• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Discovered new results with bleach test!

Dimebagdonny

Bluelighter
So when I bleach tested this shitty meth to see how it reacted and if it were to leave oil spots. Didn't think it would leave much or any at all. But I was surprised how much oil spots there were compared to how much I put in. There's no way that much of this is actual dope. So I started to investigate the bleach solution with a flashlight and I noticed there were 2 types of oily marks that looked very similar but not quite the same. One looked like a normal oil spot, kinda thickish and clear and the other oil spots looked wrather thin and kinda blurry. To little difference to tell in a picture( at least with my phone) but you could definitely tell if you look closely. If anyone has had this experience or any ideas, feel free to share.
I'm thinking that the blurry one could be ISO. I also was thinking of an idea that you suck up the oil spots with a syringe and maybe possibly finding a way to clean it from the bleach or maybe when after it dries up? I really don't think you could do that, at least safely. I don't know chemistry that well but maybe someone with that kind of knowledge could think of something.
Thank you all for your time. Much appreciated

bleach testing is not a reliable way to determine meth purity, but oil formation is what i would expect, meth free base is an oil and will be formed by the action of alkali on the meth hcl.

bleach testing is not a reliable way to determine meth purity, but oil formation is what i would expect, meth free base is an oil and will be formed by the action of alkali on the meth hcl.

If I'm not mistaken this "reaction" produces an N-chlorinated methamphetamine, more specifically N-(Chloromethyl)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine. I'm not totally sure what portion of meth hydrochloride dropped into commercially available bleach becomes the aforementioned compound in it's unprotonated form which would be interesting to know. There is a book written on this very topic though, and I don't have the answer to that question due to not having access to, or wanting to shell out $$ for the full text.

Nakayama, Matthew Tadao. Chemical Interaction of Bleach and Methamphetamine: A Study of Degradation and Transformation Effects. University of California, Davis, 2011.

If I'm not mistaken this "reaction" produces an N-chlorinated methamphetamine, more specifically N-(Chloromethyl)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine. I'm not totally sure what portion of meth hydrochloride dropped into commercially available bleach becomes the aforementioned compound in it's unprotonated form which would be interesting to know. There is a book written on this very topic though, and I don't have the answer to that question due to not having access to, or wanting to shell out $$ for the full text.

Nakayama, Matthew Tadao. Chemical Interaction of Bleach and Methamphetamine: A Study of Degradation and Transformation Effects. University of California, Davis, 2011.
I dont understand quite what your saying but am curious to get any idea what you mean.

I do know that if you let the bleach with the little bit of meth just sit there it all turns to these crazy ass crystals