View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Freebase Crystals - Fake?

Kirarall

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time posting. I haven’t found an answer yet, so was hoping for some insight.

Quite a few years ago I totally stumbled upon DMT. Had never heard if it before, tried it, loved it, bought a gram. At that point it was all about the initial pretty colors trip, not a breakthrough, although I definitely had some other-dimensional type experiences. What I got then was, I think, a very impure salt. It was a brown (sorta reddish brown?) powder (not quite as fine as say baby powder). With that it was just always top off a bowl, and there ya go. Just light carefully.

Since that gram was finished, I haven’t happened across any more. Recently I began a search, and got my paws on some (or so I thought). Now, I don’t personally know the source, but have gotten a fairly wide variety of other, always wonderful quality, products from him, and my connection to that source is someone I trust very much. What I got was twice as expensive, but a totally different (I had thought much better?) substance. Clear, crystal-y rocks, so the freebase form. So, I tried smoking some powder (crushed crystals) sandwiched in some herb, I tried vaporizing some sandwiched between a couple screens, freebased it off foil, used “the machine” and even finally smoked a chunk off a dab rig. Nothing. I know I’m getting and holding in hits of whatever it is. It has an unpleasant almost plastic-y after taste. Last time I just remember it tasting like death. Previously, as soon as I took a hit I could feel my lips start going numb, and almost a vibrating feeling. Instant onset. Even if I took a tiny hit of the original stuff I’d still begin to feel the vibrating feeling and colors would sharpen. Nothing with these new crystals.

Now that I’ve gone through so many methods of trying to consume it (these were not all in a row, by the way. Just since I’ve gotten this sample), I’m concerned I may have gotten something fake. I’m out of ideas. But, when you freebase it it melts/vapes and reforms, it doesn’t burn or leave residue. I guess I’m more curious about what I actually have than anything, or if anyone has some idea that I’ve been missing re:consumption.

Thanks in advance all!

Crystals are better. Just put it on a bed of weed in a waterfall piece, the dmt soaks into the weed and burns with it instead of slipping through.

Shotgun the waterfall. Only way I've had 100% blastoff success with dmt. The red dirt works really well too. U didn't get fake dmt. Both of those forms seem pretty regular.

People have problems with the crystals I find though. Just because they are much more delicate and hard to make sure u burn all of or burn evenly. The dirt sticks a little easier and gums up better. The crystals can fall through and just mess up.

Using a bubble also works, but the taste gets me before I can get a full breath.

If u shotgun a 32oz Gatorade bottle full of dmt+weed smoke all at once u can just get it in and out of there and toss a mint in your mouth before the universe explode. Best way for me.

I suggest you preform a reagent test on it

I've actually just ordered some, as I don't have the correct kind. I hate waiting on shipping!

Koala: Thanks, I should try with a waterfall! And I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to have this issue.

The reddish-brown stuff is caused by either drying or re-using naptha. The clear crystals are formed when you use fresh naptha for each pull.

Not sure if you can get it that way ^ but 'red jungle spice' is typically made with not naphtha but toluene or xylene as the solvent. Also it will depend on the rootbark or plant material extracted whether it contains other gunk that will discolor the end-product if not worked up / purified well. I doubt naphtha will work since it just has more limited solubility potential usually, but who knows.

None of that is actually really important, apart from that reddish DMT is 'a thing' so not necessarily indication of a fake. But indications like that are not good to go on, indications from reagents will at least give you a check for indole alkaloid presence which says a whole lot more.

Weird seems like you may have been taken but it could also just be due to your vaporiyatiom technique
Personally I have a dab rig I only use for dmt(the taste lingers on the nail pretty good) but that has been by far the easiest and most effective way to smoke it that I have found. My favotire wy to do it by farm

My current white barely yellow off colored crystals turned Terrance Mkenna orange yet my extracted purified never changed colors and was a bitch to smoke when I let it form giant hedgehog crystals.

I found the best way is to use a bubbler with a glass 6 or 7 pronged star/Jack/screen while using a small piece of hemp wick that is left on a plate in case one can't put it out being small so it doesn't completely burn making an herb sandwich with either cannabis or mullien base that is burned from a distance allowing a cherry to form without touching flame lowering the flame as the bowl is 1/2 to 1/4 burnt. Hold it in until you forget why you're counting and holding your breath