• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you guys like being sober sometimes?

I'm sober right now and I fucking love it.

You can't compare the two.. one is you in a fog/haze/total waste of time... the other is actually living life and experiencing all it has to offer.

Well when I'm working out (I love working out its one of my hobbies which I incorporate into my schedule and make it past of daily routine and life) I want to be sober.

Unfourtunately though I'm addicted to dope so that's hard for me now. But on lift days I do just enough to get straight or normal and I get at it.

Sadly, I can't say that I enjoy being sober. No, I'd much rather be high...

But sometimes I like to go through a bit of withdrawal... let it kick my ass for a little while. Then, once I finally score, oh man... it feels unreal... amazing!

I enjoy sobriety & I enjoy getting high on drugs. It's all about the balance.

I like getting high in the short-term... the very short-term... as in the first couple hours.. after a very small amount of time it's back to being fucking horrible and ruining my life.

Sobriety long term blows the instantly gratifying feeling of getting loaded away. Though some days... it's harder than others. :\

I'm sober most of the time. Drugs are not really a vacation for me. Sure they feel good and that's great, but I am always doing some kind of inner work on them. I usually do psychedelics though and I think that informs my experience.

I find sobriety more rewarding in the long run, especially when I accomplish things that are a product of hard work and determination. Drugs give you results too but they tend to be more abstract. Sobriety helps me to see results more in the physical world.

Also - and this will really depend on your perspective - sometimes events in life happen when I'm sober that shock and awe me. I have to pinch myself and ask if I'm dreaming or if I'm high because what is happening is so uncanny and incredible. When that stuff happens while I'm high it's easy to dismiss it as being drugs but when it happens while you're sober, the truth is staring you right in the face. I live those for moments.

I like that periods of sobriety reduce tolerance and allow myself to get REALLY high, rather than just maintain.

I like that periods of sobriety allow me to function at a normal level and be productive and legitimate.

I like that periods of sobriety allow me to take care of my body.

Sobriety = job = $$$ = drugs.

So I like that the pain/effort of being sober results in what I like, which is to be high as a kite.

But do I like being sober, no. I like to be high.

I love being sober most of the time - life is sweet - I also like getting high. But do it occasionally as that's all that is necessary in my life right now - occasion.

For me drugs are the seasoning of life, not the main course. I like salt on my tomatoe and avocado toast, sometimes I like a croissant for breakfast. Sometimes I like playing with my kids in the park, other times I like smoking a joint with my friends. To me sober is more enjoyable 95% of the time, while being high is one of life's luxuries that is better in moderation.

IME,after soo long,I like to give my brain that break it needs to get the tolerance out of my system.When I reward myself once again with anything,it makes that break so much more rewarding...
in retrospect,i guess sobriety can have its benefits.
%)