• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you actually see things though LSD or shrooms? and what did your hardest trip look

lars90

Bluelighter
Like they show in movies like birds or green little people or of such type?

LSD?:

Shrooms?:

Short answer, no, that's not how it works at all. Please do some research on psychedelics.

Start reading:
Beginner's FAQ
Erowid

And there's another thread on the first page asking about intense visuals.

Last edited:
You can get visuals like that, it depends on a lot of different things....Do you want to experience intense visuals?

for me, using psychs has never really been about "seeing crazy shit"....I see it as a mental/spiritual realignment...."The Psychedlic Experience" by Tim Leary talks about different visions....He also talks about the "Clear Light"....I've had really amazing trips from LSD that basically had no visuals, it was more of a beautiful connectedness with the moment, myself, and the people around me....more like what people who practice different forms of chanting and meditation(Zen, Hare Krishna) would report than anything else...for me, those were the best trips

the most intense visuals I ever had were during "bad trips"...Not that that's always the case, but "visuals" really aren't a good guage of the quality of a trip, IMO....

I already closed your other LSD vs. mushrooms thread and provided a link to the comparison thread we have for that.

Clearly you are looking for an answer to which one of these drugs is in some way the winner having most potential for surreal experiences... look, both of these drugs can produce insane stuff, it just depends how far you are willing to go with them. Also mushrooms IMO are far more irrational, dreamy and fairy-tale like while LSD tends to remain more 'clear', the visuals seem more lucid, defined and vivid and the mindspace is less dreamy IMO. Some people react better to a clinical rational (but still magical) approach while others react better to the mysterious fairytale approach.

I find mushrooms to be more visionary, but LSD is more comfortable for a person like me. It is more possible with LSD to remain lucid but this is not necessarily better or worse... if you want visions it just means that there is another stage to pass.

You would realize the gist of this if you had paid attention to the comparison thread I linked to, please go and do that - before continuing this thread please explain why your questions do not belong in that comparison thread?

You can get visuals like that, it depends on a lot of different things....Do you want to experience intense visuals?

for me, using psychs has never really been about "seeing crazy shit"....I see it as a mental/spiritual realignment...."The Psychedlic Experience" by Tim Leary talks about different visions....He also talks about the "Clear Light"....I've had really amazing trips from LSD that basically had no visuals, it was more of a beautiful connectedness with the moment, myself, and the people around me....more like what people who practice different forms of chanting and meditation(Zen, Hare Krishna) would report than anything else...for me, those were the best trips

the most intense visuals I ever had were during "bad trips"...Not that that's always the case, but "visuals" really aren't a good guage of the quality of a trip, IMO....
The whole point of me ever taking drugs was because I wanted to have visuals I have always wanted to see things I really want to have visuals halluzinations 1 time and then like stop. I mean Ive tried it before but not enough... I felt a little of the connectivity but no more. I mean I dont wanna have a bad trip but I really would liek to have visuals. Shrooms and LSD never had a diffrent use for me ...

yup I only had one bad trip and that was on more then a 10 strip and that was when the moon littlerally split across the entire night sky and I was 'sure' that Aliens had landed... sure of it ......

mainly because of the crazy maximum frequency waaaaaaaa waaaaaa wa wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa waaaa buzzing noise in my brain and the way the night sky looked that night.

mentally I also communicated with a dog ... I know the dog was real, and it told me I looked like other dogs which to me translated into a clear vision of myself as some kind of spiritual wolf like animal.

it was 'bad' only in the sense of the loss of choearence to reality .............. total loss of what it was I did, I was sure I had permanently done something to my brain. perhaps I did.

I already closed your other LSD vs. mushrooms thread and provided a link to the comparison thread we have for that.

Clearly you are looking for an answer to which one of these drugs is in some way the winner having most potential for surreal experiences... look, both of these drugs can produce insane stuff, it just depends how far you are willing to go with them. Also mushrooms IMO are far more irrational, dreamy and fairy-tale like while LSD tends to remain more 'clear', the visuals seem more lucid, defined and vivid and the mindspace is less dreamy IMO. Some people react better to a clinical rational (but still magical) approach while others react better to the mysterious fairytale approach.

I find mushrooms to be more visionary, but LSD is more comfortable for a person like me. It is more possible with LSD to remain lucid but this is not necessarily better or worse... if you want visions it just means that there is another stage to pass.

You would realize the gist of this if you had paid attention to the comparison thread I linked to, please go and do that - before continuing this thread please explain why your questions do not belong in that comparison thread?

Wait before oyu close it. I wanna know about both Iwaanna have the thoughts of all the users. This is a diffrent one. Im not looking to do it Ive already done it. Just trying to get a little bit of safty and trying to find out waht other people think... But I will defanatly read your links already started :)

The B&D threads pointed to are really helpful. I'll just chime in with something more. If you really want to hallucinate, use a MAOI and DMT or Mushrooms. Depending on you sensitivity a good DMT dose, either vaporized or oral with a decent MAOI, like syrian rue or moclobemide is highly likely to give you really clear and strong visuals.

Note: MAOIs may be dangerous when combined with other drugs. They seem generally well tolerated with DMT, but on Mushrooms they really potentiate the trip in a way that can be dangerous. Know you body, your tolerance, and if you ever go that path, make sure you have a sitter ready for at least 8 hours. Always be safe.

The B&D threads pointed to are really helpful. I'll just chime in with something more. If you really want to hallucinate, use a MAOI and DMT or Mushrooms. Depending on you sensitivity a good DMT dose, either vaporized or oral with a decent MAOI, like syrian rue or moclobemide is highly likely to give you really clear and strong visuals.

Note: MAOIs may be dangerous when combined with other drugs. They seem generally well tolerated with DMT, but on Mushrooms they really potentiate the trip in a way that can be dangerous. Know you body, your tolerance, and if you ever go that path, make sure you have a sitter ready for at least 8 hours. Always be safe.
Why not LSD ? Not going that way DMT is way to ahrd core for me. And its so ahrd to get here

i hate when people refer to psychedelics as hallucinogens. Psychedelics aren't in the least about seeing stuff that isn't there. That's just not going to happen, no matter the dose. You will see alterations of reality, like objects will wave and distort, you may have perceptual changes, like not being able to tell left from right (high dose mushrooms for me) and strange realizations about the nature of the self, reality and perception. This is what psychedelics are all about.

DMT/salvia are some of the exceptions here, you will see crazy stuff but not nice little birds chirping, you will enter an alien realm. I think there are a few others like DiPT, 5-meo-dipt and mainly other strong and short acting tryptamines that will also cause these kinds of trips.

If you just want visuals then i'd steer clear from psychedelics, or at least the heavy ones like LSD and mushrooms in particular. There are psychs that are pretty much only visual, 4-ho-met comes to mind, as well as 2c-c and probably 2c-i. Still these will only provide visuals in the sense that they are alterations of what you are perceiving either through your eyes or ears or tactile sensations. You aren't going to see blue birds chirping and white bunnies playing happily.

Now if you take a deliriant you will see things that aren't actually there; but it's a very unpleasant experience and you will see things you wish you hadn't seen. Like spiders, bugs everywhere, shadow people and things like that. Basically what i am getting at is that there is no way to trip like they show you in the movies, whichever assholes decided that they would portray tripping like that have mislead many people.

more importantly its the mystical experience of psychedelics that people shoot for, nothing to do with visuals. Many people's first trips start out as 'oh i'm going to see some crazy shit' and end up 'i feel so fucking high and weird' lol.

i hate when people refer to psychedelics as hallucinogens. Psychedelics aren't in the least about seeing stuff that isn't there. That's just not going to happen, no matter the dose. You will see alterations of reality, like objects will wave and distort, you may have perceptual changes, like not being able to tell left from right (high dose mushrooms for me) and strange realizations about the nature of the self, reality and perception. This is what psychedelics are all about.

DMT/salvia are some of the exceptions here, you will see crazy stuff but not nice little birds chirping, you will enter an alien realm. I think there are a few others like DiPT, 5-meo-dipt and mainly other strong and short acting tryptamines that will also cause these kinds of trips.

If you just want visuals then i'd steer clear from psychedelics, or at least the heavy ones like LSD and mushrooms in particular. There are psychs that are pretty much only visual, 4-ho-met comes to mind, as well as 2c-c and probably 2c-i. Still these will only provide visuals in the sense that they are alterations of what you are perceiving either through your eyes or ears or tactile sensations. You aren't going to see blue birds chirping and white bunnies playing happily.

Now if you take a deliriant you will see things that aren't actually there; but it's a very unpleasant experience and you will see things you wish you hadn't seen. Like spiders, bugs everywhere, shadow people and things like that. Basically what i am getting at is that there is no way to trip like they show you in the movies, whichever assholes decided that they would portray tripping like that have mislead many people.

more importantly its the mystical experience of psychedelics that people shoot for, nothing to do with visuals. Many people's first trips start out as 'oh i'm going to see some crazy shit' and end up 'i feel so fucking high and weird' lol.

Wow you pretty much opden my eyes their. So Drugs dont really cause halluzinations but really only visuals. If I really want to see shit LSD and shrooms arent the right stufff.. wow

^Amen! I see geometric patterns, colors become brighter, things bend, etc....but crossing over into another world where you're completely disconnected from reality altogether is differen...You can achieve that from LSD and mushrooms but it may not be very pleasurable, sometimes more like a waking nightmare! I mean, you'll get "visuals" from these drugs but that isn't really what you "should" be looking for, IME....

DMT will put you in a different reality if that's what you're looking for...Salvia can too but it can be pretty unpleasant for a lot of people, myself included!

I you "just" want to experience (extreme) visuals without being in a completely unknown world, look into 4HOMET.

Wow you pretty much opden my eyes their. So Drugs dont really cause halluzinations but really only visuals. If I really want to see shit LSD and shrooms arent the right stufff.. wow

it really depends on what you're looking to see. If it's a mash of beautiful colours and geometric patterns then yes psychedelics can do this but that's like an interesting side effect. The actual trip, the mental trip is what it's all about. It's profound, mystical, and you feel so different. That shift in consciousness is a beautiful and magical thing. With most psychs there's also a ton of euphoria, so you don't only feel amazing but you are far out from your normal thinking.

I can't say enough good things about psychs. Sometimes i find the visuals incredibly interesting and you can manipulate them with your eyes and things look absolutely beautiful. I can't believe how bright colours become after taking 2c-e in particular. 2c-i also gives me specific patterns that move intricately. With mescaline i can see faces in walls and stuff like that lol. If you by all means want to see something profound and beautiful, take LSD, and if you really want to see things that may or may not actually be real (depending on your beliefs) then smoke a nice big bowl of DMT (or better to vaporize it). Man i really miss psychedelics sometimes.

The most basic mistake I ever made with psychedelics was think that what you see and experience happens separated like a movie. Instead, you are in it right in de middle... which can be ennerving or exciting, anything but certainly not as easy and open-ended as watching a movie.
I also thought that you would see things like cartoons while the rest would remain normal. That is hardly ever true either: most of the time everything is immersed, dissolved and integrated in itself...

For just hallucinating without the mind fuck, 2c-b, 2c-c or 2c-i are much more suitable. I consider those hallucinogens, not psychedelics, since I can hardy enter a deep mind state on those. The tryptamines are way more taxing on the mind.

I think you got your definitions completely wrong then...

You don't call a compound that produces visual distortions (≠ hallucinations) but negligibly little psychedelia at a certain dose a hallucinogen. Especially if that same compound does produce psychedelia at higher doses. I must admit though that it does take quite high doses and tends to remain mild.

Agreed about the difference with tryptamines: they generally change more about your sense of self and thought patterns.

We probably shouldn't get sidetracked on other compounds though, this thread is still on LSD and mushrooms.

Last edited:
I have never seen anything that wasn't there... Even that night when the moon split and zigzagged into several streaks I know it was just the movement of my eyes and the trace factor.

tracers can come from movement, or if you are highly dosed they will simply come from eye movement. Thats when you know you are kind of in that ++++ category... thats when a persons face can start to melt .... because your eyes see it capture the face and then move that face down or around..... it's a focus thing, and a rapid eye movement kinda thing I would imagine, as strong psychadelics put you in a dream like state. ANd face have never melted like a wax sculpture kinda thing it was never frightening it was always as I described above

well look a freind of mine once nailed it.... saying 'halucinations' are always there our minds just don't see them..... last night I saw them on 25 I I saw the most beautiful on the cieling and on the wall visuals ..... I don't know why everyone now refers to them as fractals I see them as peacock feather like images that yes kind of repeat but also move and shimmer and go from red to green to blue and finally sip out with just a bit of white. Kinda like the dicrhroic nature of deep sea jelly fish. I have seen this on clean strong LSD.

Mushrooms can be a dangerous thing, I ate with a group of freinds some very strong fresh blue stems and caps once and that shit had me on one heck of ride. Not bad just overpowering at times... bad for one girl who only ate not even half of what me and 2 other experienced space cadets had eated and she thought the couch was eating her

now... I think what she really meant was the paterns in the couch probably started moving up her legs and all over her body... but I think it wigged her out and sent her on a bad trip. It was my boys girls freind and he kicked us out of the house so he could baby sit..... Eventually we all got back togeather...

when I stepped outside on a warm summer night the grass in front of me seemed to be growing.... it was all very organic.... went for a very odd walk and wound up at a house party where I had sold some mushrooms to others and had a BLAST .... walking around though that was intense at one point I felt like I had comet like strands flying across my field of vision.

crossing a street was a TERRIBLE Frightening chore even though it was the burbs and it was at night it had me and my other freind compleately uneasy.... even though nary a car was in sight..... it was the idea of being caught like a deer in the headlights that freaked us out I think.

Must rooms were always less repetative in terms of pattern halucinations less structured so to speak... one time from tea I had some really off the wall closed eye visuals that just kept evolving ..... but they flowed more and had far less strutuctre more like a cartoon then a pattern

Last edited:
I've always found that OEVs from LSD and psiloc(yb)in are sort of "overlaid" onto the world. Like woodgrain flowing, swirling dayglo artexing, people on seats appearing to "melt" into the chair.

Being completely disconnected from one's senses does happen in (very) high doses, but has never happened to me personally. The only time I've ever had a not-in-this-universe-anymore trip was on S. divinorum (single hit at 60x, first ever trip) and I was the little spaceship from Audiosurf bobbing along to the background music :p I've been chasing a similar experience ever since, but nothing besides DMT has come anywhere close.

(I blame Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for people's misconception of LSD visuals...)

The most powerful visual hallucination I have ever seen was on about 5 grams of mushrooms. I was so high I had to lay down so I was looking at the ceiling. I saw complex and intricate Aztec designs arranged into a large wheel. All the small parts were mutating and moving and everything was turning in circles clockwise. The entire design was arranged into a big wheel with an Aztec dude's face in the center with his tongue sticking out at me. This lasted for hours it seemed. Google "Aztec Calendar" and click on images and that is exactly representations of what I saw.

Here's the interesting part: The designs were pressed into the ceiling like a notary seal is embossed onto paper. There were no colors. The designs were pressed several inches deep into the stucco ceiling so they were 3D. The dude at the center seemed to be a person or spirit or entity or whatever, not just a face in a design. But I did not feel as though he communicated anything to me or was even aware of my presence.