• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhydramine, Valium and tramadol safe together in small amounts?

PhoonBro

Greenlighter
So I have these three things. All prescribed except the diphenhydramine which I ordered from overseas as it?s not sold locally in the same fashion. My Valium is nightly, 5mg but I take extra during the day to combat severe anxiety. The diphenhydramine I occasionally use (2-4 times a week) when I really can?t sleep and have maybe used it recreationally twice. Tramadol is for my chronic wrist pain.

My question is, will these three medications, long term, have any serious side effects? I never go above 20mg Valium, 300mg tramadol (although prescribed only 200) and diphenhydramine never goes above 200mg. I?ve researched the contraindications but I wanted to know if anyone has had any personal experience with taking these drugs together even as a once off. As of yet (two weeks of this) I have had no side effects except for a couple of days ago when I was vomiting after a dose of tramadol (100mg SR crushed and bombed with rizla paper) on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I also take Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) 50mg each morning for EUPD, depression and severe anxiety. (With talk of upping to 100mg as EUPD is my main issue)

Any help/advice/recommendations are much appreciated. My doctor knows I take all these medicines and what he talked about flew right over my head and I couldn?t understand it. (Australian doctors are all about get in, get prescriptions, get out, next patient comes in. All rushed and fast, I pay $90 a visit which can only last 10 mins, any longer and it becomes $140)

the combo won?t kill you in small amounts. too much tramadol will make you sick and i?ve heard can cause seizures. it would make me feel horrible and throw up at +300mg. mixing downers can cause dangerous cns depression, but is fine in small doses.

if you take valium everyday you will become physically dependent and likely will become psychologically addicted. tramadol is some weird opiate, so maybe there?s a similar risk.

200 mg of diphenhydramine is pretty high you dont get side effects from that?

As you increase dph it goes from more of a sedating antihistamine to a muscarinic acetylcholinergic antagonist which can cause effects like rapid heart, flush dry skin, confusion, memory and focus issues, hallucinations, and even anxiety.

This is not anticholinergic doses are bad for example if you have parkinsons, tremor, or antipsychotic side effects. But for sleep you might find like 50 mg to 100 mg similarly effective for sleep with less side effects.