• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Injecting (crystal clear) Extracts

Okay, guys, let's not let this turn into an argument about administering drugs IV or not IV. I'd agree that we had ought not to encourage such things, but is BL really a place which should be judging people for what drugs they put into their bodies, or how they do so? I think not.

support ^^^

it just kind of makes me angry when someone screws up a thread that i'm involved in with their preaching. i'm sorry if i kind of lashed out, dondante. i respect the rules and the board, and everything will be kept civil ;)

im going to go ahead and agree with everyone that said injecting drugs is fine and perhaps an even more efficient way of adminestering it.
In strassmans study the subjects were injected with DMT.
its doesnt seem all that unreasonable to IM/IV it.

i personally have no desire to inject DMT. i enjoy the slowish come up of smoking it, and i dont smoke it often enough for it to cause any real harrm to my lungs.

but my butt is itchin for that rig of Ketamine, though i guess hthat belongs in a different thread.

love+lite

and plz no more arguing in a thread about DMT. its hurts my feelings, really.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 everyoneONEONE111111111!!!1one<3 <3 <3 <3

Smoking it has a slowish comeup?!

Dude, I'm never riding in a car with you. hahah.

IM is fairly slow and smooth. Smoking I find to be pretty damn jarring/fast/intense.

yeah smoking rocks me, really quickly, by the third hit I'm fully tripping and can barely manage putting the pipe down through the DMT-immersion.

I figured IV would actually possibly be more latent of a come-on (though the transition would be steeper I would think..?).

Okay for those who have IVEd DMT I have a question.

There have been a few times I smoked DMT and the entities were wondering why I did certain things, like shoot heroin. They have yelled at me during certain trips, and cried for me. They really seem to care about me is what I am trying to get at. One time I smoked DMT while drunk......they didn't like that at all. I never have "bad" trips but they make me evaluate my current situation and make changes accordingly. Okay so if you are following me......have the entities ever been mad that you used a needle to administer the drug? This is something I have wanted to do a long time and I just want to know if IV alters the nature of the trip. What did the entities think about you using a needle? I' sure someone has something they can add to this.

Also, what kind of needle is best for an IV. Does a regular 29-31g 5/16 or 1/2 inch insulin syringe work?

psilocybonaut said:
support ^^^

it just kind of makes me angry when someone screws up a thread that i'm involved in with their preaching. i'm sorry if i kind of lashed out, dondante. i respect the rules and the board, and everything will be kept civil ;)
Needle usage was being preached as the cool thing to do, I was preaching that it wasn't. . . I don't really mind the posts with information about making the procedure more sterile and safe. I am however curious as to how many of you have IV'd DMT and DMT only. From what I have seen of certain friends of mine, it's pretty tough to do only one drug from a needle once you start.

samadhi_smiles said:
I figured IV would actually possibly be more latent of a come-on (though the transition would be steeper I would think..?).
If 5-10 seconds is latent to you ... then yeah. ;)

From what I have seen of certain friends of mine, it's pretty tough to do only one drug from a needle once you start.
I recommend against IV usage to anyone on BL, period.

Unless I know someone in person ... and am confident that this someone is a rational, non-impulsive person, fully informed of the risks and proper techniques, and with absolutely no history of addiction, I wouldn't consider recommending the practice.

I have a decent history of "responsible" IV use behind me ... yes, including drugs other than DMT. However, I'm not addicted to anything, never have been, and I'm doing fine academically at a top tier medical school. Having said that, DMT is the only drug that I feel was worthwhile via this method of administration. I don't envision any other psychedelic drug being superior via this method either (unless perhaps, you're a fan of 5-meo-dmt). It is very true that some "addictive" drugs are evermore tantalizing after IV admin. Fortunately, I have never been overly drawn toward impulsive pleasures, and my academic responsibilities and wonderful fiancé are much more than I require to firmly reject that allure.

As a novelty seeker, I must admit ... some of these IV experiences did not satisfy the quest. They merely gave me a glimpse into a grotesquely attractive world of reversed priorities and the selfish desires that accompany addiction. Tread carefully, for it is a treacherous path.

DivineMomenT said:

There have been a few times I smoked DMT and the entities were wondering why I did certain things, like shoot heroin. They have yelled at me during certain trips, and cried for me. They really seem to care about me is what I am trying to get at. One time I smoked DMT while drunk......they didn't like that at all. I never have "bad" trips but they make me evaluate my current situation and make changes accordingly. Okay so if you are following me......have the entities ever been mad that you used a needle to administer the drug? This is something I have wanted to do a long time and I just want to know if IV alters the nature of the trip. What did the entities think about you using a needle? I' sure someone has something they can add to this.

Also, what kind of needle is best for an IV. Does a regular 29-31g 5/16 or 1/2 inch insulin syringe work?

The entities told me it is best to wear a cone-shaped aluminum protector hat at all times ...

TinFoilHat002.jpg

:)

DivineMomenT said:

whoa......................does dmt make you interact with unseen(to the unaided eye) entities????????i gotta find some of this stuff...

Needle usage was being preached as the cool thing to do
No it was not. Simply because fellow IV users people give each other tips on prep, etc., does not mean anyone is preaching at all. Most people said it would be a bad and possibly dangerous idea. The idea is, that the needle users will come to this thread for their info and questions, so I assume that most who post in this thread have experience with needles. People who do not, and do not want to, please let us discuss our business without derailing the thread (I believe the closest thing to preaching was your first post "you suck at life").
does dmt make you interact with unseen(to the unaided eye) entities????????
Quite often. I would recommend going here to learn about DMT on erowid.

To read more about DMT, I would recommend this writing from Gracie and Zarkov (How And Why To Get Off). The main name that comes to mind when you think DMT is Terence McKenna. His writings, speeches, and books detail the DMT experience very well. Here are links to 2 writings by him that I think are very informative: The DMT Experience, Tryptamine Hallucinogens and Consciousness.

To read about DMT-induced entity/alien contact specifically, I would go here.

Last edited:
why such enetities don't like IV'ing but they like smoking? Smoking is one hell!

aren't they the inner voices of yourself???

I haven't ever talked with anybody, I see wonderful shapes, crystals, blue worlds and such things ON DMT, not anything remotely evaluative...

aren't the wonderful shapes, crystals, blue worlds evaluative? Its a matter of degree not a difference in kind, I think, on DMT. Eventually the wonderful shapes become so wonderfully complex that your categorizing/conceptual mind begins labeling it and interpreting it in a way that is like we do in normal everyday consciousness....this is why we 'meet entities,' see cities, explore worlds...this is what we do as humans...we are representing thinking beings....unless those abilities are stripped from us (this is why I think psilocin + DMT is such a wonderful combination...).

psilocybonaut said:
No it was not. Simply because fellow IV users people give each other tips on prep, etc., does not mean anyone is preaching at all. Most people said it would be a bad and possibly dangerous idea.

Ultimately I agree with you. However, throughout PD as a whole, not really this thread, I have noticed recently a number of posts which basically say "Yeah, IVing <xxx> is the best way to do it. I love IVing things!" or something to that effect. Which is what we need to stay away from.

(I'm not saying you made any of these posts, psilocybonaut)

so we are committed to a forum practice to not endorse IVing. I agree with that view. Even if IV DMT (or DPT, MET, whatever other simple trypt in question) is the best way to take the drug. I think its mature to not endorse IVing because of the addiction potential.

I read somewhere* that the entities are 'water' beings (I suppose in an elemental sense). And they have a problem with the 'fire' aspect of smoking DMT.

But DM Turner also said that the DMT entities warned him against Ketamine as a 'Frankenstein molecule', and many here have said that the combination of the two works well, so who knows?

I'm not promote injecting, but if we can't discuss it on bluelight then where? Making something taboo is more damaging, surely.

* I can locate the reference - just don't remember at present. :)

In fact that reference was also based on DM Turner's writings:

http://www.serendipity.li/dmt/dmtart02.html

Since the first version of this article was published (late 1992) others (in particular, Jonathan Ott) have published valuable contributions to DMT research. D. M. Turner has suggested that, in the words of his leprechaun informant, "DMT is a Water Spirit plant" ([125a], p.89), and that although "it may yield positive results to those who begin with, or only know of this method of use [smoking]", the DMT spirit is averse to fire, loves water, and if smoked in a dry environment (such as a desert) will give the smoker a particularly hard time (in the form of dread and terror).

Whether this is the case is, as D. M. Turner points out, a subject for further research. If, however, it turns out to be true, then another method of administering DMT which does not involve fire is needed.
(There's more worth reading at that link)

and from DM Turner's original 'water spirit' article: (you need to read the whole thing - but I'm sure you know it already :))
It was not until a day later that I became aware of the magical link between DMT and water, and that DMT is most compatible when used in the vicinity of water. This knowledge actually came to me not while high on DMT, but while tripping on Ketamine and a 2C-B-like substance, with Ketamine being the primary factor.
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/essential_psychedelic_guide/water-spirit.shtml

samadhi_smiles said:
so we are committed to a forum practice to not endorse IVing. I agree with that view. Even if IV DMT (or DPT, MET, whatever other simple trypt in question) is the best way to take the drug. I think its mature to not endorse IVing because of the addiction potential.

Yes, we should freely discuss safe IVing techniques when appropriate and also discuss IVing of psychedelics, but just stay away from making proclamations about how great it is and things like that. In other words, discuss it, don't advertise it.

I am going to be trying this method ASAP (the vinegar way). I will let you guys know how it works, and the details of the prep (how much vinegar, etc). I will also let you know what kind of experiences I have.

I have the following for this procedure:
- Glass bottle of 5% acidity white distilled vinegar
- Eight (8 ) insulin/IV needles - 28g, 1/2in.
- A shot glass to perform the conversion in
- Seven (7) Millipore Sterile PVDF Syringe Filter 33 mm .22 µm
- Two hundred (200) Terumo 23g x 1.5' needles
- Three (3) 10 ml Clear Sealed Sterile Glass Vial (silver)
- Twenty (20) 10ml luer lock Syringe w/o Needle Exel
I'm pretty sure I've got it down on how to do it, now it's just a matter of doing it (the conversion, the prep, and the shot).

I'll post my results when I do it. If anyone has any last advice for me before I do this, now is the time to get your two cents in!!