View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT mental looping

Kyledrugs1

Greenlighter
I am an experienced DMT user who has experienced doses up to 60mg at a time, but I have never experienced anything like what happened to me a few days ago... I have been constantly thinking about it since it happened. I ingested 40mg utilizing a e-nail w/ carb cap and decided rather than blindfold myself and listen to music during my trip like I usually elect to do, I would keep my eyes open throughout the entire experience. I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not but what happened to me after was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. Shortly after taking the hit, I began hearing the usual metallic ringing noises that are common in my trips, then I began seeing the entire room morph into indescribably colors and patterns all around me which is not unusual again, but all of a sudden things got extremely clear and I was able to see everything around me in the room just as it was before. I could see my friends talking to each other but was completely unable to interact with them. Suddenly, the world began morphing and moments later the scene of my friends talking in front of me happened again exactly as it had happened before... And then once again after the scene was over the world again began to morph indescribably before going back to the same scene of my friends talking around me once again. This happened repeatedly for what felt like an eternity. All I could do in my mind was try to call out for help but it fell on deaf ears... I was trapped. There was no way out. I have heard of people spending what felt like years in a DMT trip but always thought they were just exaggerating... I know now how possible this is. I eventually was able to get back to reality although I was nervous for quite a while that it was merely another loop as I had been going through it for so long. Has this loop ever happened to anyone else? I had also ingested 3 shots of liquor an hour beforehand and smoked a fair amount of cannabis which may have contributed to the loop effect but in not quite sure.

You had a proper breakthrough experience.

Welcome to the club.

The visuals just completely went away on 40mg DMT? Weird.
So, you were there in the room with your friends, and you experienced this looping scene play out over and over. But was it literally the same exact sensory inputs cycling again and again, or were your friends merely in the same spots and not changing their actions very much, making it seem like a loop while on the DMT? The psychedelic is going to make your sensations loop either way. Did it seem like your friends talking was the exact same every time?

The "eternity" feeling is no joke at all and is a living hell. This happened to me on a quarter of mushrooms and I was in that nightmare for what literally felt like days on end. Mix that with not big able to piece any train of thoughts together what so ever and you get an experience so bad you wouldn't wish it upon your worst enemy.

I wonder that since dmt last only around 15 minutes give or take that the looping wouldn't be as bad compared to a very high dose of mushrooms Which lasts a good 5-6 hours.

You had a proper breakthrough experience.

Welcome to the club.

I've broken through before on larger doses before, this was a whole different animal!

The visuals just completely went away on 40mg DMT? Weird.
So, you were there in the room with your friends, and you experienced this looping scene play out over and over. But was it literally the same exact sensory inputs cycling again and again, or were your friends merely in the same spots and not changing their actions very much, making it seem like a loop while on the DMT? The psychedelic is going to make your sensations loop either way. Did it seem like your friends talking was the exact same every time?

My friends were literally saying the same words and acting out the exact same motions over and over again for what felt like hours... Throughout the entire trip I was able to think in my mind relatively clearly, but my body seemed to be disconnected with my mind. It seemed as though I was right at the cusp of actually breaking through but couldn't pass the barrier and was just stuck in an endless loop of the last known bit of reality my brain was able to grasp onto.