• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do pharmacists use?

Possibly but there are very strict laws in place where I’m from anyway. There are counts done and the schedule 1/2/3’s are kept in a time controlled safe. Spot checks are done and I highly doubt anyone would go to uni for as long as they have to have it ruined. I’m sure some do abuse but it can’t be very many.

Yeah Im sure there must be sneaky ways for pharmacist to get a hold of "cool meds". I remember that I was telling a pharmacist that I had a bunch of ritalin bottles I wanted to recycle and she was very enthusiastic about the whole recycling idea until she understood that they where empty. 😇🙏

A pharmacist probably doesnt use because they are like a Dr. They know all the risk from every single pill invented. And they believe it. They went to school for a long time. They are more than likely against using.
But all the people who work in the pharmacy, under the pharmacist, I bet they use, well some of them.
They do count meds and probably drug test. But there's always a way around things like that.

People in almost any profession with increased access to drugs use them more than the general population. One expection could be cops who handle confiscated street drugs.

Yes they do but most of the time they get caught. And if Rite AID or walgreens or CVS etc. wants to press charges they can and will. I think it's even a federal crime to steal prescriptions, so it's no joke. My friend was fired for stealing Percocet's but he never got legal trouble.

I know I couldn't work in a pharmacy. There is NO way I could have giant containers of Tussionex and Promethazine Cough syrups, adderalls, xanaxs, oxys.... forget about it.

I've always had a life long fantasy of robbing of pharmacy (obviously I'll never do this, I don't want a 5 year prison sentence...)

But can you even imagine having a pillow case full of Adderall, Xanax, Oxys, Tussionex, K-pins, Desoxyn, Vicodin, Oxymorphone / Hydromorphone? I'd have the best week of my life

Not sure about pharmacist but i remember seeing a shrink at one time and he was nodding so badly during a session he didn't even hear half a word i said. I still fooled around talking about flying monkeys and his eyes were closed and just nodding say yes tell me more. lol He was more fuct then me at that time

Of course people in every profession use. I'm sure there are druggy pharmacist out there. But I believe the majority of them dont. They know the risk. The meds are always counted. Those places are so strict. They have to take drug test. The risk just outweigh the benefits.

A pharmacist probably doesnt use because they are like a Dr. They know all the risk from every single pill invented. And they believe it. They went to school for a long time. They are more than likely against using.
But all the people who work in the pharmacy, under the pharmacist, I bet they use, well some of them.
They do count meds and probably drug test. But there's always a way around things like that.
Kinda cute comment :D

It would be ideal, were the world like this, but I know a bunch of pharmacists that eat their own supply. Even in countries where it's super strict, like here in Germany, they still manage to do it.

I also know a lot of Nurses, Doctors, Therapists and Caretakers that use drugs. Especially in hospitals and homes the theft of meds is up there.
I worked in a home for the mentally handicapped, where so many drugs would disappear that they had to be locked away in a safe. And I got blamed 'cuz I had dreadlocks :rolleyes:

Well I guess I'm just naive lol. There has to be some straight lace people in the world though. We cant all be druggies. Where are all the sober people employed these days???

All kinds of people use drugs, doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, highly educated, illiterate, have a high or low IQ, etc... We humans have always used drugs.
I believe some factors may play a bigger role though, but it has more to do with stuff like your childhood experiences, your genetic predispositions and the availability of drugs.

I know doctors and pharmacists who are drug users, however most of them aren't addicted to "hard drugs".
I think most pharmacists don't steal meds like opioids or stimulants because they're usually heavily controlled/regulated, precisely to prevent people from stealing them. They would definitely get caught if they took controlled substances from their pharmacies/hospitals.

However some people manage to do it for a while without getting caught, but the risk can be very high unless we're talking about shady pharmacies (which do exist). Also depends on what country we're talking about, it can be done quite easily in some developing countries.

I heard about an anesthesiologist who got addicted to opioids, he was in a position where he had pretty much unlimited access to morphine and fentanyl so he did use them to get high. He eventually overdosed (pretty ironic for an anesthesiologist) and got caught. I'm not sure what happened next but the person who told me the story said they fired him and revoked his medical license.

Yes they do but most of the time they get caught. And if Rite AID or walgreens or CVS etc. wants to press charges they can and will. I think it's even a federal crime to steal prescriptions, so it's no joke. My friend was fired for stealing Percocet's but he never got legal trouble.

I know I couldn't work in a pharmacy. There is NO way I could have giant containers of Tussionex and Promethazine Cough syrups, adderalls, xanaxs, oxys.... forget about it.

I've always had a life long fantasy of robbing of pharmacy (obviously I'll never do this, I don't want a 5 year prison sentence...)

But can you even imagine having a pillow case full of Adderall, Xanax, Oxys, Tussionex, K-pins, Desoxyn, Vicodin, Oxymorphone / Hydromorphone? I'd have the best week of my life
It used to be a big thing where I come from robbing chemists at night to steal the DD box . The money for one unopened is easy ten times the value of an open one but we could never resist the temptation

Perecntage of medical professionals who use is higher that the percentage of the general public who use, so you're wayyy off the mark there I'm afraid :)

Yeah, also, the vast majority of pills on the black market are siphoned off by pharmacists. Think about it.

I know a guy who where first working in the pharmacy round the corner and then as it seems kicked out. I still see him sometimes in the supermarket or just on the street - he is definitely on something. Last time I see him a few days ago he had dirty clothes on, was stinking (sorry, but he was) and just bought vodka and beer. I don't know if he used when he was working there, but perhaps?....

I don't know.

JJ

I have a pharmacist in my family, he doesn’t live here, thank goodness, and he definitely doesn’t use. He is fond of telling everyone at holidays why the US is in an opiate crisis, Purdue hyping Oxys as non-addicting, doctors over-prescribing, and some docs being in the drug business, too, i.e., being very greedy. He always brings up West Virginia and S. Florida. He says his pharmacist buddies feel the same way.
I’m inclined to think there are addicts in any career, so pharmacists could certainly be addicts, too. As for taking drugs from work, that would be harder to do at a CVS or Walgreens then a small corner drugstore.