• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you want your kids to take drugs?

My son almost destroyed his young life with weed when he was around 14. He had a lot of anger issues over family breakup and the behaviour of his mother and when he discovered weed he thought he had found the answer to his emotional problems/feelings. He went from 0 to 100 in terms of consumption in a matter of weeks. Started taking days of school to get stoned and within a few months basically stopped going to school altogether. Then he discovered dissociatives and cocaine and had dropped out of school by 17.

No amount of education from me seemed to make a difference, including sharing my own horror stories of addiction. It was impossible to get him to accept professional help either.

Basically his use of drugs at such a young age de-railed him from life and fucked up an enormous amount of potential he had for happiness and success and drugs became an end unto themselves for him. A few of his mates were exactly the same. Although my son seems to have come out the other side and found himself a career he enjoys he is still very emotionally damaged and most of his friends seem unemployable permanently through drug use and its consequences, like failure to graduate high school or develop necessary life skills.

So I’d say a strong ‘no’ on wanting my kids to take drugs.

i dont have any kids per say or that i know of but tbh i would want my child to know what drugs are, simply tools for things.

Its suprising how many of us dont want our children to take drugs. yet you dont name which drugs? what about life saving cancer medication if they had cancer? i suppose paracetemol or other pain killers also?

Drugs are simply drugs, nor good or bad, people make them bad or good and that still is their opinion.

I would want my child to know the dangers of taking any "drug" be it alcohol or 2c-t-7.

i hope that he would make a informed opinion on what he will take or not, of course i wouldnt want my child shooting smack or taking crack or even say smoking pot alot but i wouldn't want to make it known that these drugs shouldn't be touched, simply inform them and let them make their own decisions when old enough.

If I have kids fuck yeah i'll have take drugs with them. Party on fuckers don't be a sad loser 9-5 downer

Curious whether or not people don't want their kids to drink alcohol?
Interestingly my son hates alcohol pretty much so it’s never really come up. I’ve never seen him drunk. If he drinks he has just one beer or so. I don’t drink myself except on very rare occasions so I don’t feel any hypocrisy in being happy about his abstinence and encouraging it.

Interestingly my son hates alcohol pretty much so it’s never really come up. I’ve never seen him drunk. If he drinks he has just one beer or so. I don’t drink myself except on very rare occasions so I don’t feel any hypocrisy in being happy about his abstinence and encouraging it.
Nice.

I drink like a fish at the bottom of the ocean.

Nice new name dude.

Just random shit posting.

Feel a little unfocused.

Curious whether or not people don't want their kids to drink alcohol?

Main thing for me is I don't want them to go down a bad path.

That can happen with both alcohol and marijuana, which isn't to say marijuana is as bad as alcohol in itself, it's not, but they can both be the first step into dangerous waters so to speak.

I wouldn't care if my children did drugs occasionally, alcohol included, so long as it didn't become a problem. But I would strongly encourage them to be alert to the dangers of experimenting with these substances if they choose to use them. Not just from the drugs themselves but the social environments they create.

That's basically where I sit on it. I would warn them that my concern is simply because I've seen drugs, including alcohol, fuck up a lot of lives, and that since I'm an addict they'd probably be at higher than average risk anyway, and that I just don't want them to get into something that they might lose control of.

That's my thinking on it.

Casual use of drugs like alcohol, marijuana, as well a some others, I don't really see as a problem. Provided you can keep the use casual and moderate. My main concern is that I and several other family members of mine have had a problem with keeping addictive behaviors moderate. So I'd rather any children of mine avoid the risks by not getting involved with those substances and activities to start with. But obviously in the long run you can't protect your kids from trying what they wanna try.

Such an interesting thread?? as an alcoholic/Addict of a 25 yr old son, this whole discussion has been part of our lives together since his birth. I come from a long line of alcoholics on both sides of my family tree ( there are a few addicts in there too, but none admit any of it. I was terrified at his birth that he would have this trait from me??
I addressed with him from the moment that he asked why I did not drink ( like so much of my family did?) I told him the truth. I have always been the parent to call with all his friends, when they get fucked up or do not want to get in a car or be around them any longer. I told them All that I am the alcoholic parent ( sober 20+ years) that will not be a hypocrite!! I pick them up or arrange travel for them to my house, put them to sleep, cook them eggs sandwiches ,and chocolate milk for the hang over, help clean up the Vomit if any, and run disinformation to there parents. They are safe and with me at my house , I will drop them off in the afternoon ( hope to be in better shape by them.
So I had the Harm reduction talk with my child, and he asked questions along the way through High school and University, I have been sober a long time so the using has never been in the cards!!
It has worked out very well for me, he did get himself fin a shit storm after his heart was Crushed in University, and got in a bad way with Gin,weed, and benzo's ( fucking prescribed). he called me and asked for help!! I sent him to an NA meeting and asked him to find a therapist (that I would and still do pay for) He is clean and sober now, doing well (Covid has fucked up a lot for young people around the world)
So did I want him to use .......No, But I understood that he would most likely and as a parent I wanted to be Honest and helpful as I could and can be. That is why I am here. To understand what the drug world is today, not 35 years ago , when I stopped.
Be honest with your kids, They will are your greatest fans, and if they figure out you are Full of Shit, you have lost a Huge opportunity to help them>>
Only one dads opinion
All is well
ICE

I will tell about psychedelics and to steer clear of everything else. And to montior their cannabis use if they decided to smoke it. I will also let them freely consume drugs at home as id rather much my kids are doing drugs at home with their friends over than some random crack alley. At least then i know they are safe because they will be doing drugs anyway,

If my kid is even 50% like me i know they will be heavy into fucking drugs it runs in my genes.

So ill educate them about responsible use and let them know not to to take them to early. I will let them take LSD but only if they are mature enough

@TripSitterNZ

I'm not convinced that there is a genetic predisposition towards addiction. Are there any studies on twins separated at birth or children put up for adoption?

@ions

Drugs tend to make people into sexual deviants, rather than the other way round. There are countless BL members that go on sex crazed rampages when they take meth. Personally, for me, even cannabis makes me way more sexually experimental. Pretty much every drug does.

I'm not familiar with your story, so it's hard to comment on what happened to you... but I don't really understand how you taking drugs as a child would have prevented the sodomy?

Bare_head said:
Its suprising how many of us dont want our children to take drugs. yet you dont name which drugs? what about life saving cancer medication if they had cancer? i suppose paracetemol or other pain killers also?

We're obviously talking about recreational drug use here.

@TripSitterNZ

I'm not convinced that there is a genetic predisposition towards addiction. Are there any studies on twins separated at birth or children put up for adoption?
As I've heard it described the genetic predisposition argument runs hand in glove with the trauma argument. It's a nature plus nurture thing, rather one or the other. Some genetically predisposed people are less resiliant at coping with trauma as children and this effects their propensity towards addictive behaviour. The same argument is sometimes aplied to other forms of mental illness besides addiction (such as depression, anxiety, bipolar etc)

Twin studies are not helpful in researching this because they don't replicate trauma (which in any every is highly subjective).