• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you guys like being sober sometimes?

dankhead88

Bluelighter
Sometimes it feels good to have some sort of mental vacation. Sometimes your sub-conscience creates false reasoning why you should go back to your drug of choice. Sometimes people prefer not to have apathy and desire to feel and be aware of everything around them. Some people love escaping from everything and some people love being a part of everything. I, myself used to be a heroin addict and meth addict.

I used to love the feelings of dope once I pushed the plunger in. It made me not give a shit about my problems. As I lay there, I become lost in my surroundings. My mind is in an ocean of sex and security. I loved it, until I started getting too much. The 10th hour has come. Then it happens.

Then came the withdrawals

The cold sweats, nausea, diarrhea, goosebumps.

The pupil dilation.

The restless legs, sleeplessness, and anxiety.

The depression.

The cravings any many other undesirable feelings of dread and symptoms of opiate withdrawal. The feeling where you want to just Kurt Cobain yourself with a shotgun.

You scream in agony hoping to find relief, but you are alone.

You've ran away from everything.​

After several months of being clean from the dope, I've started doing meth. The feelings were amazing. The cascade of dopamine in my brain felt like I was jumping off of a cliff that were to land in a climactic orgasm of my mental well-being, but I wanted more. Eventually, you fear going to sleep, you fear that you'll miss everything that you had planned for the next day.

You didn't want to ruin any commitment. You wanted everything to go as planned​

Then, everyone realizes how tweaked out you are. Eventually you relapse with heroin. Then comes the everlasting destruction of the perfect chaotic balance.

The combination of meth and heroin that you call a Pseudo-Speedball​

In reality, I loved this combo the most. It gave me balance, but maybe that's what I've missed the most.

Balance.

Ultimately, the combo led to my demise and led me further down the spiral.​

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to be sober. Being sober is great. It's a form of balance. Moderation is always key. Everyday use will only ruin the persons well being and well... It'll ruin your high. Save your tolerance and save your well-being. Save it for a better day. If I've been on a drug for a while, sobriety feels like a different high. To me sobriety isn't withdrawing. To me, those are separate feelings. To me, sobriety is when you feel good not being on anything. Don't get me wrong. I still like to indulge. Hah!

Mods, if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move this thread. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind if it's voluntary. Usually it is for me (atleast now it is) and I must say it makes gettin' high feel so much better.

But do I like being sober? Usually I can think of atleast 3 drugs for any type of situation that would improve my state of mind. So no, I'm not quite at that point yet where I can say I like being sober.

I havent done dope in like 2 months now, mostly due to my financial situation. Woke up a few days ago realizing its fucking magnificient to feel something besides hunger and thirst and cravings. :p So yeah, this hits home now. Thought about buying 0.5 but now I'm having doubts. It's availablity up here contributes to my soberity, though.

EDIT: forgot to add; just like the poster below me, exercise is the shizzz! Been working out and been playing some hockey. The high is no. 1 after sex since there is no guilt or groggy hangovers unlike drugs. Plus its beneficial! I still think exercise as a way to boost my circulation for .....

Last edited:
sometimes it's fun, when you're achieving goals and getting a natural rush. There are many things in life that provide a drug like experience, like running for me feels like a solid dose of an opiate. And there's nothing to compare that feeling when you reach a goal you've been working towards for a long time.

Yeah - if its by choice, same as everything. Used to joke that I was just high on life all the time, good excuse for being a bit crazy! Still get that (and love it!) if I've nothing in my system, oddly enough though people seem to like me better when I'm high, even if they don't know I am -.-

soberness is what makes taking drugs so much fun

if you had nothing to contrast it with, i don't think it would achieve the same thing

imagine if you could somehow have an everlasting MDMA high, i'd argue that within a week you'd get very bored and stop enjoying it as it became your 'normal state'

soberness is what makes taking drugs so much fun

if you had nothing to contrast it with, i don't think it would achieve the same thing

imagine if you could somehow have an everlasting MDMA high, i'd argue that within a week you'd get very bored and stop enjoying it as it became your 'normal state'

Lol. Duh. Misinterpretation of topic ftw.

He meant do (ex-)daily users like (periods of) sobriety in general. Not the "sobriety" between getting high - sobering up and getting high again. :|

Ive been sober for about 4/5 months and it really sucks sometimes. If I could just take like week breaks and use here and there it would be alot better.

Sometimes..... some days no. I'm sober right now and I guess I'm actually okay with it. Life can be too complicated sometimes when heroin is involved. I don't want to head down old paths so I am just chillin for the moment.

yeah, i do like it. i also think that sobriety from a given drug can only truly be appreciated if you let yourself actually experience true sobriety which in my opinion is at least 3 months to 1 year. (i believe shulgin had similar recommendations). i felt like i was sober after a month or two of not doing drugs, but then i kept off drugs for 10 more months and i kept learning more and more things about sobriety as time went on, and experiencing life more richly. many times i thought wow, i cant believe i thought that at 3 months that was it, that was as good as i'd feel sober.

you don't know how much you are still "on" a drug mentally until you are REALLY sober for a longer time than you think you need.

i definitely think i won't be sober forever but i want to see how long i can go until i hit a point where i stop feeling better every additional month.

Haha pill I love your responses you tell it like it is.

Ot: Sobriety is refreshing sometimes. The very first time i sobered up from a yearlong crack and heroin binge, i remember i woke up one morning and just felt so happy to be alive. I didnt feel sluggish, sore and lethargic anymore like the first few weeks after i cleaned up. I know it sounds corny but i felt so good it was like i was high on life! I was happy to wake up in the morning and be at my job at 8am i wouldndance and listen to music before i got ready for work. Then several more months passed and i started to reminisce on old times and wanting to get high again so i became a weekend warrior then a chipper then before i knew it back to junkie.

Whenever i go to jail, if im there long enough to actually detox i enjoy being sober. But sometimes i dont know if im really sober because they hand me a handful of pills 5x a day. So i thought i was detoxed but when i got out last time i found out the meds were just masking the wd symptoms. But usually im back at square one after a week.

sometimes I just feel a point where I need to have a day with no drug use, but then again. I smoke cigarettes on a daily basis. To me, I'm still somewhat under the influence.

I like to be sober too. I mean, I'm sober most of the time. I never get high during the week. I work Mon-Fri, 9-5 usually. I like to get high on the weekends, then recover, and be good for Monday morning. Okay, Mondays sucks and I still want to be high then lol, but Tuesday to Friday are great sober! :)

I really enjoy my monthly RC using. Like once a month maybe less I get high. I get to get high, come down/sleep it off, live a week sober, spend a week figuring out what i want to order, wait a week for it to arrive and then make plans to use in a week.

Repeat. Total buzzkill my GF isn't down anymore.

But yeah, i enjoy being sober.

interesting thread, some thought provoking posts.

for me it depends, when i'm using heavily i hate being straight. absolutely hate it. and i look around at all the straights and wonder how they do it, and how boring their lives must be. when i got clean recently i hated it at first, i found it really boring, because everything i like doing seems better with drugs, like listening to music for example. but then i got used to being clean, and not a day went by when i didn't think about drugs, but i did enjoy being clean i guess, being in control, being genuinely happy and stable without the need for drugs. but i always relapse in the end. i just love drugs too much and i guess all in all, i hate being sober. so wether its cigs to alcohol or to much stronger substances, while i know they make my depression and anxiety issues worse, i can't help take them for now!

I haven't been "sober" for over a year and half now. I've had a weird pattern in my life where I go on real long binges you could say then I completely sober up for an extended amount of time (6 months to a year.)

Do I like being sober? Well, my answer to that question is different depending on where I'm currently at with my drug use. Right now, hell no. I refuse to get sober and live a clean life because I enjoy getting high too much. Last time I was sober for a bit of time it really wasn't that great. I was definitely a lot sharper mentally but I always feel so left out when it comes to parties and stuff like that. I hate being that guy who refuses to even sip a beer. It's whatever though. I don't judge people who like to stay sober and I don't judge people who use drugs more than I do. The way I look at it is, it's your life, live it how you want.

I like sobriety. Gives my brain time to recover and I can literally feel it working more efficiently. My thoughts become less clouded and I def get some clarity