Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT saved me

Noken

Greenlighter
Hey community,

Just to let you know, I'm not an individual who takes drugs often - very rarely as I've only tried marijuana (never again will I) and looking forward to take MDMA at future festivals. Anyway, this is going to be a little story of my experience with a psychedelic drug, DMT.

Prior to smoking DMT, I possessed depersonalization/derealization disorder which is common but barely publicized. What this disorder is, is just a symptom of anxiety. Oh, and it sucks bad.

Moving on!

My sister approached me and convinced me to smoke DMT with her; at this point I was very fearful of drugs and psychedelics since marijuana caused me to develop derealization. However, I read up on DMT and it seemed to be an underrated drug which is perceived to cure people mentally and alter their perceptions of the world in a positive manner.

I smoked this bad-boy three times - the first two times didn't work whatsoever. The third time hit me, hard! And I was afraid at first, but I let go and let this lovely psychedelic drug journey me through the beauty of everything. The following days, I felt, well... real and me. As fucked up and unbelievable it sounds, I feel pretty damn amazing. I highly doubt it's a placebo effect. If it is, so be it - I love it!

Just a question to you all; has this drug altered your perceptions of the world or cured a mental disorder within? Or at least assisted with it?

Before my first trip on ayahuasca I knew a lot that I had just yet to understand.

During my first ayahuasca trip I lost my sense of ego. All of the labels, hierarchies, and judgment in the world ceased to matter. I felt like a child seeing the world for the first time again and I realized that I had woke up for the first time in my life. I realized that the universe is god and that everything is a manifestation of god. My views pretty much changed from nihilistic atheism where I believed everything is a meaningless accident and I'm just an ape that lives to eat, fuck and die, to pantheism. Now my views are that all is One, we are all the same yet different forms of God. The universe is alive and conscious through us. What's happening here at the most fundamental level is the universe is talking to itself.

I stopped running from my past as I learned that all that exists is the here & now. I stopped fearing death as I learned that we never live nor die as we are the eternal universe or God if you will and that my first 13 billion years of existence were extremely peaceful. I learned the uselessness of material and started to focus more on art, love, and nature. I moved away from the city as I couldn't stand being surrounded by concrete anymore and back to my country home. I feel truly happy and at peace for the first time in my life because now I feel I know who I am and what really matters. I felt freed from everything instilled into me from society and from all of my addictions and my worries.

I also believe the message of Alan Watts: Once you get the message, hang up the phone. The person who introduced me to this life creating medicine along with other psychedelics ended up abusing them for recreation and it turned ugly. Any medicine has the potential for ugly abuse.

I tried an A/B extraction but all I got was a greenish yellowish goo. I smoked it anyway and it was like a very short ayahuasca trip. The body feeling along with the feeling of Oneness, the closed eye visuals, and the feeling of closing my eyes and looking out of my forehead into a far more vast and beautiful world was there, but it wasn't as intense as what I've heard smoked DMT is like. So I believe we had different experiences due to different intake but the chemical was the same and the effect was still therapeutic.

I agree with Avena about the message. Often times people are not even looking for a message, just an escape. It's sad to see people turn to psychedelics to escape from reality, well I guess it's sad to see people try to escape at all. The only true escape happens when you completely embrace reality, and see through it (enlightenment).

Anyways I just wanted to say one could get in a lot of trouble (irreversible delusion and psychological damage) by misusing psychedelics.

Noken, DMT may be a great ally, but I would be careful viewing it as a "bad boy". Hyperslaps are no joke. It may be therapeutic, lest one approaches with wrong intentions.

I'm sure you didn't mean any disrespect. :)

I agree with Avena about the message. Often times people are not even looking for a message, just an escape. It's sad to see people turn to psychedelics to escape from reality, well I guess it's sad to see people try to escape at all. The only true escape happens when you completely embrace reality, and see through it (enlightenment).

Anyways I just wanted to say one could get in a lot of trouble (irreversible delusion and psychological damage) by misusing psychedelics.

Noken, DMT may be a great ally, but I would be careful viewing it as a "bad boy". Hyperslaps are no joke. It may be therapeutic, lest one approaches with wrong intentions.

I'm sure you didn't mean any disrespect. :)

...and sometimes people just want to have fun...Get over yourself Hiroki, and your self righteous view of DMT...it's a drug and can be many things to many people...even recreation.

...and sometimes people just want to have fun...Get over yourself Hiroki, and your self righteous view of DMT...it's a drug and can be many things to many people...even recreation.
I apologize for preaching. And if I angered you. All I meant to say was it's really just about cultivating a mindset of respect. There's still room for fun within that context. Now get out of my head you nutcase!

Last edited:

But any alleged "enlightenment" only lasts until the morning after when you have to get up and go to work in the pissing rain doesn't it. Can you really be enlightened when you have half a dozen teenagers in front of you saying "I'll take fries with that"?

I think brief periods of escape from reality are wonderful and can get you through the rest of the week if you're working some suckass job.

I think brief periods of escape from reality are wonderful and can get you through the rest of the week if you're working some suckass job.

Or any life situation really. Sometimes reality is boring/monotonous/dull and I think breaking that cycle can always be therapeutic or helpful in moving forward whether that's intended or not

Some of my most introspective, self improving trips have been when I've taken a psychedelic just to get high or not very responsibly
Not that I'm advising this, but they have value. Sometimes more so then when you're looking for something out of a trip

Personally, I believe that "enlightenment", commonly, is a side effect of what starts out as recreational drug use.

"Make me one with everything" said the buddhist to the hot dog vendor.

"Where is my change" asked the buddhist - "Change only comes from within" replied the vendor.

"I hear reincarnation is making a comeback"

also

Zen Birthday card : "not thinking of you..."

Last edited:
These things are wonderful to hear, but as long as you are saved it seems absolutely wise if you continue your drug-taking apprehension... it would be such a shame if you toggled it again. :)

But any alleged "enlightenment" only lasts until the morning after when you have to get up and go to work in the pissing rain doesn't it. Can you really be enlightened when you have half a dozen teenagers in front of you saying "I'll take fries with that"?

sorry for not being more clear, but i was referring to the genuine enlightenment that is attained without drugs, the one that doesnt go away.

sorry for not being more clear, but i was referring to the genuine enlightenment that is attained without drugs, the one that doesnt go away.

It happens... though the entirety of the experience can't stick with you, sometimes an experience can be so powerful, and so paradigm-shifting, that it can change your life and your entire world forever.

99% of my trips fade and just end up having been a good, or crazy, or beautiful time, but some of them have stuck with me for the long haul.

Op,

DMT completely changes your outlook. not sure if anything else in the world exists that can so quickly change you forever. I'm glad it went well. :)

There's no such thing as genuine enlightenment. It's just a fantasy encouraged to keep people studying pointless religions like buddhism.

There isn't one single human being on this planet who is enlightened. That tells you something - it tells you that enlightenment doesn't exist.

There's no such thing as genuine enlightenment. It's just a fantasy encouraged to keep people studying pointless religions like buddhism.

There isn't one single human being on this planet who is enlightened. That tells you something - it tells you that enlightenment doesn't exist.

I bet you go around telling kids that Santa Clause isn't real, and then laugh in their face when they get sad.