• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinemethanol (D2PM)....thoughts? experiences?

Did you like D2PM?

• Yes, I tried it and it has it's uses

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, it's shitty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not tried D2PM

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

simstim

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience with D2PM?? I am thinking about getting some for use as a functional stimulant.

The S(-) isomer is ridiculously cheap. This is the less potent isomer. Is it even worth attempting this?

So how about it, has anyone tried it? Can it be vaped? Is it any good recreationally?
Cheers!

No experience with D2PM, but I have plenty of experience with the related compound morphodrol.

D2PM

Morphodrol

Morphodrol can be vaped. In fact it vapes quite well, and cleanly. Given its fast acting blockade of the dopamine transporter it is quite more-ish when vaped, despite producing very little in terms of euphoria. Perhaps one of the more extreme examples of a compound being highly compulsive yet not particularly enjoyable. The first hit produces a sort of teasing effect, implying that perhaps there is a high to be had, which then results in a hard to control chase to produce an effect that never materializes.

I believe @Xorkoth experienced this as well.

So yeah, if D2PM is anything like morphodrol (and I bet that it is), I would avoid.

No experience with D2PM, but I have plenty of experience with the related compound morphodrol.

D2PM

Morphodrol

Morphodrol can be vaped. In fact it vapes quite well, and cleanly. Given its fast acting blockade of the dopamine transporter it is quite more-ish when vaped, despite producing very little in terms of euphoria. Perhaps one of the more extreme examples of a compound being highly compulsive yet not particularly enjoyable. The first hit produces a teasing effect that perhaps there is a high there, which then results in a hard to control chase to produce an effect that never materializes.

I believe @Xorkoth experienced this as well.

So yeah, if D2PM is anything like morphodrol (and I bet that it is), I would avoid.
Would you say it should be avoided even if it's only a few dollars a gram?

I bet this would be better.

1-phenyl-1-methoxy-1-(2-pyrrolidinyl)methane.png

1-phenyl-1-methoxy-1-(2-pyrrolidinyl)methane

The diphenyl as well.

Just make sure you protect the N with an acetyl R-NH-(C=O)CH3 before Williamson ether synthesis O-methylation and N deprotection by reflux in acid after. I think. I only got a degree to B.S. level chemistry

The diphenyl moiety makes the compounds achiral and drastically increases the LogP. The -OH is a sacrificial moiety. It gives the body a simple way of removing the compound.

I believe it was tested as an ADHD med but methylphenidate was better tolerated.

The morpholine homologue IS better. With another modification it can have significant SERT activity making it a pretty fair entactogen.

The diphenyl moiety makes the compounds achiral and drastically increases the LogP. The -OH is a sacrificial moiety. It gives the body a simple way of removing the compound.

So you make it without the hydroxy and you get another desoxypipradrol type day+ half-life shitkicker? Count me in

No - I think you want to keep the -OH OR have a sacrificial moiety that will keep down the duration. Their is a specific sacrificial moiety that also increases SERT activity... I like making 1 moiety do 2 jobs.