• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DiPT / 44 mg) - First Time - "Silently" Extra Ordinary?

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
This afternoon I experimented with DiPT for the first time. Initially parts of this report are written in real-time (immediately), at the end there are some entries written after the facts.

~ 12:00 Preparations

My heavy muscle aches from training for and participating in an MMA style competition seems to have finally been quelled with some ibuprofen yesterday, since I was suspecting inflammation.
I finish the last of a protein-carb-creatine shake while I allow a frozen part of my stash to acclimatize in a little pool of handluke water. When it feels alright later I open it up but it is still cool inside. I am going to put in new desiccant to prevent my chemicals from being ruined by my impatient curiosity and concern that my ability to sleep might be impaired.

12:38 = T+0:00

17 mg DiPT HCl in water, vague tryptamine-y smell which is reassuring (I have no reason to doubt the identity of the sample, but cannot remember whom I got it from - I think it was a chemistry buddy I haven't seen for years). Very little taste. The powder is white to off-white. It is a number of years old but has been stored dry at freezing temperatures for most of the time.

12:48 = T+0:10

I also take vitamins and phosphatidyl serine.
Possibly sneaky alerts just now. At the very least a "yuck, what has entered my body?" chill - which is absolutely standard for me - and maybe a light touch of pressure around the head. I don't want to ruin anything by eating at the moment. I will catch up with that later. For now I want to get a feel for the substance before deciding to go to a total of 50 mg at around 2 pm (or T+1:20).

13:04 = T+0:26

Starting to feel somewhat excited and euphoric. I could briefly see a halo glowing around the vicinity of furniture in the room.

13:18 = T+0:40

Very virile, positive and buzzy. Also clearly a tryptamine, I am reminded of AMT which is the tryptamine I had last / recently, but this is much cleaner.
I just decided to (premature / ahead of schedule) take the rest of the dose, sold on the benign feeling of the compound.

13:29 = T+0:51

27 mg more DiPT down the hatch. When I opened up the seal a moment ago (and was greeted by a lovely floral smell reminescent of DMT) and weighed, I found out I was dealt short on my sample and I have now taken all I have. (You bastard, whoever you are ;) )
Taste seemed more foul this time, but I had put aside a sour skittle to prevent dwelling too much on it.
I'm ready for the full range of effects, let's do this!

13:42 = T+1:04

A little pressure sensed around the ears, other than that not much development.

14:45 = T+2:07

Music and sound are more interesting but don't really seem to be affected. Some sound does sound a little metallic and hollow. While in the shower I got the feeling as if every sound was playing together in a found sound symphony. Everything seemed like music to me. Somehow this effect was only transient, probably because the splashing water sounds produced such a cacophony.

16:45 = T+4:07

Disappointing.
Yes it feels smooth, sensorically and tactally sensitive and even erotic... but almost no effect on sound.
I've played the piano for a lot of the time. Maybe time to mix it up a bit. Going for a walk.

17:23 = T+4:45

Back from the walk. There is mostly audio enhancement for me rather than distortion. Birdsong was exquisite. The noise from the nearby highway felt violent and when I slowly came nearer I was briefly concerned that it would violate me. I can see how a person could become painfully sensitive to sound and music when combining this with MDMA and how this compound on its own could enrich experiences when taken higher. It does something to the filters of the mind, but on a much more basic level of reality perception than other more typical overt psychedelics.
At some point during the walk when I was deeply immersed in thought (which is normal for me), I suddenly realized I stood face to face with a heron, which really impressed me. It then proceeded to circumnavigate me with a graceful stride. There were moments like these during the walk that reminded me that in fact I was tripping in a world of my own, but a very particular kind. I felt mildly absorbed or engulfed by everything around me (which is a schizo related phenomenon if it happens sober), and this alienated me from my self. On MiPT this alien weird feeling is 10 times worse but with few interesting effects to compensate for that. At least during my only MiPT experience which I probably do not wish to repeat.
I imagine IM-ing DiPT would be quite something.
There was also a playful giddy characterisation to the experience outside, which reminds me both of the DMT elves and mushroom entities as well as the extraterrestrial and retarded crazy frog being which I hallucinated and identified with during a 5-MeO-DiPT + ketamine trip I once had. It is very strange, I cannot quite attribute what those would be agents of. Trying to figure it out only made be fantasize about leprechaun secret agents, interpreting the word agent differently.

Seriously, WTF is this stuff. You can't come up with this (i.e. the nature of DiPT and the potential it promises) unless you are a very mentally ill creative genius.

I feel like getting distracted for a while, just recreate. When I got simultaneously impressed and disappointed while out for a stroll I had to suppress the plan to take a low dose of 3-MeO-PCP to spice it up. It would be exactly what I told myself I wouldn't do. And I will not. But I want to emphasize that it does attest to the friendly nature of DiPT. However I would hate to dissociate or divorce myself from my musicality as a part of how I experience and process sound and music. I do intend to proceed with DiPT, carefully, but it really doesn't seem like something to force.
Besides it is an unwritten rule of tripping not to combine drugs the first time you experiment with them.

I am having the tiniest headache and during the walk I was aware of a pressure inside the top of my head, but I don't think such a sensation is unique to only this tryptamine.

This is it for now, unless there are post-trip contemplations worth appending.

Last edited:
You met your animal spirit? If I were any good I'd know what to ask you to analyze that further. Whether one 'believes' in that or not, it is fun do do. I can't tell from the report, but did you notice any MDMA-like action with this drug? I feel some empatheogenic aspects to it, indeed the first time with it, I was reminded of MDMA more than anything..that was before the peak.

Well I think you should have done the 80mg but it still sounds like the dose you took gave you a lot of food for thought. Be careful with that 3-MeO-PCP..that stuff is the devil if you ask me.

Definitely felt like MDMA during the comeup, right around where I mentioned that euphoria! Excellent stuff, not very intense but I would love me some more of those effects.

I understand what you're saying and apparently I do need a considerably higher dosage but that still doesn't prove that starting out with such a dose is a good idea. Like I said in the DiPT thread, that 74 mg report shows the sort of thing that might happen. Ends up being harmless but I would still rather take it seriously.

Right now I don't know whether the kinda underwhelming result is due to degradation, impurity, tolerance from staggering the doses, personal insensitivity or something else. And yeah I'm careful with 3-MeO, it certainly does seem like it can easily get dangerous with that stuff.

Last edited:
Like I said in the DiPT thread, that 74 mg report shows the sort of thing that might happen. Ends up being harmless but I would still rather take it seriously.

Well never mind me, I am a danger to myself and my advice is potentially dangerous as well.

I bet tolerance did play into it since you were experiencing effects from the initial 17mg when you took the remaining 27mg. And the dosage does seem to be pretty varied as well. I am surprised you didn't experience greater effects but I have the feeling the tolerance played into it significantly.

Yeah it's pretty confusing to me as well, even with the tolerance it seems I couldn't be that sensitive to it and/or it cannot be that pure or potent material. Anyway I am on a mission to restock :D - mostly a funding issue...