• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do we use more in the UK?

My understanding - which is probably fairly limited - is that Australian/NZ pills come through Malaysia whereas UK pills come from Europe so I wouldn't be surprised if they are very different strength. Also everyone knows if you take a break it's tonnes better. People who drop ten+ every week forget how good it can be.

My understanding is that 80+ percent of the worlds E originates from holland, no matter where it ends up. In that case we probably do get the same stuff in the UK as other places, but maybe before it hits . . . if what bob was saying about the cycle of pill quality is right maybe regional variations relate to the time it takes for new batches to filter thru . . . i assume we get the new stuff here in the UK before it makes its way to South America or Australasia . . . just a thought

I think another major reason, is that the UK and europe in general doesn't have the look on drugs that the US (and maybe aussie) has. Drugs are MUCH more tolerated in europe, and generally more accepted. You have to realize that you never hear too often of UK officials busting down on boats smuggling heroin, maybe we just don't get the news all the way over here, but if the UK were to make major drug busts, I think the US media would show it just to make drugs look that much worse.
Also, I think price has a major issue to do with it. In the states, your average price is PROBABLY about $20-25 if you go to a club to get it. So for the price of one, people in england can get anywhere from 5-10 pills. Also you must realize, if your NEW to a drug, say extasy, you will most likely not be willing to spend more than $10-20 as it is. I know that if someone told me they could get a SUPER great drug and it only cost me $50 i would NOT buy it. I don't even know if its good!
I'm thinking that because of this, most americans try ONE pill their first time. As its still one of the best experiences they've felt, they get the notion that one pill is the appropriate amount and therefore don't feel the need to try more. Eventually as tolerances go up, they take more of course.
Also, since its so cheap and readily available in england, they don't have to worry with the side effects as harsh as we do. As phreax mentioned in his meth post, "we never really knew we were addicited since we never layed off the meth long enough to realize we needed it". Apply that to someone who can buy xtc pills for only $2-5 bucks a piece...
Just a few of my own theories, but I think bob has covered most everything there is to it!
Trips

I think a very good point was raised there, if they are cheaper people are inclined to start on more making it harder to take less, yup sounds about right to me.

Bob - bang on there, and well written. Esctacy culture in the UK is very different from what it is in the US or Australia.
I also agree with Simon about what pills are cut with. Here it's likely to be pure MDMA pills, which are a lot more rushy and lovey than ones cut with speed or meth, and don't last as long. People who're used to speedy pills often claim that pure MDMA pills are weak because they're used to having the effects of speed as much as MDMA.
Also, I'm pretty sure that a lot of the actual MDMA is manufactured in eastern Europe, and only the actual pillmaking is done in Belgium/Holland. I could be wrong there though.

Here in Brazil I've never seen anyone taking more than 2 pills (except for this chick who became a legend for taking 14 in a 24hours period - we call her Pill-lady, or something like that). But I think people around here don't take more than 2 or 3 'cause of prices and availability.... If those things were cheaper everyone would be tripping like hell!

i have a friend who has also been in the UK for a year he has said to me there a clean md pills but not as strong as the ones in australia so from what i have read from this post i truly believe that is the case

You only have to look at our pillreports section to see that the pills we have are generally of reasonable quality and on average far better than pills available in the US or australia. We don't get that many bunk pills at all.

Simon says, and I quote:
'Another thing that occurs to me though is that Aussie pills are more likely to have speed, UK more likely to be pure MDMA.'
Im an aussie and I don't know what this is based on but I can tell you that neither me, or my friends and fellow party goers ever really have a problem getting reletively pure mdma pills, I very rarely see dodgey goods. Occasionally a bit MDA, but even then I wouldn't say aussie pills are more likely to be speedy. Maybe everyone I know just happens to be in touch with the right people? In fact people here seem to do a lot of drugs as well, dropping 3-5 almost every weekend not to mention all the other drugs.
[ 29 January 2002: Message edited by: psyanidestudios ]

psyanidestudios: I admit, I've never even done pills in Oz. That comment was based on reading of the Aus/NZ/Asia Drug Discussion forum. My impression from posts in there is that you guys get a fair proportion of speed-bombs sold as E. Could be wrong though....

In my home country (portugal) , the quality of pills are very good . In spain where i usually go clubbing in the weekends , I'VE NEVER HAD A BAD PILL ! =) ............... the Iberian Peninsula is gr8 !
PS...... Portugal is also known to have the best (purest) cocaine in europe(coke is very expensive in portugal) . As portugal seems to be the main entry point of cocaine traffic into europe ..........as the drug is distributed along to other european nations (france.uk,italy,germany) ,the quality lowers as the coke gets "fillers" as the dealers want to make more profit .
Zemiami "believe in fate"

i thought i best add my thoughts to this post, having avidly consumed ecstacy in australia and london...
aussie pills are more expensive. $35 min for imports. now - there is a reason, because they have to come so far etc. etc. but to be totally honest with you - you get what you pay for. i think i've had one or two dodgy pills in australia, max. generally the imports are high-quality (the nature of drug movements dictates that the product has to be good to offset the risk involved) really enjoyable pills, and not merely speedy - mnindblowing.
in the uk, they are easier to find and cheaper to buy. to be honest with you, i think we get a lot of the dregs of the production companies... as well as some amazing pills. but i've had way more dodgy ones here. trust me, it's not just difference in manufacture, there are just truly quality pills available in aus... and i noticed more molly caps around as well!!!
peace

I guess here in the UK it depends on where you're getting your pills from. I've not had a dodgy pill in almost two years now - not since I've started going to the more underground parties. It's only been in the more commercial clubs I've had crap/fake pills.