• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do pharmacists use?

When I was 22 I worked as a pharmacy technician filling prescriptions. I would frequently steal pills, everything from benzos to vicodins and tylenols 3's. Back then they only had the oxys, fentanyl and amphetamines locked in a safe. My biggest haul was 100g of powdered Ketamine (this was a compounding pharmacy and they had lots of drugs in powder form). Also one time I took 60 40mg ocycontins. Some guy had brought in a prescription and never came to pick it up. After 2 weeks of it just sitting there I decided to forge the signature and take it home. Shortly after that I found a new job because I knew I was going to get caught eventually and I couldn't stop myself from stealing from there.
This was a long time ago when I was young, dumb and addicted to dope. I would not do that now nore do I condone it.

Seems like my pharmacist is always way too uptight to be really vibin... gets on my nerves. Oughta smoke some grass or something, anything

Perecntage of medical professionals who use is higher that the percentage of the general public who use, so you're wayyy off the mark there I'm afraid :)

Thank you, this is exactly what I was gonna say.

There are definitely pharmacists who use and there are definitely pharmacists who misuse their position to use.

That said, in most places most of the fun drugs in pharmacies are audited. So everything has to be accounted for.

I do know with methadone though pharmacists can mark methadone spillages. So the potential is there to siphon a bit off. But I doubt you could get away with very much.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was gonna say.

There are definitely pharmacists who use and there are definitely pharmacists who misuse their position to use.

That said, in most places most of the fun drugs in pharmacies are audited. So everything has to be accounted for.

I do know with methadone though pharmacists can mark methadone spillages. So the potential is there to siphon a bit off. But I doubt you could get away with very much.

Oh no I spilled all this methadone *glug* :sleep: I'm too shaky and off putting to pull off any heist but I'm sure there's some shifty docs out there that are living in the lap of substance luxury.

There’s no way in hell doctors and particularly surgeons could do what they do for the time they do it without cocaine. I’m very sure that’s why our hospital doesn’t have any drug testing policies. Definitely heard stories of pharmacists and cops using. Most cops are shady af anyway.

There’s no way in hell doctors and particularly surgeons could do what they do for the time they do it without cocaine. I’m very sure that’s why our hospital doesn’t have any drug testing policies. Definitely heard stories of pharmacists and cops using. Most cops are shady af anyway.

Well let's face it. Governments arent a whole lot more than the most powerful mafia. It's just that once you're on top, your rules are called laws and your enforcers become cops.

:p

Nurses and EMS be getting high as hell though, that's a fact. Can't do those long hours or that kind of work without developing some kind of habit.

surely not, no way in fact ( hope)

I most certainly wouldn't want anyone operating on me who'd been anywhere near cocaine in the last 24 hours

It's a terrible drug for concentration and focus, not to mention fine motor skills - can you imagine you're all opened up and some surgeon is coming down off the line he had 40 minutes ago?

Hell no - cocaine would be a terrible drug for a surgeon while working!

With all due respect you're either not a nurse or know very little about coke - I suspect the latter :)

Hahahaha I am most definitely a nurse and I most definitely do coke. People can be very functional on coke.

Hahahaha I am most definitely a nurse and I most definitely do coke. People can be very functional on coke.

absolutely opposite to my (considerable) experience (on both sides of the fence so to speak) but I'll accept it can happen

still wouldn't want any surgeon on it though!

absolutely opposite to my (considerable) experience (on both sides of the fence so to speak) but I'll accept it can happen

still wouldn't want any surgeon on it though!

^^ just as an ironic aside, the founder of modern surgery was a cocaine and morphine addict. So I say let the surgeons do cocaine!!! They come up with good idea's like wearing gloves and sanitizing your sharp objects.

Verdict is in: Nurses are ok to do coke if they are capable of not spazzing out... I definitely couldn't do it; but more power to you

I have like some serious issues with depression and anxiety so coke temporarily makes me more functional- gives me the motivation and energy to do the job and be sociable, appear happy etc. I don’t do so much that I would go hyper. Coke doesn’t affect me too much like that. Like I can get suddenly chatty but that’s about it. When you’re experienced you do everything on autopilot anyway, you don’t need to think so coke doesn’t affect your efficacy- it just makes you do it and do it a bit faster. I’m not really a people person so it helps me when I have to approach people.

I have like some serious issues with depression and anxiety so coke temporarily makes me more functional- gives me the motivation and energy to do the job and be sociable, appear happy etc. I don’t do so much that I would go hyper. Coke doesn’t affect me too much like that. Like I can get suddenly chatty but that’s about it. When you’re experienced you do everything on autopilot anyway, you don’t need to think so coke doesn’t affect your efficacy- it just makes you do it and do it a bit faster. I’m not really a people person so it helps me when I have to approach people.

Sounds helpful for you right now and am certain it truthfully is

Also sounds like you could be primed for a coke addiction too however...it 's an insidious bitch of a drug...proceed with caution is one way...

Sounds helpful for you right now and am certain it truthfully is

Also sounds like you could be primed for a coke addiction too however...it 's an insidious bitch of a drug...proceed with caution is one way...
Thank you and thank you for your concern. I’m also monitoring myself for addiction but I know that may not be enough to stop it. We’ll see I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

In the town I grew up in I met a former pharmacist through N.A. The poor guy lost everything due to his addiction. His pharmacy, family, license. He still does work in the medical field, but not anywhere near narcotics.