• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do u guys consider kratom a drug

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Me and my gf have argued about this. Yes she’s right, it sucks up all my money. When I don’t take it I’m up and can’t sleep. Last time u withdrawal I was up for a week. Then I told myself I don’t need my medicine and I flushed all of them. It truly is powerful but if I could maintain a 3 gram habit a day what would you think?
I love my fiancé but this hurts. I do think she is absolutely right in it all.

Well I guess my self delusion that I could get away w it but now I know. Time to wean.

I tried cold turkey 30 grams a day.

up for two and a half days so weaning should help.

I don't understand how it's even a question, it's a physically addictive mu-opioid receptor agonist, yes it's gentler than traditional opiates but if you're at the point where you're up for a week when you run out surely it's obvious?

Not to sound like a prick but I think this kinda thinking is the reason people are so determined to have it outright banned which would be a shame for the people that use it to come off of harder stuff and are under no illusions about the fact that its an opiate and as such insidious as fuck

I do not consider kratom a drug or a substance that needs state regulation or scheduling.
It's about money so we will see what happens... one company has filed bankruptcy and has to pay out a lot of cash.
It is my wish that they leave kratom alone.

I do not consider kratom a drug or a substance that needs state regulation or scheduling.
It's about money so we will see what happens... one company has filed bankruptcy and has to pay out a lot of cash.
It is my wish that they leave kratom alone.

I'm not saying it should be scheduled, it's my belief that nothing should be, just regulated but there's no denying that it's a drug, as are caffeine, alcohol and nicotine.

Personally I think if people were educated and accepted that what is addictive is addictive etc there'd be no need to schedule anything but the ignorance of saying it isn't a drug is exactly why our nanny states feel the need to....

ignorance of saying it isn't a drug is exactly why our nanny states feel the need to....
Ignorance of saying it is a drug is the cause of strife in the US over scheduling and/or banning outright.
Gotdamn some people get psychoactive effects from food. WTF? Does chili-cheese dogs (my favorite psychoactive food) need to be labeled as a drug? Or better yet: Ban the mother fuckers.
Your definition of drug...?
I get it: MFs cannot regulate usage and get sick when they run out. If it was used like coffee,say; we would not be having this BS discussion. If one has to consume mounds of a substance to get "high" (which is subjective, IMO, and pointless as there is a ceiling), I think that individual needs help in a different area.

Ignorance of saying it is a drug is the cause of strife in the US over scheduling and/or banning outright.
Gotdamn some people get psychoactive effects from food. WTF? Does chili-cheese dogs (my favorite psychoactive food) need to be labeled as a drug? Or better yet: Ban the mother fuckers.
Your definition of drug...?
I get it: MFs cannot regulate usage and get sick when they run out. If it was used like coffee,say; we would not be having this BS discussion. If one has to consume mounds of a substance to get "high" (which is subjective, IMO, and pointless as there is a ceiling), I think that individual needs help in a different area.

ITS A PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE OPIATE!

sorry but you I did say it's a drug AS IS CAFFEINE etc and then you say it's be different if it was viewed like coffee?

Caffeine is also a drug and just to point out, it isn't me banning this shit and I also said I don't think anything should be banned just regulated but if you think hating on me will help "the cause" you crack on buddy!!

Kthanksbye

Damn... just put my personal opinion and experience with the leaf.
I haven't personaly experienced withdrawals from kratom so I would have a different perspective.
Now... WDs from opiates or benzos: This is a whole notha level.
Peace
and love
respect
Ptah

Damn... just put my personal opinion and experience with the leaf.
I haven't personaly experienced withdrawals from kratom so I would have a different perspective.
Now... WDs from opiates or benzos: This is a whole notha level.
Peace
and love
respect
Ptah

I've never had withdrawals from codeine but I still don't doubt its possible

Yes, yes, yes and yes, this guy gets it!
Agreed.

Being a plant doesn't make anything not a drug neither does it make it harmless.

A drug is a psychoactive substance. And that's what kratom is. As is Marijuana.

Doesn't mean it should be banned, but it's definitely a drug. Like any drug it contains substances with pharmaceutical properties. Specifically opioid agonism.

Agreed.

Being a plant doesn't make anything not a drug neither does it make it harmless.

A drug is a psychoactive substance. And that's what kratom is. As is Marijuana.

Doesn't mean it should be banned, but it's definitely a drug. Like any drug it contains substances with pharmaceutical properties. Specifically opioid agonism.

Yes exactly, people seem to have the whole "drugs are bad mmmkay" so ingrained that they think when you say something is a drug that you're saying they should ban it!

As far as I'm concerned, nicotine is legal, caffeine is legal and ALCOHOL is legal, why the fuck shouldn't acid, weed etc be? If you pay your way you should be able to do whatever the fuck you wanna do!

Libertarianism yo!

Yes exactly, people seem to have the whole "drugs are bad mmmkay" so ingrained that they think when you say something is a drug that you're saying they should ban it!

As far as I'm concerned, nicotine is legal, caffeine is legal and ALCOHOL is legal, why the fuck shouldn't acid, weed etc be? If you pay your way you should be able to do whatever the fuck you wanna do!

Libertarianism yo!

I agree. Many people try to apply creative interpretations of the word drug to exclude substances they don't want to have a negative stigma.

But the way I see it that's approaching it from the wrong angle. The problem is the stigma people have towards the word drug. That's what should change. Not keeping it but trying to excuse arbitrary substances from the category.

Alcohol is a drug. It's a powerful, dependence inducing hard drug at that. It's people's attitudes towards drugs that should change IMO. Not what substances are considered drugs.

I agree. Many people try to apply creative interpretations of the word drug to exclude substances they don't want to have a negative stigma.

But the way I see it that's approaching it from the wrong angle. The problem is the stigma people have towards the word drug. That's what should change. Not keeping it but trying to excuse arbitrary substances from the category.

Alcohol is a drug. It's a powerful, dependence inducing hard drug at that. It's people's attitudes towards drugs that should change IMO. Not what substances are considered drugs.
Yes mate I'm with you all the way

Kratom is a drug for sure. It's an opioid, it hits the same receptors as stronger opiates, but it's a partial agonist and it has some additional binding areas as well. It's physically and mentally addictive. Definitely a drug. I was addicted to kratom for a good 5 years, I ended up doing 50+ grams a day eventually. I eventually moved on to harder opiates (morphine, oxy, heroin).

I consider Kratom to be a half-drug. It can ruin your life with incredibly high doses and dodging withdrawals becoming too taxing, but I feel sober while using it.

Honestly I have nothing bad to say about this substance. It's friendly and doesn't deplete your sex drive like true opiates which is very important for me as a male. It also works a bit better as an anti-depressant (some say the polar opposite actually) for myself, and I do find it makes me enjoy life a bit more. However, one summer I was going through a breakup and only stayed indoors eating Kratom perpetually on a daily basis. I did become miserable that summer... so if Kratom is all you're doing everyday then it does become a real drug lol

I would state strongly that Kratom wants to help you out and improve your life (until you reach higher doses as above user stated), while true opiates want to destroy you from the inside out and consume everything. It's just not worth it past 10 grams in one sitting is what I've found. It's not something you want to have a god tolerance too.. as it starts to get pricey. Also opiates in general do not feel good anymore if you're taking astronomical amounts. I use Kratom to escape far worse habits so my perspective may be skewered. I might view the substance to be less benign if I had started off Kratom..

I was under the impression kratom was a very weak opiate like plant but not a true opiate.?
Anything psychoactive is a drug