View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Tolerance

onepumpchump

Bluelighter
I was just hoping for some advice on short term DMT tolerance.

The other night my trip buddy and I tried DMT for the first time, and neither of us are good smokers, I made a machine and we tried a couple of times with doses of about 20-25mg.

We both had 3-4 goes at breaking through, getting our technique down. We both managed to get a big body high and about 5 minutes of intense closed eye visuals, the clarity and detail of which I have never experienced before!

On my last attempt I managed to fill the machine with a large amount of smoke and breathed in a huge lungful, but all I got was the body high, no breakthrough, I thought for a second I was going to do further, but the feelings went away when I was so close.

I'm starting to think I wasted that last attempt as I had a tolerance at the time, this was maybe my 4th attempt in an 60-80 minutes

Should I be only having 1-2 attempts in a session? If I fail too bad, try again another time?

Once I attempted to breakthrough and my friend negatively influenced my trip as he was just waiting for me to not be able to finish it or be coherent so that he can take the pipe from me and finish my bowl. I saw demons and fiends in the transitional point and got scared. They wanted me to follow them so I opened my eyes and saw my friend trying to kill my bowl. I got so mad it practically defeated the trip.

He then himself tried to breakthrough later on and did. Feeling bad for his shit he gave me the end of his bowl. This was 25-45 mins after. I took the bowl and got about 2 or 3 solid rips out of it and broke the fuck thru. I mean, I was on acid at the time but the tolerance didn't seem to be an issue. A similar thing happened the other day too with the same guy not being able to clear his bowl and I finish it and breakthrough right after a breakthrough experience.

So I'll conclude 2 breakthroughs per session. Never tried 3. But 2 worked just fine. I also was on MDxx the 2nd time but I mean idk.

Also don't do it too much. Your mind needs time to absorb what it saw. Like 1-2 sessions a month at most imo.

Also don't do it too much. Your mind needs time to absorb what it saw. Like 1-2 sessions a month at most imo.

Wise words. Integration is important. Think of it like digestion. When I eat a meal I have to digest it to feel better and that takes time, not pile on other meals on top of that meal and expect to feel good. It is the same with integration (digesting). Even with a single smaller 15 mg trip I would need a few weeks to kick it around. So spacing is good for the mind and soul.

Also it is unfortunate but the term "breakthrough" has put some limitations on people's experience. Every one of these trips are important. And because there is so much talk of breakthrough someone might compare their experience with someone else's and feel it didn't compare because of these limitations placed on the intensity of an experience. While it is true a "breakthrough" can be intense, what that really is can be different to different people. An intense experience is an intense experience, so there is no line that says one is a breakthrough and one is not. The intensest experience, where it doesn't matter if the eyes are open and closed could be considered a breakthrough. (mine usually start with oh shit, here it comes, brace myself) And breakthroughs seem to happen when the DMT wants to let you breakthrough. Piling on larger amounts is not a sure fire way. In fact I have broken through on as little as 22 mgs and not even close with 35 mgs.

As far as tolerance I was under the impression that there really is none after a few minutes, but I guess people have their own opinions and experiences with that too.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep in mind that larger amounts don't mean better results. I just ordered a gvg, so hopefully that will help. I think I'll take it more seriously next time, more mental preparation, hopefully that will help :) I agree with integration, I've only been using psychs for 8 months so I'm still very much learninG