• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Extraction Subthread] Noman's Tek

both are good but rinsing afterwards is probably more effective yes.
either way it's unclear how much NaOH actually ends up in the final product, and whether this affects the quality of the smoke...

both are good but rinsing afterwards is probably more effective yes.
either way it's unclear how much NaOH actually ends up in the final product, and whether this affects the quality of the smoke...

cool, I'll update this thread later :)

given that salts like sodium hydroxide/carbonate are insoluble in naptha it should be a non-issue

It would be if the solvent was dried. Just pipetting or decanting the naphtha is going to leave some water in it. All it takes to dry it is to add some salt, swirl it around and filter. I might skip washing the solvent with water, but I'd never skip drying it.

I thought that rinsing the final product (after recrystallization) was the way to go.

It's better to wash the solution - the inside of the crystals isn't accessible to the wash water. Plus if you wash the crystals you have to dry them again.

Used nomans tek quite a few times and only get a moderate amount of product, not what i'm usually expecting. Maybe its my bark? Need to try another tek maybe to find out

It's better to wash the solution - the inside of the crystals isn't accessible to the wash water. Plus if you wash the crystals you have to dry them again.

So you would rinse with 25ml of Na2CO3 solution per 300ml of naphtha (and then 25ml of water twice) after pulling and before freeze precipitating?

As promised, here's my update:

U0IyMIo.jpg

From 250g to 800mg :) not bad for a first try.

6IQb2pw.jpg

Things to remember for next time:
*Instead of using a 5ml syringe and an eyedropper to siphon naphtha (the 140ml syringe is much too clumsy,) use the bigger syringe to extract as much naphtha as possible and definitely use a separatory funnel...spent way too much time siphoning...
*Na2CO3 wash before freeze precipitation
*Put all pulls in one pyrex dish with higher surface area to promote evaporation
*Avoid using coffee filters...I feel like there is quite a bit of product loss using them.
*Use as skinny a shot glass as possible for recrystallizing. I couldn't find one so a 1/2 pt jar was used instead...felt pretty pointless trying to freeze precipitate crystals out of liquid that doesn't even cover the bottom of the jar.

Also, a question...
When adding hot naphtha to the heated crystals, I felt like I used an incorrect amount of naphtha. Because the crystals had melted already, it was hard for me to determine when they were fully dissolved :/ Any tips?

Last edited:
Looks good :)

So you would rinse with 25ml of Na2CO3 solution per 300ml of naphtha (and then 25ml of water twice) after pulling and before freeze precipitating?

I'd just wash it once with a little water (the amount doesn't really matter, just enough that it's possible to separate) then dry it over some salt. Filter the salt off, freeze precipitate, recrystallise.

Also, a question...
When adding hot naphtha to the heated crystals, I felt like I used an incorrect amount of naphtha. Because the crystals had melted already, it was hard for me to determine when they were fully dissolved :/ Any tips?

It'll melt but you can still see if it's not all dissolved - there'll be a (probably orange) oil under the naphtha. Swirl it a bit to make it move if you can't see it, a smaller container will help too.

That looks great! Nice job. I have never done a bark extraction before. Would any one be so kind to point me in the right direction of either a good step thread or guide to the process? As well as how to obtain the bark? A few years Maybe 2 ago there was a resurgence of beautiful DMT here in NYC area. I did about 20 trips or visits to the other side. Wrote about 13 of them down (experiences). Then it was gone. Later I read a lab scientist of some company was pulled over for swerving on the highway. Upon searching the ride the got appx 2 Lbs pure DMT. What a waste.

I am new here so don't know where I would post my writings about the last trips. If any one is interested let me know and I will share them with you.