• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Discussion! [Whats Your Best Advice?]

Never tried smoking DMT - 2 minute trips never really appealed, tried oral DMT lots of times but always struggled with the nausea. Once it hits it's great but the nausea is a pain in the arse. So now I just use 4-aco-dmt instead - no nausea and I can't tell the difference between it and DMT.

I've had really strong pre-made carts and really weak pre-made carts so it might be in the preparation. The strong carts have been *quite* sufficient, but you have to process that you're not necessarily going to be able to get cartoonishly giant rips. I don't vape otherwise so I don't mess around with fancy mods, but if you made your own liquid and had the right gear I'm sure you could hoover giant clouds of the stuff.
Well, I don't think I'm quite ready to mix up my own liquid yet but I will seek out other carts! Thanks.

I'm 39. And I don't have a regular enough history of use to really make a judgement as far as how the trips themselves are. After about 23-24 I walked away from psychs due to by burgeoning alcoholism. There was a solid 15 years where I did zero psychedelic drugs and instead, traded several addictions back and forth for a decade or so. I've only picked back up with DMT and mushrooms in the last two years. What I can say for sure is this: Back in my early 20s, tripping was a social experience. Or at least it was always intended to be. Neither myself, nor my friends took anything more than "recreational" doses and always in small groups. Now, I don't desire that at all. I take large doses and seek inner worlds; alone and mostly in a dark room with music. The deeper the better. I can't say whether or not it's age related or something else, but that's the type of experience I want these days, so that's what I do. Sorry that I can't share any further insight.
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm trying to understand if, with experience, we get better at honing into ever deeper inner worlds and have different trip experiences or do our brains mostly respond differently as we age. Perhaps it's both.

right i tried DMT for the first time yesterday, and here seems to be as good a place to ask as anywhere.

i felt like i was conscious but there was just blackness, nothing was happening. i didn't go anywhere, i just sort of left the room. i think that i had too much, i didn't do the dose and just followed my friends lead as to when/how to breathe. she thinks i did go somewhere and don't remember it.

i am on SSRIs but skipped my dose in the morning to try and avoid interactions.

now i'm kind of getting this anxiety that i have some sort of deep emptiness inside me where other people have something. i have this narrative that there is something fundamentally wrong with me and its feeding into that. if i tried it again i would ask for maybe a quarter of what i had before and work up.

after, i also felt incredibly cold to my core and ended up with a heat pad and two blankets shivering.

now i'm kind of getting this anxiety that i have some sort of deep emptiness inside me where other people have something. i have this narrative that there is something fundamentally wrong with me and its feeding into that. if i tried it again i would ask for maybe a quarter of what i had before and work up.

One important exercise that made me make it through a million trips is not attaching myself to anything and to NOT create a belief system. Ex, how many people tripped once on the 70's and became a Hare Krishna etc...

So look at it like a drive across the country. When you go through the slums sure it will make your stomach sink but you pass through and then can make it to prettier sites eventually. Treat these DMT trips like that. You are not emptiness, you passed through emptiness. The notion that you are empty and others are not is the same as identifying yourself with the slums as you pass through instead of someone passing through the slums.

No belief systems. :) You are not emptiness.

Not sure I can speak to meds maybe others can as I am out of the loop on SSRIs. Someone will know more. I just didn't want to see you stuck in any belief system. I mean I know there are a lot empty people that I do I know but even they have some substinance. ;)

Last edited:
sometimes you are denied entry to hyperspace by the universe and and just sort of left there wondering why.

sometimes you are denied entry to hyperspace by the universe and and just sort of left there wondering why.

Yup it happens to some people that do it a lot. Almost like the mind creates a defense mechanism and says no more entry for now until integration. I wonder if it is a chemical response or a mental response. I am not sure how people can do it a lot but yeah it is documented that people get locked out at times and then let back in.

My opinion is it is a mental response. But receptors could be involved but I see nothing that fits that logic when people explain it.

I believe their are at least higher entities that are gate keepers to hyperspace. I have encountered these things on LSD, DMT and shrooms. Usually taking the form of ultimate evil to scare the shit out of the traveler who is unready for the journey and unworthy. Taking on forms of the the devil or lucifer. Just as the buddha encountered mara the evil one during his enlightenment. It is the true test of the souls purity and worth to cross over to the other side. DMT forces you to face your own karma. Hyperspace on LSD was also in the realms of dmt crazy. Hard to get their and if you do its going to be a psychotic journey due to the dopamine nature of LSD aswell compared to DMT.

I believe their are at least higher entities that are gate keepers to hyperspace. I have encountered these things on LSD, DMT and shrooms. Usually taking the form of ultimate evil to scare the shit out of the traveler who is unready for the journey and unworthy.

I do too TS. That is one explanation. I put that in the "maybe" folder. I just never want to definitively say anything is 100% this or 100% that. But I like that idea. One reason I think it is something like that is this story by Nick Sand:

Another time I had been travelling in México, and wound up on a deserted beach in Zihuatanejo, leaning against a huge rock. I was tired, and I had just had a fight with my wife. I went for a walk and sat down against this rock at the end of the beach to smoke some DMT. It was a dark night, and a distant street light cast a wan light over the sand, as soft sounds of the jungle surrounded me. I lit up my DMT pipe and took 3 or 4 tokes. Suddenly, I shot upwards and was at an upscale cocktail party. The colors were rich and enchantingly beautiful. The men were very big and handsome, dressed in well-cut suits. The women were gorgeous in gowns and cocktail dresses. They were gathered in groups of 4 or 5, discussing very arcane, deep, and interesting topics. I couldn’t quite hear and my head barely reached up to their shoulders. I felt like a juvenile trying to crash an adult party. I was standing on my tip-toes, looking into one of these groups, trying to hear, when an intelligent-looking large fellow in a light grey suit turned to look at me. He regarded me with a benign expression of friendly sympathy and said, “You know you are too tired to be here.” With a wave of his hand, he threw a lightning bolt at my feet. There was a flash of light, an explosion under me, and I was falling into a black void at whose depth I settled slowly, finding myself seated cross-legged on the beach with the pipe in my hands. I was clear. I was completely unintoxicated, as though I had not smoked any DMT.

Would you guys recommend it for someone with ptsd?
I heard it can happen very therapeutic but I'm terrified i would have flashbacks.
I have done lsd and enjoyed it. Shrooms make me anxious and an overwhelming feeling of something awful

Would you guys recommend it for someone with ptsd?
I heard it can happen very therapeutic but I'm terrified i would have flashbacks.
I have done lsd and enjoyed it. Shrooms make me anxious and an overwhelming feeling of something awful

dmt is extremely molecularly close to psilocybin - I've experienced very high dose psilocybin trips that have, at the peak, been equal to the intensity of dmt

any psyche could be great, or terrible, or anywhere in between for someone with (or without come to that) ptsd

one thing for sure - don't touch it if you'd be going into the experience terrified of flashbacks

DMT has sent me back in time foward in time reliving many things anything is possible in hyperspace their are no limits. But it comes from a place of great love and acceptance guided by higher entities to help you. DMT can change your life in a very positive direction if you sincerely seek it. I would recommend DMT for PTSD suffers it can free you in many ways. I don't know why alot of people report never getting anything of value out of DMT. If used in the right way you can bring back alot of positive things over time.

smoke more of it

i think smoking too much of it was the issue so if i did it again i'd be inclined to go for a much lower dose. everything went very trippy visually very fast,i said 'fucking hell' and then was in this blackness.

and thanks @JackARoe - this belief system isn't something that i got from my 'trip' (cos i really wouldn't call blackness that tbh the closest analogue to is being dreamless sleep, except i was aware but unable to really tnink), its been entrenched since childhood due to the way adults behaved to me.

so is the experience of being 'denied entry to hyperspace' consistent with my experience, or did i just have too much, was ti some interaction with my medication, or is my brain just in some way weird?

i am actually interested in it for PTSD, and that's also why i'm on SSRIs, so am a bit disappointed that there seemed to be very theraputic effect whatsoever. that said, i didn't do it with any preconceptions, just viewed it as an experiment with really no hopes of expectations so i don't think my prior mental state can have had an effect.

final word. the entities are constructs of your own brain, akin to when you literally bring any person to mind ever. i've been majorly put off psychedelics by people who seem to be unable to comprehend that while tripping can be insightful, nothing they come across has any reality outside their minds eye. i have no doubt whatsoever that if i get the chance to meet them myself, i would still be of this opinion.

I actually went through like half a gram one night getting sucked into it and being unable to stop; was also on 2cbfly and oral 4acodmt

Didn't meet any entities but had a crazy near death experience; each hit I took it was like I got sucked through the pipe in a circle; was watching my body dissolve and being reformed

IV 4acodmt has been the only thing to put me any close to seeing any entities but it was more like the universe was breathing out my window like the old gods or something

final word. the entities are constructs of your own brain, akin to when you literally bring any person to mind ever. i've been majorly put off psychedelics by people who seem to be unable to comprehend that while tripping can be insightful, nothing they come across has any reality outside their minds eye. i have no doubt whatsoever that if i get the chance to meet them myself, i would still be of this opinion.

Right brain and mind would be different. The mind is a big playground that contains reality shaped by beliefs. I think a lot of people like to call some of these things entities as they do seem to think they are separate from us much in the same way another human or animal or plant is separate. Yet they all seemed contained in the mind and when you get far enough it seems we are all contained within each others mind. Bringing someone to mind still contains that nugget that it was a reality that a person brought someone else to mind (not explaining that correctly) So it is not too simple as DMT pulls the inside out and the outside in. :D Is reality in Here or out There? But I agree with just keeping these things to ideas.

My personal opinion leans towards how Joseph Campbell calls religeons archetypes of the human Spirit, its struggles along with victories as we grow. That these entities are as real as anything else we think are real but only symbolizes what is deep within us. Everything is a form of symbolism. To the point where one symbol can mean a whole story.

My opinion Chinup is you took too much and just entered a void. I have heard of that. You can't remember it. Not sure that is the shut out being mentioned here. But should you continue it would be interesting to hear your thoughts say after about 10-15 trips on how you view the whole thing. No idea is too crazy unless a person 100% says that his idea is 100% reality. Now that would be crazy!

Last edited:
Like others have said....

1. DMT is NOT recreational
2. be prepared to fucking die
3. DMT IS NOT RECREATIONAL!!!!!!!!!
4. Do not go into DMT thinking you will meet mechanical space elf entities.... you may, you may not.... you will meet whatever you meet....
5. DO NOT combine a bunch of other drugs before smoking DMT. All of my "bad/scary" DMT trips were when I was already high/drunk
6. DO NOT expect to "have fun". You get what you get.
7. VAPE IT CORRECTLY. DMT is notoriously difficult to vape correctly.... like a 20 degree F temp difference means nothing or you burn your shit
8. Make SURE you have no pre-existing mental health issues....
9. Do not smoke DMT 3x per day like I was doing at one point.....
10. DMT is a very special drug and should be used on very special occasions.

I could probably say another 1000 things but I'll leave it at that...
May I ask why the 'do not smoke 3x per day' advice? Beyond the usually not good to abuse these types of particularly strong psychedelics, I wonder what the actual result of smoking 3x a day is? Were the effects undesired?

I have smoked DMT a handful of times and only broke through on one occasion. I have been tempted to smoke multiple times a day when I've had it but I've not due to the equipment I had (glass VG and torch lighter) and still find it difficult to hit that sweet spot. I have some DMT vape cartridges relatively close to hand which I think would be much easier to hit multiple times a day.

My advice for first timers as a relative new comer to this amazing compound is, as others have said, expect your expectations to be wildly off mark. Expect everything.

Last edited:
My 11 pointers for all the aspiring tribesmen:

I) Everything you know about DMT is based on (very) strict subjectivity.
II) The DMT experience is tailored to your existence and it alone.
III) In spite of similarities, the experience is unique to the individual.
IV) Do not expect answers.
V) Seek out the ineffable.
VI) Realise the inexplicable.
VII) You are special.
VIII) Keep a track of things.
IX) You cannot go mad.
X) Stand like a warrior at the edge of time.
XI) There is no there there.

Last edited:
My best advice for DMT smokers is to try 4-aco-dmt - lasts for hours, no nausea and the same as DMT.