Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dmt extraction

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
Hey all!

So I'm extracting 500g of mimosa root bark and am doin a STB extraction. Imnusing the lazyman tek with a few modifications. I want some input on what you guys think of my process and if it needs any tweaks. I wanna get a good yield from this bark so any tips that'll up it would be greatly appreciated.

Extraction
Step 1) put the plant matter in the freezer and freeze for 1.5 hours then take out of freezer and let thaw. Repeat process of freezing thawing a total of 3 times.

Step 2) measure out 3L of water and 200g of NaOH. Mix the NaOH with the water, aim for a pH of 13.5

Step 3) measure out 250g of non iodized salt and mix with the water solution

Step 4) let sit in cool dark place for 3 days

Step 5) add 200ml of naphtha to the mixture and put in a water bath heated to 120°F. Let the bark mixture heat up to 90°F - 110°F and let extract for 1 hour, stirring often.

Step 6) siphon off naphtha layer and put in freeze precipitation vessel

Step 7) freeze precipitation

Step 8) filter naphtha and save it for next extraction and reclaim the dmt crystals

Step 9) keep extracting till nothing comes out from freeze precipating. Wait 12hrs tho between extractions.

So with this method I've gotten 4.2g dmt from 4 pulls with 125ml naphtha for each pull. The fifth pull I did the naphtha came out super milky and had crystals just crashing out of it as it cooled from 90°F to room temp so I'm guessing there's a lot more product in the water bark solution. I'm gonna pull till nothing comes from freeze precipitating it. I'm also gonna do a recrystaliAtion after I'm done extracting with hexane to clean up the white fluff. This is my first dmt extraction other than a test run I did with 100g root bark with an A/B extraction. I did the whole 50pg at once and didn't powder it as it came shredded in fine small pieces and my blender was broken. So how's my technique look anything I can add or change to it? I have 2.5 years in organic Chem so this is super easy for me to do BTW so any suggestions are welcome as they won't be difficult for me to understand or carry out.

Thanks

Sounds good to me bugg - perhaps the only thing that may be going overboard a bit is letting it sit for 3 days, I didn't think you needed quite that long but hell - if it's working then stick with it.

Just weighed the fifth pull and I got 1.43g from it ^_^. Also the naphtha was still super milky when I filtered it so I put it back in the freezer in an isopropyl bath. The sixth pull is in the freezer atm but has enough product in it that it started forming crystals in solutiom as the naphtha cooled to room temp in the precipitation vessel. It seems as I do more extractions I'm getting a higher mass of precipitate.

When I do the recrystaliztion would hexane or heptane or pentane be best for forming crystals. Ideally I'd want something that dmt is soluble in but not other alkaloids and has a high boiling point as this will make the air evap slower and will help bigger crystals for.m. last time I used naphtha and got a bright yellow crystal that weighed 130mg. Will a different solvent yield a more white product or am I gonna have to wash with activated charcoal?

In the future consider 2 or 3 small batches rather than an individual large batch. Perform each extraction separately. This reduces the potential losses from error in your project.

Yea I thought of going with maybe two 250g extractions but I wanted to just do it in one go. I just weighed by yield and I'm just a point or so shy of 7g so my yield is just under 1.5% which I'm pretty happy with for a large quantity used. I just did the sixth pull and the naphtha is cloudy like milk coloured at room temp. So my yield is gonna be higher 1.5%.

After this I'm gonna wash with tolene and get the red jungle spice outta it.

Well I have 9g now and I'm on my eighth pull. Using 150ml naphtha I still end up with a milky solution at room temperature. The last pull got me 1.5g of product and it was only freeze precipitated over night. So I have a 1.9% yield at pretty good for my first real go at it with a tek I kinda threw together huh?

Just did the 9th pull and I got another .94g bringing my total just shy of 10g. That's a 2% yield atm and I just did the 10th pull and the solution went to super milky as soon as I put it in the cold iso bath. Looks like I'll break a 2% yield. Not too bad for my second extraction huh? Considering I did 100g the first time and got 300mg I've really improved I'm glad I did it in one big extraction and not broken into little ones. I think would have made for tedious and annoying work.