View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dmt terror help sinister!!

aust10

Greenlighter
So I just got on probation a friend got some acacia root bark. Did some extractions. Smoked leisurely pretty apprehensive about inhaling too deeply for a few weeks here and there never experienced much. Visuals euphoric feeling short duration. So a few weeks ago I smoked some felt really good. But didn't break through, I really wanted to break through and see what there was more to this life. The entities of love I heard about so after failing once again to break through, I watched the spirit molecule. Once it was over I readied a large bowl(much more than ever before) and set the intention to meet these entities or just break through. I must note being on probation I've been in a constant state of anxiety and fear about drug test and what not, stress from my total situation of life. Anyhow. I smoked and inhaled as deeply as I could. Smoked and smoked more until the bowl was gone. Immediately I noticed vision change. I looked at my hands and they began to shrink and look alien( slimy) I felt them and they felt the way they looked. I felt my head and it felt the same. I looked around objects appeared alien, things took on a weird scary dimension, seeming reptilian for lack of a better word, I saw digital squares, the whole experience didn't seem natural but rather synthesized. The breakthrough- after losing awareness of my surroundings and my body. I was pure consciousness. Immediately I was in a BRIGHT white room. Nearest thing I could think spaceship? I was trying not to make judgements. An entity was there clear as day looking straight at me grinning wide, humanoid black cloaked looked remarkably similar to the alien "the awoken" off of the video game destiny. Immense fear took over, this is the opposite of what I imagined, I noticed another being I couldn't remember recognizable features, most I could remember same cloak but a lizard like head that changed colors. After this the fear gripped me. I wanted to cease existence, the afterlife scared me, the existence of myself as a soul scared me. These beings had a sinister feel and unnatural manipulative. After I came down to hearing my friend say it's not real it's not real, I began to cry, I hugged him asking why, what, the fuck, how? Never met a positive spirit or anything. I don't know what to do or what to think. Only love and leading a more compassionate life is what I could think. Also I was wearing earplugs. And when I took them out the experience ended.

Why were you wearing earplugs?

Sounds like you broke through. Unfortunately, if you start off negative, you don't usually go up from there. DMT experiences wear off pretty quick; you'll probably be just fine.

I saw digital squares, the whole experience didn't seem natural but rather synthesized.

That was what I call "Lego Land", some people describe it as looking like the game "Minecraft".
Anyway, that is an intermediate level I go to prior to breaking through, IF I break through.
Often times I just stay there.
All in all it just sounds like you freaked a little...you'll do better next time.

That anxiety definitely didn't sound like the right mindset. With DMT it is not that set and setting don't matter but rather that they do and that it all happens a little quickly to try and steer once you get started. So the only way really is to start out centered and relaxed. Try meditating next time, the best time I ever blasted off with DMT I meditated for 30 minutes on forehand and was able to maintain that steady focus when I used the DMT (not a breakthrough though but intermediate - dissociative and visionary still).

Has anyone ever had a really negative experience then try it again and it's really good

Has anyone ever had a really negative experience then try it again and it's really good

Yip, loads of people. :)

But this probably won't be the case if you take it soon. You need to integrate the experience over time.

I don't know what to do or what to think. Only love and leading a more compassionate life is what I could think.

There is that saying that psychedelics don't give you what you want but what you need. If you received this insight, then you taught a lesson. Try and see that as a positive and enacting the lesson.

One thing that scared me immensely is the technological advancement and synthetic sterile feel of this. It wasn't the open alive place I had expected but reminded me of a purely scientific state of mind. Emotionally detached. I only wanted love and the things that make us human not the manipulative side of our nature

1)
I only wanted love and the things that make us human not the manipulative side of our nature
That too is part of being human.

2)
I only wanted love and...
There's another part of your perceptual problem. Does this statement sound childish to you in any way or degree? Think about it. Don't feel bad about thinking that way if it is, but instead understand where the thought comes from and why.

3)
It wasn't the open alive place I had expected
Is there something inherently wrong or bad with things going differently than expected? Or instead is there something wrong with expecting in the first place?

It sounds to me that the experience you had, you had for a reason. You should be able to see what I mean from what I've written.

Think on what I've said.

Once, a massive demon witch-lady rose above new york city and smacked me with her tornado hands for attempting to enter the DMT hyperspace when i attempted to do so foolishly. DMT can be so revealing.

Yes. It was poorly written but you know what I meant? I mean these entities reminded me of scientists manipulating the universe and there was no beauty in it I could see. It made me just extremely sad because that's not what makes any sense in my mind. I know I have no say and what is and what isn't. But based on your experience with dmt what do you guys think this could mean?

I've had that exact same experience (suddenly in synthetic, futuristic rooms and then confronting an entity). Sometimes it's a beautiful kind eternal woman sometimes it's a horrible intimidating alien/machine. DMT's just like that I guess.

Was there more to it? Did you have better experiences after those horrible ones. I just want to know that there is more to it. The fact that this stuff is in your brain, naturally occurring and released at death, and this is what happens..really fucks with me.

Reread my post and think about what I said aust10.

Your experience was as it was for a reason. DMT trips are always different depending on what's going through your head at that time, what issues you're dealing with, what you need to work out. There's a reason your trip was as it was, and none of us can tell you, we can only point to what we may see, which might not even be correct since we're getting the information second hand.

You entered the experience with pre-conceived notions of what was going to happen and when they didn't, it shattered you. Your mindset wasn't necessarily wrong for the experience, you just didn't get what you expected. Next time go into the experience expecting nothing and let it take you. Clear your mind before-hand and don't watch things like the spirit molecule or anything. Try not to think of what will happen and instead just let it take you.

I don't know what to do or what to think.
What's there to think about? You took the most powerful psychedelic drug on the planet, it screwed with your thought processes and made you see some fucked up things. This is perfectly normal and you shouldn't be taking psychedelics if you can't accept this as one of the potential side effects. Just forget about it and move on.

TBH I'm not surprised you had a bad trip - your attitude is totally wrong. You went in there expecting some crazy spiritual experience when really your intention should have been to have a good time and just go with the flow.
And the fact that you were worried it would show up on a drug test (which it won't) means that you really don't know the first thing about this chemical. You really ought to read up on the pharmacology of these things before you go playing around with them.

So I just got on probation a friend got some acacia root bark. Did some extractions. Smoked leisurely pretty apprehensive about inhaling too deeply for a few weeks here and there never experienced much.
Dafuq is this???
I don't mean to sound like a dick but seriously dude: don't be such a pussy. If you don't want to blast off then what the hell are you doing smoking THE MOST POWERFUL PSYCHEDELIC KNOWN TO MAN?!
Besides, DMT is perfectly harmless and the effects don't even last 10 minutes. What's there to be afraid of?

You don't sound like the sort of person who should be taking psychedelics. You come across as very naive, suggestible and ill informed. How old are you?

Seeing an "alien" plain as day in enhanced vision while he has control over me my conscious (I didn't have a body) was thinking scariest thing ever like way worse than jail and raises some scary philosophical questions if in fact dmt is supposed to display a deeper meaning to the nature of reality I mean. This was like clear as fuck I was looking at this entity stare at me smiling wide. I wasn't feeling high or seeing normal visuals it was a clear alternate reality. I mean, has this happened normally for people who take dmt? What I'm asking is, do you think this shows you what happens after you die or behind the scenes or am I just tripping and my minds making shit up? Btw I don't or didn't believe in aliens in the sense of they would look like a blue man in a black cloak

Also what was the transition like? It felt like I was changing, becoming some sort of corrupted version of myself. I don't know at all how to describe it. But it felt negative and very scary for lack of a better word

Prefix: I don't mean to keep replying and fucking up the potential path of the thread, but I feel as if I have a lot to add.

DMT doesn't make me feel "high" at all. In fact I feel the most "real" I ever feel on it, as if I transcend the human experience we've come here to experience, and am at that point in actual reality. Take that as truth or feeling, I take it as "truth". I haven't experienced entity contact with my eyes open, but I am totally open to it being possible. I wouldn't so much call it what happens after you die, but I definitely believe it's a clearer view of reality, as one would experience reality if not limited to four dimensions. And whether that's a view of the actual reality, or a view of the reality as changed and morphed by human perception, is up to you to decide for yourself.

By transition I assume you mean the range of time from sobriety to peak. For me, it starts with the classic tryptamine body high/feelings, then a feeling/sense of everything in the room (fan, clock, bed, shelves, etc) being separate entities (of course accompanied by increasing visuals), then I close my eyes and am greeted with another dimension.

I'm going to say it for a third time, your trip was the way it was for a reason. You keep looking to bluelight, to others (the principle of looking to others is what matters), for the meaning of what you've experienced, a rationalization, an explanation. It's your duty, your choice, your job to decide what it meant. Again, every DMT trip takes the shape it takes for a reason. Whether you believe that's due to your subconscious entirely or spiritual/otherworldly/other-plane-ly is also your decision to make right now; but, it was the way it was for a reason. Before you go trying to discern what it means on a bigger, universal level (ie. is that what happens at death or am I just tripping balls) you should decipher what it means to YOU, personally. The rest can come after. Same as we can debate whether dreams are simply products of the subconscious or are influenced by things bigger than us, but at the end of the do, without a doubt, hold meaning to us personally. From what you've said, I see it as negative for a reason. You went in with unrealistic expectations (expectations at all for that reason), were looking for something instead of asking for something, etc etc, and the DMT decided '"you know what, I/we don't like aust10's attitude, we'll show him a thing or two". Whether or not you believe DMT is a figment of your own singular consciousness or something bigger, it is a fact that it will throw shit in your face and fuck with you if you go into it wrong, or show you universal beauty if you're in the right mindset. Rather, it will teach you or show you what you need to see, whether the message out of context is negative or positive. Just like mushrooms. And actually, even if you're in the right mindset, if you're fucking up royally in life, or generally acting in a way that deep down you know to be wrong, but are able to ignore day to day, it will throw that in your face and make you accept it too.

Look into yourself, you know what it meant. You just might be afraid to accept it.

Seeing an "alien" plain as day in enhanced vision while he has control over me my conscious (I didn't have a body) was thinking scariest thing ever like way worse than jail and raises some scary philosophical questions if in fact dmt is supposed to display a deeper meaning to the nature of reality I mean. This was like clear as fuck I was looking at this entity stare at me smiling wide. I wasn't feeling high or seeing normal visuals it was a clear alternate reality. I mean, has this happened normally for people who take dmt? What I'm asking is, do you think this shows you what happens after you die or behind the scenes or am I just tripping and my minds making shit up? Btw I don't or didn't believe in aliens in the sense of they would look like a blue man in a black cloak
The sober mind filters out a lot of sensory information that would be unnecessary or distracting. For example: when you're sober you can't see all the ocular fluid and tissue that's in front of your retina even though you're looking through it.
One thing psychedelics to is break down these 'filters', which is why colors look brighter, music sounds better, food tastes better etc.
Unfortunately the human brain isn't perfect, so when these filters are taken down you become overloaded with sensory input and that's why the 'glitches' happen (e.g. heightened anxiety and suggestibility, bizarre thought patterns).

The reason DMT feels clear and natural is because it occurs in the body. You trip on DMT every time you have a dream.
I've seen aliens and shit on high doses of DPT. To paraphrase you, it is simply because I'm tripping and my mind's making shit up. You can't let visuals scare you FFS - they are just figments of your imagination.
In order to enjoy a trip on any psychedelic you have to just relax, go in there with an open mind and let it take you away. If you try to fight it, it'll kick your ass.
Unless you have a predisposition to mental illness, there is absolutely nothing to worry about with DMT other than short-term anxiety (which you cause yourself with your overthinking).

To me it just felt really unnatural. I've tripped over a 100 time on research chems and lsd as well as mescaline and never had a bad trip. Dmt made me feel like i was melting and turning into some weird alien or something which isn't natural at all. I felt like I was in a machine or something and lost all knowledge of my real life. I was just wondering if this was something anyone else had seen. Psy 997 May be right, I had been unhappy, going through a lot and just looking for dmt to solve my problems and show me something beyond this life. And it showed me something not good. So what I'm going to take from this was that I'm not ready and I need to get positive energy going in my life that will interact with this substance. And let it do with me as it will.