View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT question...

gram696969

Bluelighter
Can you smoke DMT through a bong? I really want to try it but Ive heard it taste like shit, Id really rather just mix it with my weed

Yeah, but don't put the flame directly on it, pack it in a weed sandwich and light the weed on the top really quickly and let the cherry burn down through the pipe/bowl and vaporize the dmt as it goes down 👍

Or you CAN have the dmt on top, but hold the flame mega far away when you start sucking and wait until it all melts onto the weed before doing the rip as usual.

Doesnt taste pleasant though, no.

I kind of like the taste of it. "How to consume DMT" is probably a 30 page thread, but i have had more success with the sandwich method above then I have with the meth pipe vaping method.

get a dab rig kit if you can. Bong is okay once you get it right but if you burn the dmt it will taste horrible. Also DMT is best without weed.

I've had the best luck with an "oil burner" aka meth pipe for freebase 5-MeO-DMT and n,n DMT for full breakthrough doses, but theres definitely a skill set required to do it correctly. Never use a torch lighter or let the flame come into direct contact with the pipe itself, you can rapidly burn the hell out of it instead of vaporizing it. I try to keep the flame at least an inch or two from the pipe. Slowly rotating the pipe as you smoke it, avoiding having the now runny tryptamine spill out the carb helps to vaporize more than burn it as well.

The sandwich method is what I do when I'm on another psychedelic and/or dissociative. Its easier to get to breakthrough territory when you're mind is already primed so to speak. It's also a better way to take sub-breakthrough hits to add some visual craziness to a different substance. It's not that you can't achieve full effects this way, but I find I'm much more likely to end up coughing when I try to take a big enough hit with the added cannabis smoke.

The other option is preparing "changa", which is DMT mixed into a powder made with an MAOI containing plant. This route requires serious care, because MAOI's are especially dangerous when combined with certain foods and can be even more dangerous if you're taking DXM, an SSRI or any number of medications, both psychiatric or otherwise. Some people are lax when working with MAOI's, but serotonin syndrome is not something I'm willing to risk. That's why ayahuasca is such a rare thing for me, it takes me weeks or preparation to do it safely.

More changa information here:

Does the Changa burn properly on a generic smoking pipe.

I have only tried DMT a handful of times and the first three I never broke through, I tried with friends using a bong which just gave threshold effects for myself although a friend of mine has had full breakthrough moments using this method. Then I invested in a Glass Vapour Genie and first time I used it I had a sub breakthrough experience which was much stronger than the bong and then, the second time with the GVG (and the most recent) I had a breakthrough experience. I managed to clear the whole dose in two hits and was surprisingly efficient.

I'm so glad I made the jump and invested in that when I did. I am going to try some premade DMT vape cartridges next and see what they're like although I am in two minds whether to make up my own vape solution. Any advice?

If a hit from a bong "tastes good" to you, I don't know, man. DMT probably tastes great to you.
I can't even be in the same room as a bong, I can't stand the smell.

I have only tried DMT a handful of times and the first three I never broke through, I tried with friends using a bong which just gave threshold effects for myself although a friend of mine has had full breakthrough moments using this method. Then I invested in a Glass Vapour Genie and first time I used it I had a sub breakthrough experience which was much stronger than the bong and then, the second time with the GVG (and the most recent) I had a breakthrough experience. I managed to clear the whole dose in two hits and was surprisingly efficient.

I'm so glad I made the jump and invested in that when I did. I am going to try some premade DMT vape cartridges next and see what they're like although I am in two minds whether to make up my own vape solution. Any advice?

I’d personally stick with the GvG, I’m not a fan of DMT vape carts. They oxidize the hell out of the DMT in there as you hit it more n more. But if you wanna make your own juice I can help ya with that too.

My GVG also has been a great purchase. I use it mostly to give others experiences cuz I actually have really found my favorite way is simply to sandwich some in between bud in a one hitter. I get great experiences this way although it is more wasteful material wise. But my times on my GVG have been nice too, it gets me to breakthrough real easy.

-GC

you can also use a yocan evolve plus with ceramic coils for DMT. Great for noobs to blast off just put the crystal in it light it up a little to get it melting then start inhalinhg and press button more.

you can also use a yocan evolve plus with ceramic coils for DMT. Great for noobs to blast off just put the crystal in it light it up a little to get it melting then start inhalinhg and press button more.

I suggest getting a little base layer of THC concentrate (or CBD or whatever) to make sure the DMT doesn’t burn. I’ve found using old caked up carts works lot better than fresh ones. This is more important when talking of ultra pure DMT, less of an issue with waxy batches.

-GC

I’d personally stick with the GvG, I’m not a fan of DMT vape carts. They oxidize the hell out of the DMT in there as you hit it more n more. But if you wanna make your own juice I can help ya with that too.

My GVG also has been a great purchase. I use it mostly to give others experiences cuz I actually have really found my favorite way is simply to sandwich some in between bud in a one hitter. I get great experiences this way although it is more wasteful material wise. But my times on my GVG have been nice too, it gets me to breakthrough real easy.

-GC
Thanks for the advice. I've seen a few different accounts where some say vape cartridge is pointless while others swear by it, I think I'd like to try it just one time so any help you could give me on making it myself would be amazing. Thanks brother.

Let me dig around for my notes, cuz I followed others suggestion for dilution and felt it coulda been a thicker solution..

The way I did it was I first followed recommendations to dissolve 1.5g in 10ml PEG. I found this too dilute for normal batteries and required a battery with variable temp/voltage settings to get anything out of it.

I then made one with 250mg in 1ml and was more impressed but still not happy with the results. This was crystal clear DMT and began to discolor the solution after only a few puffs.

Typically carts can hold 1ml solution. I’d be willing to bet 300-400mg possibly 500mg could be dissolved in to fit in a single cart. Then it’d be to a potency that I’d enjoy where 1-3 puffs would be solid breakthrough territory.

If doing a single cart, first fill it halfway with PEG, pour it back into a glass vial then add 300-500mg DMT. Heat this double boiler style stirring frequently until it’s all dissolved. Let sit til room temp to see if any precipitation occurs. If not add this to your cart via glass dropper carefully. Take some fresh PEG and rinse the glass vial out, use some heat too to ensure you grab all residual DMT solution. Drip this into cart until it’s full.

Let us know how it goes and ask any questions you have :)

The only plus to carts is that they majorly conserve the product compared to other methods, even GVG. But with the faster degradation idk if it’s worth the trouble.

-GC

Last edited:
I dilute 1g in 1ml of PG. This makes two 1ml carts with 500mg in each.
1g goes into 1ml easily. Next time I’m going to try for 1.5g in 1ml as the 500mg carts are not as strong as I would like them to be.

True, but I spelled Delsyd correctly.
(Also Delisyd is taken)