

I'm going for nursing and they want us to have a watch for when we take vitals, write times in patients charts, etc. because they don't want us to take out our phones/"not everywhere has a clock on the wall like our classrooms".

I'm now carrying this bad boy:

watch_zps881f6167.jpg

watch2_zps2fbb2732.jpg

Nope but the small COMPUTER that I carry around works prett well not only as a phone, camera, and day planmer, but it also usually keeps the time for me. If the batteries run out, then thats why i always ask someone else what time it is. I used to wear a watch but they annoy the crap out of me. Cant stand having anything attached to my wrist like that.

Watches also allow you to use then as a compass, especially when you are in the bush, far from a phone reception.

I set my phone on airplane mode everyday, but it doesn't get me anywhere fast.

No.

I used own one 12 years back when I ran x-country - a digital Timex - but I only wore it while running. I've never liked wearing something on my wrist and, prefessionally, I am not expected to so. . .

There are some nice looking watches mentioned here though.

i had a timex with a leather strap. I stopped wearing anything that could get caught on anything because several years ago, I caught my wedding band on the boom of a boom truck unloading shingles on a roof. I nearly got pulled off of the peak of that roof. My band was torn and so was my finger. A 30 foot fall would have sucked worse, but the whole thing turned me off from wearing anything like that. I use my phone to tell time now.

No. I did before I shattered my wrist in a bike accident back in 96 but haven't since.

i wear this daily.

im "lost" without my watch.

...kytnism...:|

not really.

what I like:
FO-Komplett-braunes-Band-we.jpg

Really like that one.

Haven't worn a watch for years, ordered this citizen eco drive the other day on ebay at a whim though. RRP $400, I only paid $160
Looks durable & simple at the same time, it's also got luminous dials. What I look for in a watch if I don't mean to to spend silly amounts of money.

bn0100-00e-3.jpg

i usually don't wear watches, it irritates me somewhat to have one on my wrist, i'm a bit sensitive in that way.
when i dress up for an occasion, i like to wear the one i inherited from my dad:
Revue_Thommen_Airspeed.jpg

I stopped wearing a watch for years. But someone recently gave me one for my birthday. It's very uncomfortable and makes my wrist sweat. I think I'm going back to being a non-watch wearer.

I've been wanting a watch for so long, but am extremely picking when chosing one. used to carry a pocket watch when I was younger, made me feel pretty bossy. I got the one below, made by a Japanese company, while in Thailand for 4200 Baht. (about $130) I was surprised to see it going over here in america or on amazon for $280 - $300. Import costs can be expensive!!

edwin-checkered-collection.jpg

And yes, I use it to tell the time. :)

i dont' wear a watch, but if i did it would without question be from van cleef & arpels. in this scenario i also have more money than matters.

I've been wanting a watch for so long, but am extremely picking when chosing one. used to carry a pocket watch when I was younger, made me feel pretty bossy. I got the one below, made by a Japanese company, while in Thailand for 4200 Baht. (about $130) I was surprised to see it going over here in america or on amazon for $280 - $300. Import costs can be expensive!!

edwin-checkered-collection.jpg

And yes, I use it to tell the time. :)

edwin should stick to making jeans, i think you were ripped off bro :(
online shopping can be difficult sometimes.

their jeans are quality, but I wouldn't buy a time piece from them.