View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives I Have Known and Loved

vortech

Bluelighter
As far as I am aware there is not a resource for dissociatives like there is Shulgin's TIHKAL and PIHKAL books, and I notice a lot of people on the Internet constantly asking (often basic) questions about the novel dissociatives. Why not compile a book that covers all the essential information needed for dissociative research? I started on a 3-MeO-PCP document last year (and MXE is pretty well covered), and I want to similarly cover the other current analogues- the wildest stories, all angles of HR information, all the science behind each one. If I can school myself enough (or find knowledgeable contributors) we could get deep into dissociative neuropsychopharmacology, which brings me to the reason for this post- Anyone interested in this project as a collaborative work?

You might want to get in touch with a guy like Hamilton Morris perhaps, looking at his particular interest in dissociatives (he recently made an episode on his VICE show on PCP and published an article on RC dissos quite a while back).

Hamilton is hard to get a hold of, unsurprisingly. I have sent him messages through various online channels including email, twitter and FB with no reply.

to me, dissocios are what i thought of when it came to tripping balls.

you can literally create the visions in your head.

the serotonergic psyches are way more of 'let me take you on this ride and blow your mind with patterns and colours and insight'

but dissocios does all of that AND are sedating. the relaxing part is what seals the deal for me.

i've only done DXM, K and Nitrous and they've all blown my mind repeatedly

Motion to change title to "dissociatives I have known, presumably loved and subsequently forgotten"

Last edited:
Motion to change title to "dissociatives I have known, presumably loved and subsequently forgotten"
I will not be focusing on the most amnesiac ones, like diphenidine and MXP (never tried them but that's the overall consensus). DCK sucks in that regard too. I am excited by the more lucid variants like the 3meos, O-PCE etc. Even MXE was a few times more lucid than ketamine. I will be honest though, I am glad I write as much as I do in the moment because it can be pretty damn hard to encapsulate it after it slips back into the aether.

Are there any legal RC dissos known (excluding dxm)? Interested in trying one but don't really have the connects for K.

Yeah, there are plenty ! Like 3-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, O-PCE, Deschloroketamine, Diphenidine, Methoxphenidine, 4-HO-PCP ... You can check the big and dandies around here, some of them are pretty exciting

That's exactly like I would have formulated it. I've had earth-shattering and mindblowing K-holes, but mostly I simply don't remember anything about them after. There's not much to write about them. I remember some bits and parts, but dissociatives are so amnesic that it's much harder to write about the experiences than serotonergic psychedelics.

Don't get me wrong, I love dissos, especially K (and MXE for a couple of years), but I just don't remember much of what I've experienced on them. I haven't got many useful insights on them that I could utilize in my life afterwise. But, they are fun. Especially K. I don't think I've ever find a disso that could rival it. It's just so damn addictive psychologically. And with prolonged use, makes me egocentric and creates delusions of grandeur. MXE and 3-MeO-PCP were nice, but K is in a different league for me.

Edit: If the OP vortech needs help with a FAQ for ketamine, I can help contributing.

Last edited:
That's exactly like I would have formulated it. I've had earth-shattering and mindblowing K-holes, but mostly I simply don't remember anything about them after. There's not much to write about them. I remember some bits and parts, but dissociatives are so amnesic that it's much harder to write about the experiences than serotonergic psychedelics.

Don't get me wrong, I love dissos, especially K (and MXE for a couple of years), but I just don't remember much of what I've experienced on them. I haven't got many useful insights on them that I could utilize in my life afterwise. But, they are fun. Especially K. I don't think I've ever find a disso that could rival it. It's just so damn addictive psychologically. And with prolonged use, makes me egocentric and creates delusions of grandeur.

Edit: If you need help with a FAQ for ketamine, I can help contributing.

IMHO they are two kind of dissos, the mostly sedating (ketamine, -phenidines, 2-oxo-pcm, 2-oxo-pce, 2-fl-2-oxo-pcm, etc.) and the mostly stimulating ones (3-meo-pcp, 3-meo-pce).

The sedating ones are just for chilling or on higher doses to hole on them (usually beeing amnesic, but with a higher chance to deliver an spiritual experience with a near death experience) while the stimulating ones are for me better tools to gain insight and evolve as an human beeing in ways psychedelics can only dream about. There is no amnesia to talk about on those ones.

You'd be most welcome to help create a disso FAQ for PD :)

FAQ format would be a good way to cover it. Assembling the questions would take a bit of sleuthing through the BL archive as well as various subreddits (swarmed with newb questions on a daily basis), mostly a matter of compiling what has already been answered into one place.

Yeah, there are plenty ! Like 3-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, O-PCE, Deschloroketamine, Diphenidine, Methoxphenidine, 4-HO-PCP ... You can check the big and dandies around here, some of them are pretty exciting
In your opinion which of these has the most unique/strong effects?

3-MeO-PCP and O-PCE are the most valuable of the current crop IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I love dissos, especially K (and MXE for a couple of years), but I just don't remember much of what I've experienced on them. I haven't got many useful insights on them that I could utilize in my life afterwise. But, they are fun. Especially K. I don't think I've ever find a disso that could rival it. It's just so damn addictive psychologically. And with prolonged use, makes me egocentric and creates delusions of grandeur. MXE and 3-MeO-PCP were nice, but K is in a different league for me.

Edit: If the OP vortech needs help with a FAQ for ketamine, I can help contributing.

I prefer mxe over K....and 3meo also. Mxe holes are way less amnesiac. What mxe has that K lacks is that drawn out euphoric after glow where the city looks like the Jetsons in HD...K doesn't make everything look so visually badass and have that long afterglow where your are sober headed but manic and euphoric.

I prefer MXE over Ketamine, why? Because MXE starts off slowly and gradually takes you deeper and deeper, showing you around while doing so. It can take you as deep as any dissociative. It's longer acting so the experience feels more fulfilling, like after one dose you have enough for the night because you feel like you've been somewhere, seen something and came back. Ketamine is just good for its trippiness, its a rollercoaster ride, its more vivid as well compared to the rest.