• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do pharmacists use?

It is easy for them. They regularly have to remove the medications that are already expired. Normally these meds were picked up by a special service. And here is the point.

JJ

I am pretty sure there are plenty of stories where pharmacists end up being addicts.

Same with doctors.

One of methadone clinics I went to was shut down from a nurse diverting methadone. Into her stomach, or wallet, never found out.

Another forum has an ex nurse. She caught an opiate addiction and was diverting from patients. Lost everything (license, job, family, etc) from it.

But it happens for sure. Probably more than we think.

Oh, yes, medical professionals have higher rates of drug abuse, that’s a known fact.
A nurse I worked with got canned when he was found shooting up in a stairwell at my old job. It was a set of rarely used stairs that led to the basement and usually people used the elevator. He was shooting Dilaudid and had gone out for a “smoke”. I kinda thought he was a bit out of it sometimes but I didn’t know him well.
Funny thing is that if it had been his own heroin, they would have sent him to rehab with just a $50/copay. Because he took the Dilaudid he was fired.

I have friends who were mental health nurses between around 1990-2010 ish who used to get high regularly with any 'accidentally' dropped drugs, of which there were apparently plenty of

I would be the worst pharmacist. They must not know what they're drugs feel like to have the discipline to not blow it all in the best party bender ever ;)

Then again maybe they just have higher moral standards. They seem pretty sober to me. I've never met a pharmacist who looked like they enjoyed life. They always seem so bothered by me for picking up my adderall script. Like, "who is this weird kid and why does he want it so much?" They need drugs more than any of us. But I think they genuinely enjoy science and like the role they play in helping people. There are easier career paths towards financial stability. It's not an easy job to earn. I do respect them I just wish they would refill my script without giving me the stanky eye it's just adderall who cares jesus.

Last edited:
The first career I dreamed about from a very young age was being a pharmacist, because the 1960s chemist shops with all their dark oak glass cabinets and tempting contents really struck a chord with me. However, when I got to grammar school I realised that chemistry wasn't for me (too much like bloody hard work).

But in retrospect, that would have been the worst career choice possible for someone with my addictive personality. I wouldn't have lasted for five fuckin minutes before getting sacked/sent down...

Gotta love those nurses sneaking in the painkillers here and there. To get away with it really takes a certain ninja element of art.

It's still shameful and immoral but.. I understand it LOL. Luckily most of those gals got a second chance to get their license back. I'm sure many have dodged the consequences but it's so difficult to do so that I actually highly respect the game. Addiction can really make you do things you'd never do without the fun stuff.

I would be the worst pharmacist. They must not know what they're drugs feel like to have the discipline to not blow it all in the best party bender ever ;)

Then again maybe they just have higher moral standards. They seem pretty sober to me. I've never met a pharmacist who looked like they enjoyed life. They always seem so bothered by me for picking up my adderall script. Like, "who is this weird kid and why does he want it so much?" They need drugs more than any of us. But I think they genuinely enjoy science and like the role they play in helping people. There are easier career paths towards financial stability. It's not an easy job to earn. I do respect them I just wish they would refill my script without giving me the stanky eye it's just adderall who cares jesus.
See. Someone else thinks the same way i think. Finally. Lol

We had a BLer who was a former pharmacist because of his addiction. I don’t know what happened to him. He was in difficult straits for a bit.

On the other hand, I know a number of pharmacists socially who are really straight except for booze and a few of the younger ones smoke weed. Otherwise, nothing.

There are Pharmacists who are drug addicts lol.

Like anyone else. And yes there are some who dip into the Pharmacy supplies.

There’s also Doctors who use drugs as well.

Just being educated does not mean you don’t have issues lol.

My uncle is a doctor, and used his prescription pad, and doctor friends, to keep himself prescribed with Vicodin and oxy for many years. I don't think he ever got caught, except by his wife, and they got divorced and he quit. This was all before doctors all got scared of prescribing opiates, and the shit wasn't really watched particularly,.

I'm quite sure it's MUCH easier for a doctor to prescribe something to themselves, than it is for a pharmacist to steal pills, which are, as others have pointed out, very watched.

I personally know a Pharmacists assistant who died of his drug use. Super, super smart and sweet guy, bad mental health and he didn’t become an addict until very specifically he had easy access to drugs due to being in charge of disposing returned medication. 30 years old RIP Andrew P.

He was also a facilitator at local mental health And addictions groups. I went to one. It was hard to watch him host that when he was so badly off himself but he was very professional and the best you could ask for.

Well last time I picked up my 10 zopiclone I get a month they'd gone missing and the pharmacist couldn't find them anywhere, so I said to them "who took my zopiclone, who's the pill head, apart from me" lol, I was only joking but I think someone that worked there took them as he had to redo me another script lol

Not sure about pharmacist but i remember seeing a shrink at one time and he was nodding so badly during a session he didn't even hear half a word i said. I still fooled around talking about flying monkeys and his eyes were closed and just nodding say yes tell me more. lol He was more fuct then me at that time

Legit laughing right now hahaha ah Shroomie

I personally know a Pharmacists assistant who died of his drug use. Super, super smart and sweet guy, bad mental health and he didn’t become an addict until very specifically he had easy access to drugs due to being in charge of disposing returned medication. 30 years old RIP Andrew P

I'm sorry to hear this, that's so sad, it's to easy to take drugs if your an addict and you work with drugs

I know it's a fictional but look at House MD and Nurse Jackie, I do love both programmes

I couldn't work as a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist thats for sure, and imagine the swapsies going on, so many fake drugs in very similar packets, if not identical all it takes it to swap the medication for the real thing and then when the drugs are counted it comes up correct, then the fake benzos, or whatever is passed on the the patient, customer etc

Last edited:
I hear that prescribing controlled substances to yourself can get you in trouble if someone looks at the records and finds out.

But I don’t doubt many still do so.

Just like I think some pharmacists do use.

Just because they have a education does not mean they are above stealing and being self destructive to feed their addiction.
I've read an article recently that stated that about 2/3 of Doctors in the UK prescribe themselves antibiotics & painkillers. This ofc is not saying that they are dependant, or do it regularly, but if they need a prescription, they will do it themselves. Still a pretty high number.

In most western countries however, they cannot prescribe themselves controlled medicines, like oxy, fent, methadone, pethidine, etc.
I'm sure as hell they can't do that here (Germany), but not entirely sure how it is regulated in the US.

Short answer without reading both pages

Yes pharmacists use drugs

Some even cook meth

I hear that prescribing controlled substances to yourself can get you in trouble if someone looks at the records and finds out.

But I don’t doubt many still do so.

Just like I think some pharmacists do use.

Just because they have a education does not mean they are above stealing and being self destructive to feed their addiction.

This was in the 70s/80s/90s/MAYBE a bit of the very early 00s, I get the sense they weren't looking much then. It was well before the current times of "drug epidemics".

Been in this outpatient program with a dude who used to be a pharmacist but lost his job ended up strung out on Heroin on the streets. He told me he didn't start using till late in life but got into pain pills and injecting hydromorphone and morphine. Eventually he got caught stealing and was fired was super nice dude, very intelligent. So yeah addiction can happen to anyone but they deff keep tabs on narcotics and if your diverting the jig will be up eventually. I'm sure he was sick one day and just said fuck it.

People in almost any profession with increased access to drugs use them more than the general population. One expection could be cops who handle confiscated street drugs.
Omg you have to watch "How to Cover up a Drug Scandal" it a documentary on Netflix, and its about the ppl in the state labs who test the drugs so they can prosecute the person they confiscated them from. Its crazyyy

Omg you have to watch "How to Cover up a Drug Scandal" it a documentary on Netflix, and its about the ppl in the state labs who test the drugs so they can prosecute the person they confiscated them from. Its crazyyy
I knew a chemist who made the drug purity lab references for the LE labs and he was into every kind of drug.