• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Social Do You Believe You’ve Met Your Perfect Partner Yet?

yes, she has stood by me through it all, and i her, we had so many deaths and we are stuffing feelings but we rarely fight, we are so different but she is my strength, 20 years in and still my best friend
Pls tell me she's an aggressive brunette

Last edited:
happy-valentine-day-pusheen-the-cat-40238862-575-575.gif

I’m not inclined to believe that there is 1 single person that is perfect for us. Rather, I believe there are several people who could be our perfect mate and I’m not giving up.
I mostly agree with this, although "perfect" is a mighty strong word. I'd say there are probably several people out there who are "extremely compatible" or "as close to ideal as is humanly possible."
My last girlfriend fits this description. We were together for 7 years and it was the best relationship I've ever been in. We met late in life but it was as if we'd grown up sharing each other's minds and hearts. We were not only deeply in love, we were best friends in every sense.
Alas, nothing in this world can be "perfect." A series of unforeseeable events (involving the Great Recession, her daughter, my mother, and a couple other things) led us to move 400 miles away from each other and to drift apart.
But yeah, she was as close to a soulmate as I can imagine and I will always love her. Is there someone else out there for me? Sure. Probably more than one. But I'm not actively looking right now.

When im with my best friend i feel like i dont need anyone else, even if we are strictly just friends, but he is limited and i am not, and one day i will go away and he wont be able to follow me.

Yeah I dont necessarily believe in soulmates either, more in really fitting personalities. I think you should be best friends with the person you choose as your partner, as well as fancying them.

It's quite a tall order, and I did have it for a while. Then she died and now I'm a bit lost. God knows if I'll ever have that again, she was the fucking best.

Do you believe you’ve already met your perfect partner or soulmate?

Or do you believe you’ve yet to meet the person of your dreams?

Is it possible you may already know this person, but you’ve yet to take it beyond the friend zone?

I’m personally not sold on the idea of soulmates, but I believe there are people with whom we can create a beautiful life.
I'm not exactly struck o the idea of soulmates myself. I described my wife as the other jigsaw piece that fits perfectly with me.
That's why, when she died, I felt like only half a person (still do). I don't know if I'd ever have another relationship, but I do know that I met the person where we were perfect for each other and that is a once in a lifetime thing

Yeah I dont necessarily believe in soulmates either, more in really fitting personalities. I think you should be best friends with the person you choose as your partner, as well as fancying them.

It's quite a tall order, and I did have it for a while. Then she died and now I'm a bit lost. God knows if I'll ever have that again, she was the fucking best.
Fuck, someone else who has experienced the closestthing to an Aztec sacrifice where your heart is ripped out. Maybe I'mbeing a bit melodramatic, but she died while I was giving her CPR and waiting for the paramedics (and why I had a full on nervous breakdown, a couple of weeks after her death).
I feel like I'll never be happy and content again...

I’ve definitely met the person that is perfect for me, yes. I met him on this site, in fact, so there’s hope for all you degenerates on here :laughing:

Note that I said “perfect FOR ME” because there are no perfect people out there. But a person can perfectly suit one’s wants and needs, as well as coming along at the exact right time in your life.

I don’t believe in the soulmates thing per se, but I do think that you can find someone who meets your needs, and with whom you share the same values. And all you need besides that, and good timing, is practice. All relationships take practice. (I used to say that relationships are hard work, but I stopped framing it that way, because I don’t want to equate my relationship with work. It should be something you WANT to do! And also, with the right person, it won’t BE such hard work. But it will still take practice to get better at.)

Last edited:
I’ve definitely met the person that is perfect for me, yes. I met him on this site, in fact, so there’s hope for all you degenerates on here :laughing:

Note that I said “perfect FOR ME” because there are no perfect people out there. But a person can perfectly suit one’s wants and needs, as well as coming along at the exact right time in your life.

I don’t believe in the soulmates thing per se, but I do think that you can find someone who meets your needs, and with whom you share the same values. And all you need besides that, and good timing, is practice. All relationships take practice. (I used to say that relationships are hard work, but I stopped framing it that way, because I don’t want to equate my relationship with work. It should be something you WANT to do! And also, with the right person, it won’t BE such hard work. But it will still take practice to get better at.)
It's good to know that there are a fair number of people deliriously happy with their partner. When it's right, it isn't work at all (getting into a relationship, to change someone, is a really bad move...

I believe my wife is my soulmate. Sure we disagree about some things. It would be weird if we didn't. She's been so good for me, in the end I don't know how I'd have gotten on without her.