• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT Freeze Precipitation Making Ice & No Crystals?

Snowman19

Greenlighter
Hey guys, having some trouble, after several attempts, I'm still unable to get any crystals. What I keep ending up with after freeze precipitating is what seems to be white ice at the bottom. It doesn't look like crystals and when I leave it out at room temperature to allow the remaining naptha to dry out, the ice melts and turns to a liquid.

Does anyone know what this ice stuff is and why this is happening?

Lots of things in play here - how pure was the naphtha pull (was there any brownish coloration?), how saturated was the solution (how much actual DMT was in naphtha), what kind of dish are you using, what temperature (you suppose to put your freezer on maximum for best crystallization, make sure to remove food as well).

That white ice in the bottom is your freebase DMT and I'm guessing the reason why you are not getting a bigger crystals is that the temp is too low and the solution is not saturated enough. You can recrystallize it again to see if you can grow those crystals but its a careful process that takes time.

Just redissolve your "white ice" (DMT freebase mostly free of the solvent) with the lowest amount of fresh naphtha again, pour it in the large glass dish (covered with foil with holes in it to let the solvent evaporate) and let it sit for a day,
then stick it in the fridge (not freezer) for 6 hours or so,
then take it out for an hour or two and
then move it to the freezer set to the coldest temp for another day or until you see crystals forming.

You can also put it on top of the working dryer (for vibration purposes) when take it out from the fridge and before freezing it for better seed crystals formation.

Have fun! ;)

Quick question about some equipment i am looking at for this process.

Does anyone know if this is adequate for small batches?

PURETech Portable Car Refrigerator with 12/24V DC Compressor, Fast Cooling Freezer(-0.4°F-14°F) for Outdoor Fishing,Traveling,Camping (26 Quart(25L) https://a.co/d/c87rfbc