• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Do you guys think that you can still use psychedelic therapeutically whilst being a recovering addict

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Do you guys think that you can still use psychedelic therapeutically whilst being a recovering addict

Well it depends upon many factors.Microdosing could be beneficial for paws.Full psychedelic trips are another story.Better to abstain from everything untill you are fully recovered.That could be period from 5-6 months till an year.Personally for me in recovering period is better to abstain even from weed or alcohol.Better boost your endorphine naturally through sport activities.Your body and mind needs time to recover,so better in that period is to be fully sober as long as you can

Well it depends upon many factors.Microdosing could be beneficial for paws.Full psychedelic trips are another story.Better to abstain from everything untill you are fully recovered.That could be period from 5-6 months till an year.Personally for me in recovering period is better to abstain even from weed or alcohol.Better boost your endorphine naturally through sport activities.Your body and mind needs time to recover,so better in that period is to be fully sober as long as you can
Yea give the mind time to rest and recover and be in a better place in you're mind before any psychedelic adventures

Yes I believe so. Looking back though I didn’t trip for a couple years after starting to stop heroin. I wasn’t in the right place at the time, eventually I started having infrequent rolls and eventually tripping again but it was a good while. I dreamt about it though excited for when it finally came.

I’ve noticed some people with addiction can’t handle using psychedelics though, one family member of mine comes to mind. I don’t hang with him anymore cuz he gets really weird about psychedelics, he’ll have a rough comeup usually (often an indication someone is dealing with some shit) and then after the comeup he’ll just start dosing more and more. He’s never satisfied with where he’s at and always analyzing it like “I think I need more, do I need more?” The last few times he really pissed me off, one time getting pissed I wasn’t giving him all my DMT and frustratingly says “well why’d you bring it then?!?” Cuz this is my stash and didn’t feel I needed to bring the exact amount needed cuz you can’t control yourself. As you can tell it annoys me just a little bit..

-GC

Yes I believe so. Looking back though I didn’t trip for a couple years after starting to stop heroin. I wasn’t in the right place at the time, eventually I started having infrequent rolls and eventually tripping again but it was a good while. I dreamt about it though excited for when it finally came.

I’ve noticed some people with addiction can’t handle using psychedelics though, one family member of mine comes to mind. I don’t hang with him anymore cuz he gets really weird about psychedelics, he’ll have a rough comeup usually (often an indication someone is dealing with some shit) and then after the comeup he’ll just start dosing more and more. He’s never satisfied with where he’s at and always analyzing it like “I think I need more, do I need more?” The last few times he really pissed me off, one time getting pissed I wasn’t giving him all my DMT and frustratingly says “well why’d you bring it then?!?” Cuz this is my stash and didn’t feel I needed to bring the exact amount needed cuz you can’t control yourself. As you can tell it annoys me just a little bit..

-GC
Really that would annoy me normally once I dose something like lsd mushrooms or 2cb I normally don't redose as I find it a waste but I have abused psychedelics in the past but also found them very therapeutic and good for mental health

Really that would annoy me normally once I dose something like lsd mushrooms or 2cb I normally don't redose as I find it a waste but I have abused psychedelics in the past but also found them very therapeutic and good for mental health
Never ever redose psychedelics(mushrooms).Wonder why someone wanna do this?The trip starts and you go.Its not reinforcing like to sniff a line of coke or a hit of meth....but thats about long or semilong acting substances.Don't know how is with Dmt,which I have never tried.

Never ever redose psychedelics(mushrooms).Wonder why someone wanna do this?The trip starts and you go.Its not reinforcing like to sniff a line of coke or a hit of meth....but thats about long or semilong acting substances.Don't know how is with Dmt,which I have never tried.
Yea in my experience if I take 3 or 4 hits of acid then I have to wait at least three days to a week to have a decent trip again otherwise it's just a waste it has an instance tolerance even if I underdose and decide to take more later it just prolongs the same level of Intensity trip unless you have a while vial then you can go nuts I guess but I would trust myself with a whole vial

Yea in my experience if I take 3 or 4 hits of acid then I have to wait at least three days to a week to have a decent trip again otherwise it's just a waste it has an instance tolerance even if I underdose and decide to take more later it just prolongs the same level of Intensity trip unless you have a while vial then you can go nuts I guess but I would trust myself with a whole vial
Yes I guess it is.Never ever tried acid also.My experience with entheogens are-mushrooms(a lot of times),low dose cacti 🌵 and iboga-md many times and two massive floods for addiction.

Yes I guess it is.Never ever tried acid also.My experience with entheogens are-mushrooms(a lot of times),low dose cacti 🌵 and iboga-md many times and two massive floods for addiction.
Really acid is my go to psychedelic but I use to grow my own shrooms and I think they take you deeper and it's more of an inner journey where it doesn't matter where you are it takes you for that ride lsd is more like a dial on your consciousness has been amplified and you can get feeling of oneness but it's more manageable and more fun more energy I really wanna try DMT or ayhuasca

Unless you belong to the minority that has addiction problems with psychedelics, i see no reason why not.