• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Discussion of and Suggestions for the 'Beginners FAQ'

Alright guys, you almost convinced me that vast majority of people experience peak right after come up.
I, however, seem to not totally fall in this majority. :)

Survived Abortion said:
Na man, not necessarily. There's a peak amidst the plateau i.e. the highest point of multiple peaks that ebb and flow, and the plateau itelf is a period of average stability in effects. The plateau is not a comedown stage even though it's average overall intensity may be slightly less intense than the highest peak within it. The peak would rarely, if ever occur at the end of the plateau, and is most likely to occur at the beginning after the comeup, or a little way in to the plateau.
Well, I was looking at mushroom chart and forgot about "waves". Second, I used the same logic as
readthenewsohboy said:
This seems really definitional. If by peak, we mean the highest point, then anything preceding it is come up.
Doesn't it make sense?

EDIT:
How about more newbie questions: "What should I take?"(this one is asked really often despite the warning) and "How much should I take?"

What should I take is already in there, formulated a bit different.

How much to take is something I will answer combined with how many hits of acid - I will try to give a generally sound advice without saying something like: 'two. it should be two.' lol :)
And then it's just redirecting to the appropriate thread.

Some of these FAQ type questions just aren't meant to be answered quickly with a one-liner. People should do proper research to come to a tailor made answer for what is right for them personally. That there is no clear cut answer is in this FAQ an answer in itself to a few questions.

As it now states, the peak would be expected somewhere near the beginning of the plateau if there even is a plateau but rarely in another phase - so I think only mentioning the probability instead of concrete fact is what it should say... it does not deny how it may be for you allium.
I'm just wondering if peak and plateau are not a little mutually exclusive, by that I mean they designate orthogonal dimensions: peak is maybe a function of intensity or the y-axis in these graphs while plateau is a trajectory across the x-axis over time. At the same time they feel like both xy functions but still, this may be the cause for confusion.

Last edited:
What do you think about this estimation of dosage distribution on LSD blotters?

Do you think estimation data is worthless or that this might give a picture of what you can expect, from the best we can tell?

There was some logic behind this like I think there is something of a 'normal distrubution' with Bell curve with the top at somewhere around 60-80, a little lower than the 100 it should be but still not very bad. My feeling is that this is not too optimistic and not too pessimistic. I just wanted to give people at least something, but adding a disclaimer that we really don't know.

I should be able to get actual testing data within my own country but I have had the feeling for a longer time that the quality standards here are a little higher than average across the globe. Still, let me try and get them for some verification.

Vertical is prevalence in % of the time
Horizontal is the dose in micrograms

Nothing is put at zero because this only includes blotters that include any LSD. Alternatively I could make another one that includes zero which may or may not contain other compounds... but for that I want to know more about the data points.

e13nyx.png

Last edited:
^tbh, I don't think that first-time trippers are going to care much about the dose in absolute terms, they're just going to want to know what the effects are likely to be. Given that they won't know what to expect from a given dose in micrograms, I think that this chart should be presented next to a table that gives typical effects at 25, 50, 100, 200 mics. As for the graph itself, I think it's good.

That's a good point! It should take care of the question in an elegant fashion, because it is hard to answer normally without showing the uncertainty and range of doses that can be on a hit.
Excellent!

I changed the graph to display the lower range in more detail. Typical effect descriptions will be added later.

Thanks a lot for the contribution so far <3

^That's OK, I think it's a great idea and I'd like to do whatever I can to help.

Roger&Me said:
LOLz technically the only part of the trip that isn't come up or come down is the maxima of the graph where dy/dx = 0.
Solipsis said:
Often enough that is the same point at which 1 = 0
:D LOL!

Well, what's wrong with my statement?:) I don't get why almost everyone in this thread quotes it.

Also, Solipsis, you're doing really great work!

Just a couple of minor suggestions- in the first question, "I became interested" sounds a little awkward, I think "have become interested" might be better. Also, I think that "How strong is my blotter?" or something would be better than "How many micrograms...".

I also think you might want to deal with "Will I go crazy?". Explain that you don't get "stuck in a trip", but that psychedelics can exacerbate latent problems/fuck with your mind if you abuse them.

Last edited:
Great job!

What about bad trips? what does one mean? and how do you prevent/ treat them?

Perhaps an explanation of why it's often inadvisable to combine substances you don't have any experience with?

http://www.maps.org/resources/responding_to_difficult_psychedelic_experiences/ There is a wonderful video on responding to a psychedelic crisis (you can expand the heading, Psychedelic Crisis Video). I recommend everyone who consumes psychedelic drugs to watch the educational video. The information is presented in a very comprehensible manner, and paints a picture on the importance of harm reduction. I know a lot of us have seen difficult experiences first hand and the potential issues that can result from these difficult experience not being being handled correctly. Be it from the tripping individual who looses control of him/herself with no ability to change environment, or use logical decision making as a result of anxiety, fear, paranoia, etc. Or be it from being around the "wrong" company. Some people are dicks, or they just really can't comprehend what the individual is experiencing, resulting in a continuation of negative stimuli upon the individual. It is important that us users of potent psychotropic substances that have the potential to bring out latent psychiatric disorders, create a temporary psychosis, and result in accidental physical injuries, do everything in our means to minimize these risks, and promote a healthy/potential beneficial experience. Whether or not the tripper in question is you or someone you meet at a festival, this video and additional information on the maps website can prevent a negative experience, and possibly turn the experience into an unforgettable influential one. The psychedelic community isn't a very big one, and doesn't get the respect it deserves, so I push the importance of minimizing the risks and the spreading of knowledge like this. Lets look out for each other and prevent the accumulation of propaganda due to a few bad hats and their irresponsible behavior.

edit: dang it, yerg beat me too it

Last edited:
Solipsis, what do you think about copying(moving?) this FAQ to "Drug FAQs" forum?

^I don't think it would get read if it was moved there, though it might be an idea to link to it/duplicate it in that forum.

Good idea, let me copy it there :)

Oh I probably should have done it when it is really finished, though who knows, there might be additions to it from time to time. It should be fine if it's fixed later.