• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Discussion of and Suggestions for the 'Beginners FAQ'

We've been over this somewhere in this thread I think :) namely: stickies other than the ones people regularly use tend to get overlooked and the number of them really needs to be limited. One option might be to stick it in a link somewhere at the top in a nice and subtle way.

What about placing it below blue blinking Psychedelic Drugs Index in additional to other links?

^That's a good idea. At the top of the forum with the other links. A lot of people are still clearly missing the FAQ thread, which means it's probably not getting seen.

I just want to say, people please be careful and educate educate educate yourself before taking psychedelics. I am long past my psychedelics days, however I have bluelight to thank for it being a relatively smooth ride. Without BL, I wouldn't have known what a proper dose was, how to take it safely etc.

I personally find tripping is easiest at concerts and events, where you have the ability to act goofy, listen and dance to music etc. However, it is very important to either have a hotel or tent nearby or a safe driver.

Who knows, maybe when I get a bit older I will want to take another trip.

That may be your personal preference and you are entitled to it :) but tripping in a home atmosphere is in my opinion better most of the time because it is a controlled environment. For a lot of people large events can probably produce much more paranoia and general malaise or overload.
On the other hand I have to say that there are people who don't handle themselves so well when they are alone, having no guide to go by to indicate how they should be feeling. For those people a social situation or even a large event may be much more directive in that way. Still I think those people would do good trying to trip alone or maybe with a tripsitter to learn how to be on their own, to be their own person - independent in identity. Control might be a sort of illusion but even so it doesn't mean that there is nothing you can do about feeling like a victim to your environment.

Phactor, thanks for advising people to educate themselves! It is indeed vital with a thing like this.

Every acid - LSD trip you have is different, it depends on the strength, what mood your in, your mind capasity, if you have taken any drugs before the trip. There are a whole factors of things.

I have acid quite a few time and The first time was awesome. Me and my best friend took a tab each and we stayed in her room for longer than 8 hours, crying because we were laughing so hard. It was possibly the funnest thing I have ever experienced.

One time I had taken a few pills and was smoking bong (Weed) then decided to to take two tabs, It was possible the worst experience of my life. I was at a hotel, and everyone in the room was on acid and no one knew what the FUCK WAS GOING ON. I MEAN I could not even look at my best friend in the eyes and thought that my other mate was trying to rap me (HAHAHA) I ran out of the hotel, I coul not use the lift because of the light, I thought the lights were fire so I went down the emergancy stair and got stuck in the sair wall by myself walking up and down one steep for over two hours. I thought there was a fire and I had actually caused the whole thing. I was crying and screaming until someone found me.

If you take acid resposibly it can be the most amazing drug, however make sure you have sleeping tablets when taking it. A trip can last from anywhere from 8 hours to 20 depending on the strength.

After a while, you can get over the feeling and just wish it would go away, however when you take the tab, you know your in it for a long run.

HAHahaha.. IF you take aid and your trying to relax, one good pointer is to listen to Lucy in the sky with Dimons - by the Beatles.

Anyone else had any bad trips??

If you are a trippa, then acid will be awesome for you!!! if you like smokin weed - bongs kick the acid right in.

Do you guys and girls have an idea about questions that should really be in the FAQ? Doesn't have to be extremely noobish. A common question that many people don't know the answer to that is very relevant to know, that would also be pretty effective!

@kingme: Illuminati boy's threads should be linked in the big pd Index :)

I don't think you were asking me, but man, that is some pretty extensive work. It actually answers more questions than I even thought of, such as the explanation of the + scales. After reading it, I can now use them properly. :)

The only thing that I can think of, purely for HR reasons, is to not recommend the use of any substance until one is at least the age of 18. I just don't see how any minor should start using if only because we know it doesn't look good to governments, conservatives, morality, and blah. But that's all I can think of, since really it answers plenty enough on its own.

- Does LSD change you ?

- Does LSD make you a better person ?

For the latter you could use this:

LSD does not turn shitty people into good people. Honestly, I think the degree to which psychedelic use permanently changes users' personalities or patterns of behavior in any sense is grossly overestimated by even most longtime users. It seems probable, or at least intuitively reasonable to me that LSD use tends to appeal to more thoughtful, introspective, intellectually curious and open-minded people, so a random LSD user might be more likely to be a "good" or peaceful person than, say, the average cocaine user, but that's correlation, not causation.

Many indigenous cultures have used, or are believed to have used, psychedelic drugs. Western druggies are most familiar with the trope of the peaceful, wise shaman from an idealized vision of Native American tribes. Fewer people think of Aztec human sacrifice rituals (it's unclear what drugs, if any, were commonplace among the Aztec spiritual caste, since so little is known about Aztec culture to begin with, but there is some evidence that they may have used mushrooms and/or ayahuasca-like brews), or the theory that the infamously brutal and violent Viking berserkers ate Amanita Muscaria mushrooms to enter a "divine trance" before battle, or the introduction of cannabis to the West during the Crusades in the form of Muslim assassins - the word assassin comes from 'hashishum' which literally means 'hashish user.' Some drugs produce effects that are inherently prone to encouraging violent or anti-social behavior and others do not (stimulants, for example, boost adrenaline levels and make it much easier for 'fight or flight' reflexes to be triggered even in relatively innocuous situations, while opiates tend to make users sedated and less responsive to external stimuli of any sort), but no drug yet discovered by humankind inevitably makes people 'better' or 'worse' - that sort of judgment is radically dependent on cultural context and on the individual psychology of a given drug user.

^While you quoted a good post, it probably belongs more in a subthread related to lsd's potential benefits, instead of the beginner's faq. It can be difficult to extract real world usefulness from strong psychedelics, and usually the user must be aiming for genuine self improvement from the start. It's not for beginners for sure. One will need to examine the effects lsd has on them before they can proceed with that.

Some people, including myself, aim to have fun by enjoying the altered states as they are.

I think the question 'can I trip in front of parents / other people without them knowing, or immediately after the trip?' could be addressed..

thanks for the support everyone, I'm afraid I am very busy dealing with personal matters at the moment but of course try to get back to this :)

I think the question 'can I trip in front of parents / other people without them knowing, or immediately after the trip?' could be addressed..

thanks for the support everyone, I'm afraid I am very busy dealing with personal matters at the moment but of course try to get back to this :)

Alright, I hope all is well for you! Yeah, I personally had some big changes happen during my break here, but all is well now.

The roller coaster goes down...then it goes back up. :)

About the question: it's definitely doable since it's all in the mind. I didn't think I could do it until I actually did it. After that, it's been easy unless I'm at a really strong +3 or +4. I wouldn't recommend it though, generally I guess. Some people seem to think it's too difficult? If someone really wanted to trip in peace and solitude, just spend <$100 and get a hotel room. If people can buy substances, then they can pay for that too imo. This is assuming everyone's a legal adult, of course. :)

While we're bumping dead threads, here's one that might be good to add:

"I'm <insert age here>, should I take acid/shrooms/whatever?"

I've seen a rash of similar threads with this heading (especially the 13-15 age range), including two or three in the past month or so. While there are always one or two detractors, general consensus is "Please wait until you're older."

Yeah a resource to point people to who are asking that question would be great. A post that's well-worded and addresses all the concerns. Those threads are a good opportunity to impart some knowledge on impressionable minds, but they also get pretty tedious to answer. Fortunately we have good people here who don't ridicule them, but it's true that it's a common recurring question.

I'll read through this thread sometime soon and maybe try to implement some ideas.

Those threads are always cyclical, nine times out of ten the teenager ends up saying, "Well I know best so I'm gonna do it anyways."

It gets really disheartening after so many years :\

Might help if a poll is implemented and posts can get counted as votes if they fit well enough. Also tedious, but that in combination with linking such threads in a list can give people something like the consensus of the community and save time (or exactly how the opinions are divided). They can still read the other threads of course. And maybe come up with personalized questions so that we don't have to keep repeating the same things.

I don't think it's fair to answer something so subjective as if it is a matter of fact, even with the best of intentions. IMO index the available info and let them come to their own conclusions, and yeah people are gonna do what they are gonna do. Making mistakes is also particularly part of being young. By that I mean the hubrous kind even moreso, we keep making mistakes when older ;) Yeah it's disheartening but there will also be people who do respond to a good argument. Can't get em all, part of life.. :\
What we can do though is make a mini FAQ in the FAQ about the age question, with rebuttal of typical ideas and fallacies which may result from among other things.. ignorance.

I guess that is what we could do... basically summarize those discussions.. and it should be plenty. I'd like to help out with this stuff :)

Removed dead dextroverse link.. thanks!