• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do i have perma-tracers from drug use?

I only skimmed the other responses...but... I have permanent tracers too. Out of any forms of hppd, this one seems, if anything, productive...improved senses of movement and whatnot. I actually don't notice it anymore. And i sort of wonder what things used to look like. This is just normal to me. Sometimes I wonder if everything is everywhere at once, and the human brain just filters movement into a fluid series of pictures, and tracers are closer to reality.

On another note, I have adhd, and if you buy into the understimulation theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_arousal_theory having tracers seems to help me focus.

It could possibly be HPPD or it could simply be that you're more aware of something that was already there. I've always experienced tracers to some extent providing the objects are moving fast enough, and these became more and more pronounced as my vision has deteriorated (I'm extremely short-sighted).

You also don't mention when you last tripped and how often you trip. Certain psychedelics, in particular phenethylamines in my experience, tend to leave some lasting visual artefacts that can persist for weeks after your last trip depending on the individual, or even months if your use was heavy and regular. Right now for example I have some minor warping and tracers from my recent 2C-E trips, and for me this always fades completely after 1-3 weeks. :)

Are you getting enough rest? I sometimes see them mainly when I am very tired, when I've had insomnia or trouble sleeping, and in certain types of light like florlescent light.

Are you sure they're trails and not what are called floaters and flashers? Which is just the vitreous material in your eyes going against your lenses.

Also, do you wear contacts at all? I do and they're more noticeable when I wear them, or when I haven't changed them in awhile. I have the two week disposable type but I do not always wear them daily, and will use one pair for a month; but I clean them very well.

Smoking pot can cause them as well.

I get these tracers too. Honestly I think it was something that was always there that I'm now just more aware of after tripping. I only really notice them now if I'm looking for them. As to the shifting and patterning, I agree with what someone else said in this thread. Once you've tripped, your mind had been opened to a whole new world. I'm able to look at a surface and if I think about it I can make it morph and twist like it would if I was tripping. I think my mind has just been opened and I'm able to look at things and see them how they might look if I was tripping.

about three years late

So i am a chronic heavy marijuana smoker and have experience with pretty much every category of drugs but i started noticing this since i started doing psychedelics mostly dmt, lsd, psilocibin, and dxm.

I'm not sure whether i just notice tracers more because iv tripped or if iv actually been permanently effected by the drugs but when i move my hand across my face(it doesn't even have to be moving fast) i can see obvious tracers most pronounced at the tips of my fingers. its actually better if i just wave one finger around and focus on the background instead of following it with my eyes and i can make designs almost as crazy as with a glow stick on mdma.

The way i understand it the eyes are basically constantly taking pictures at a fast rate and they can only take them so fast so thats why when a car drives by fast and your not moving it creates a tracer effect making the car look longer or something but when i use my hand its not going near as fast as a car.

What im really wondering is just how much tracers are we supposed to see naturally?

i have also noticed if i stair at certain things the right way especially patterns i can make them move and sort of control how they move like if i stair at my couch and think "breath" it will have the breathing a effect like i'm trippin' but just not near as much. i can also make things "slide", "melt", and "swirl".

This has been going on for years and has not effected my life in any way besides gives me something cool to fuck around with when im bored.

So am i unique?

Can anyone else do this?

Is it just normal and i'm way to easily entertained?
I actually have been having tracers since the age of about 10th grade, probably about everyday. I do get migraines maybe once a month. And if ethnicity had to do with anything.. my dad is 4 different flavors of white (italian, scottish,german, and irish) and my mom is chinese (cantonese). I am now in 12th grade, I've dropped acid about twice, first time was 200 mics and second time i did "super acid" as my dealer called it which was about 230 mics.. i think not really sure cause it was about a month ago. I quit smoking because it would bring out a weird state of who knows what in me. I remember when i used to smoke i would be pretty sedated and a floating in water state.
But after i dropped acid for the first time (i didn't trip hard at all.. no visuals.. just a little giggily and emotional) i felt different .My personality changed i became very aware of everything i did. I stopped drinking heavily and smoking everyday, and i started not letting people step all over me like I used to. So i really liked how LSD helped me. But i really enjoyed smoking, i would smoke 3 times a day and smoked dro... cannabis for recreational use. But after the first time i dropped acid and smoked about two days later i would get an acid flashback or who knows what. i felt absolutely psychotic, I could literally feel something cracking or bursting in my head. Then i would feel my brain thumping. No pain at all though. And i could close my eyes and literally recreate my trips. For example i would stare at my rug for two minutes and close my eyes and pull out some kind of pattern and weirdly splatter it every where, the psychedelic typical swirls and circles. Also when i stare at the wall i could make it jut out at me extremely freaky. one time i was half awake and half asleep and in my dream i heard my mom calling me i opened my eyes and saw my moms head in my lap for some reason when i opened my eyes i was light weight crouching, and literally my moms head was just in my lap. not blood or anything! two weeks later i decide to drop super acid hence the fact i'm feeling pretty buggy.
So my trip was pretty intense, i literally stared at my friends face and saw his eyebrows pull off his face and fly above his head. Then walked around a little with my boyfriend and stared at the hills for maybe an hour but it really felt like two minutes cause my perception of time was fucked, saw that shit unravel, then turn into a grassy ocean. any way you get the point i tripped balls for like the whole day till 2 and fell asleep. But in the middle of my trip i got this weird ass bloody nose feeling without blood. It smelled faintly of a freshman's putang (fishy), and a little metallic, and every time i inhaled it was a little thick feeling. I haven't even tried to smoke after the second time i dropped.
But yesterday i wa sjust sitting in my art class in 5th period and i got that weird putang fish smell and metalic bitterness everytime i breathed through my nose. Scary as fuck, didn't know what to think about it. My other acid flash backs were just visual phenomenons, but this one was just no visuals and just that bloody nose shit. Then I tried to go to sleep and i felt little flickers in my brain.. left and right just like little pinches. SO i looked it up and found several threads which led me to this one. Sorry for the essay, its good to see im not the only one. %) I hope its HHPD, and not some weird chronological problem. Don't realy have the dinero to get a MRI so 8) maybe it'd be cool if yu could tell me ur symptoms and see whats up..