• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dissolving oxycodone in white grape juice

DOPEM4N20

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.

This is my first post, so sorry if I'm doing this wrong. But a friend of mine has a quick question. He has recently came into possession of a few 30mg oxycodone IR. He knows that white grape juice can potenate opioids, he has done it before and seems to like it. He is just wondering if he could dissolve the pills right into the grape juice, and drink it. He thinks that this could possibly potenate the effects the the oxycodone further, but does not know for sure. Also it would be slightly more convenient for him to be able to drink the juice at the same time as dosing, instead of drinking the juice and waiting 45 minutes to take the oxy.

Has anyone ever done this or know if it would work? Is it even worth it to try or would he be wasting his pills?

Thank you for any help.

If he drinks it right away, then he can do this, however it wont work as well as drinking the gfj, before the oxycodone dose.

- Hopeless soul

^ Indeed, it makes sense.
However, I also think you could be wasting the pills. I tend to believe that it could work psychologically as you think you might have a different result. Maybe it does, who knows. I don't think that could make it so much more potent (technically speaking) but this is only my opinion. Everyone is different and so are everyone's reactions.

What I have heard about citric juices was mostly in regards to dissolving the pill in order to change its ROA.

Theres no need to disolve it in the juice just pop or sniff the pill then enjoy the juice if youd like, i highlh doubt it would substantially potenate the oxy

I would definitely advise drinking the gfj beforehand, but as mentioned above you might still get some potentiation out of it if you drink it at the same time. If you really want potentiation, i would advise trading the gfj for cimetidine (OTC in most places i believe)

I agree, the GFJ blocks the liver enzyme that metabolizes oxy, it's best to give it a head start (30-45 min) before dosing the oxy. Something else you might consider is Tagamet (600 mg). It does the same job but doesn't taste nasty like GFJ.

Tagamet = cimetidine, which is what i had mentioned in my post as well. Tagamet is the brand name