Votes: 34 13.1%
  • Not in a relationship and do

Votes: 61 23.5%
  • In a relationship and do not

Votes: 116 44.6%
  • In a relationship and do

Votes: 49 18.8%

• Total voters
my girl has been on the pill for a few years, but we still use condoms as much as possible.
we have been a bit slack in the condom department lately actaully. i probably shouldn't risk it at such an early age.

ALWAYS WEAR A BAG MAN.......... Unless you are prepared to take care of a child.........

I'm not in a relationship and I do not usually use them. I'm on the pill so I'm covered from a birth control aspect, and I don't have sex with multiple partners randomly, I always know my partner well before we actually have sex. It's not a guarantee, but it works...so far.

That said, if it was a heat of the moment type of thing with some guy I just met - condoms would be necessary.

MethaContin said:
ALWAYS WEAR A BAG MAN.......... Unless you are prepared to take care of a child.........

Condoms arent't 100%............ my child is proof of this.

I don't like condoms...they just made it a lot less fun.

Also, with many interuptions they're pretty impractical to keep on while pulling pants on and off quickly.

But I am in a relationship, and since I'm on Yaz we just take our chances D=

Mostly I dont. I think sex without condom is A LOT greater than with. Sometimes I'm unable to cum if I use a condom. It makes me a lot less sensitive. One could argue that its stupid not to use a condom. Especially when you're single and thus have new partners every ince in a while. I usually bring a condom, but I only use it if the girl is insists.

toomuchpain said:
i cant believe this is even a question

I can believe some people can't believe it's a question, those people just scare me more than the people who can believe it's a question.

Honestly - how many people here are adamant about using condoms each and every time they have sex, EVEN when they trust their partner (regarding their assertion that they've recently tested clean AND that they're on the pill) though they drastically reduce pleasure (to many of us) based on a slight risk of contracting a (usually curable) STD . . .

. . . and have also SOLD Schedule 1 chemicals, which could very easily ruin your life FOREVER?

Though I dislike condoms, Id rather, you know, not get HIV or an STI, so I use them. I have been wreckless in my youth, but now I always use 'em for anal sex (though not oral sex....see other thread).

L O V E L I F E said:
Honestly - how many people here are adamant about using condoms each and every time they have sex, EVEN when they trust their partner (regarding their assertion that they've recently tested clean AND that they're on the pill) though they drastically reduce pleasure (to many of us) based on a slight risk of contracting a (usually curable) STD . . .

. . . and have also SOLD Schedule 1 chemicals, which could very easily ruin your life FOREVER?

Honestly, how many people on here complain about how people believe the things said by programs like DARE, and then attack anyone who even mentions they might not use a condom every single time they ever have sex, even with a regular partner?

How many believe this stuff so strongly they think they can just go screw anything that breathes and they're invincible because they're "always safe", yet are still at risk for the majority of STDs including incurable ones like herpes, HPV, and hepatitis?

How many insist on condoms every time for anal or vaginal sex, claiming that the risk is too high without one, but then claim "oral isn't that risky" and don't bother with it then? Exactly how much reduction in risk is or is not worth bothering with?

How many haven't checked the footnotes on that "99% effective" on the box and noticed it says "vs pregnancy only"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying throw them out. Condoms do reduce your chances of contracting STDs. Unless you're fucking someone who's got a latex allergy that causes them to tear and begin bleeding profusely, in which case things are then actually worse. Then you're up into sharing needles levels of dangerous.

But while they do reduce chances, they most certainly aren't foolproof. They aren't anywhere near it. But a lot of people seem to have bought this brainwashing constructed by politicians that were pressured to "Do Something! (TM)" to look good wholesale, and no longer care about being selective in partners.

How many of you ask someone if they have an STD first? Or do you just roll one on and have at it, figuring hey you'll be fine? Ever ask someone if they're allergic? Do you carry an extra non-latex one in case you run into someone?

Usually I don't even bother posting rants like this, because the responses usually come as flames intended to be loud enough so that all the people who don't want to hear it can continue sticking their fingers in their ears and going "La la la la I can't hear you!" That way they can pretend there's nothing to be afraid of and can be as promiscuous as they want, then point fingers at someone else if something bad ever happens, because it can't be their fault if they were always safe like they were taught, like good little boys and girls. It's like trying to tell an alcoholic that your monthly pill habit isn't as harmful as their nightly binge drinking.

^^^Interestingly enough, most of the statistics I've read say that condoms are only 97%-ish effective against pregnancy, but nearly 100% effective against HIV.

And Hepatitis is really difficult to contract from vaginal sex even when condoms aren't used, so I'm not sure where you got that from (unless we're talking about rimjobs or something)...

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but I don't completely see the point of your post. Most people I know realise that even with condoms, there's a risk, but the difference between using them and not is like going out and taking drugs obtained from a reliable source, in reasonable amounts and taking care to not mix substances, drinking enough water, etc, versus going out and playing Russian Roulette by gobbling a whole amount of unknown substances and swallowing them down with alcohol. It's like, you know, we all realise we're taking a risk in being sexually active, whether single or in a relationship, but the risk if you're always safe is so tiny that I'd much rather take that risk than sit at home celibate, forever. If you reason that way then you might as well never leave the house for fear of getting run over while crossing the street.

How many of you ask someone if they have an STD first? Or do you just roll one on and have at it, figuring hey you'll be fine? Ever ask someone if they're allergic? Do you carry an extra non-latex one in case you run into someone?

I usually do ask my partners when they were last tested. Although I do figure that if they had an std, they would tell me, and if they were the sort of person who wouldn't tell me without being asked, then they'd probably lie about it when asked anyway(I can't actually imagine most of the people I have slept with - and I've been promiscuous, but mostly with people I know reasonably well, very few one night stands - being so callous as to have intercourse, knowing they have an std, without saying anything, although you never know). As for non-latex, I think that if you're allergic to latex then it's your own responsibility to keep polyutherane (sp?) condoms with you at all times. I have non-latex ones at home though (Durex Avanti rocks! :D )

As for LOVELIFE's post, I don't actually know that anyone in this thread has said that condoms should be used if both partners have been tested and another method of birth control (e.g. the Pill) is used. Personally I don't see any point of being on the Pill in a monogamous relationship if you can't have condomless sex, unless you are taking the Pill for hormonal regulation. As far as I'm aware, most people in this thread who are adamant about condom use (and rightly so) are talking about situations in which there is no guarantee that both partners are std-free.

I'm in a relationship and my girl is on the pill but i use condoms because it is less mess. I don't want to get up and get her anything to clean up with sorry.