• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do cigarettes lessen the effect of benzos?

i always thought that benzos made cigarettes great when i was still smoking - but no i never noticed anything like that

Shit, iirc (and i prolly do) cigs and benz go great together... specially with coffee in the mix cause if I sleep I don't smoke so much.
now, that being said, i can theoretically see how nicotine and/or other stimulating factors in cigs could blunt the effects or make them feel less than for a while. need some benzos to test this, though. :D

Brief explanation, please, sir?
I know I don't know it all but am willing to learn everything. :)
What does what to what? Genuinely curious.
Thx

Nicotine promotes the release of GABA, and benzos enhance the effect of GABA so one would think they'd get along well together.

cool just thought that nic was a stim of sorts but if its a gaba its a gaba, right?
thanks

seems that is the consensus with a lot of gaba drugs/substanes?

seems that is the consensus with a lot of gaba drugs/substanes?

Well it applies to many classes of substances. The body is constantly trying to achieve homeostasis so there are all sorts of compensatory actions it takes to achieve, so if you introduce something there are downstream effects, all these systems are to some degree interrelated

gonna sleep on that as it rings true obviouly (now) (and prolly before just not using the ol noggin).
Lots of chemical reactions going on in the body and at breakneck speed at all times. Amazing. One of the smallest of changes causes a whole rearrangement of the being. Like a whe different person every split second on the molecular level, imo.
however, i am talking way the fuck over my head and prolly sound like a rube but it still blows my mind.
thanks for the onions for this big ass stew i got simmerin. ;)