• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dimenhydranite (Dramamine)

Most people really do not enjoy the experience. If you're the type who likes to flout empirical evidence in favor of "maybe", I'd say go for it, but don't be upset when it fucking sucks. I've done a lot of drugs, done a lot of desperate shit like drinkiing Listerine for instance, yet I always knew that taking antihistamines was not worth the attention of even the most wretched of junkies (myself).

I'll leave this open for a minute should you want some HR advice on the subject, but I'm genuinely hoping that you just don't do it.

Most people really do not enjoy the experience. If you're the type who likes to flout empirical evidence in favor of "maybe", I'd say go for it, but don't be upset when it fucking sucks. I've done a lot of drugs, done a lot of desperate shit like drinkiing Listerine for instance, yet I always knew that taking antihistamines was not worth the attention of even the most wretched of junkies (myself).

I'll leave this open for a minute should you want some HR advice on the subject, but I'm genuinely hoping that you just don't do it.
I’ve heard stories about it, watched trip reports, and the most profound takeaway is that it’s scary as shit, but being the fuckhead I want, I’m yearning to feel that fear, I also just wanna talk to my fucking walls for a few hours.

We don't call it "fear" if we want to experience it. I think that is the point you should consider. You have already convinced yourself that your experience is gonna be different. All I can say is drink plenty of water, as I know the experience to be pretty dehydrating typically. Just remember, when you're 2.5 hours into feeling like your body in on fire, your heart is pounding out of your chest... Uncle Keif warned ya'

I am an uncle now, in real life, Pretty sweet!

We don't call it "fear" if we want to experience it. I think that is the point you should consider. You have already convinced yourself that your experience is gonna be different. All I can say is drink plenty of water, as I know the experience to be pretty dehydrating typically. Just remember, when you're 2.5 hours into feeling like your body in on fire, your heart is pounding out of your chest... Uncle Keif warned ya'

I am an uncle now, in real life, Pretty sweet!
Congrats on being an actual uncle! Thanks for the advice.

I'm gonna assume you mean Diphenhydramine ( active ingredient in Benadryl ). Gonna change the title just so people don't get confused and think you mean a different chemical.

I’ve heard stories about it, watched trip reports, and the most profound takeaway is that it’s scary as shit, but being the fuckhead I want, I’m yearning to feel that fear, I also just wanna talk to my fucking walls for a few hours.
It's an incredibly uncomfortable and disturbing experience. Reading the trip reports and experiencing it yourself are 2 very different things. I tried 2 high doses when I was a teenager out of desperation when I had no other drugs. I'm not going to tell you not to do it because I know that probably won't stop you, but I guarantee you that it will not be a fun experience and you will regret doing it. It's not a fun drug at all. It's acutely dysphoric, incredibly confusing, physically very uncomfortable and will give you some nightmarish thoughts you won't ever forget.

The deliriant horror trip stories you find on the internet are indeed very... entertaining. I also enjoy reading them from time to time with a vicarious enjoyment.

It's not something I would ever willingly do again even if you paid me. It's nothing like a casual psychedelic experience. There are no "LSD like hallucinations" which people seem to like to say, absolutely not.

Overdosing on anticholinergic drugs (which is exactly what this experience is) can be dangerous. People have died and gone to the hospital tripping on diphenhydramine. Please keep the dose reasonable, if you do it. You don't need a massive dose to hallucinate on it.

With all that out of the way... I've had entire conversations with my mother who was a thousand miles away on DPH. I remember I kept hallucinating that I had placed a bowl of ice cream on the floor, but when I looked down it wasn't there. This was repetitive, I kept looking down several times with utter surety that it was there and the INTENSE confusion resulting after not seeing it was mildly traumatic. I've had bugs which absolutely were real (not) swarm around me for hours, a continuous hallucination. I've seen my friend perched up on the wall like spiderman, evil grin on his face and knife in hand, and was convinced he was going to kill me.

There is a major difference between a perceptual hallucination and a delusional hallucination. Delusions are not fun, when you literally cannot distinguish between hallucination and reality is very disturbing.

Stay safe.

Here's a fun video on the reality of overdosing on anticholinergic drugs (it can kill):

The experience isn't described that well here in the beginning, "she felt very relaxed", no... there is nothing relaxing about the experience.

Last edited:
It's an incredibly uncomfortable and disturbing experience. Reading the trip reports and experiencing it yourself are 2 very different things. I tried 2 high doses when I was a teenager out of desperation when I had no other drugs. I'm not going to tell you not to do it because I know that probably won't stop you, but I guarantee you that it will not be a fun experience and you will regret doing it. It's not a fun drug at all. It's acutely dysphoric, incredibly confusing, physically very uncomfortable and will give you some nightmarish thoughts you won't ever forget.

The deliriant horror trip stories you find on the internet are indeed very... entertaining. I also enjoy reading them from time to time with a vicarious enjoyment.

It's not something I would ever willingly do again even if you paid me. It's nothing like a casual psychedelic experience. There are no "LSD like hallucinations" which people seem to like to say, absolutely not.

Overdosing on anticholinergic drugs (which is exactly what this experience is) can be dangerous. People have died and gone to the hospital tripping on diphenhydramine. Please keep the dose reasonable, if you do it. You don't need a massive dose to hallucinate on it.

With all that out of the way... I've had entire conversations with my mother who was a thousand miles away on DPH. I remember I kept hallucinating that I had placed a bowl of ice cream on the floor, but when I looked down it wasn't there. This was repetitive, I kept looking down several times with utter surety that it was there and the INTENSE confusion resulting after not seeing it was mildly traumatic. I've had bugs which absolutely were real (not) swarm around me for hours, a continuous hallucination. I've seen my friend perched up on the wall like spiderman, evil grin on his face and knife in hand, and was convinced he was going to kill me.

There is a major difference between a perceptual hallucination and a delusional hallucination. Delusions are not fun, when you literally cannot distinguish between hallucination and reality is very disturbing.

Stay safe.

Here's a fun video on the reality of overdosing on anticholinergic drugs (it can kill):

The experience isn't described that well here in the beginning, "she felt very relaxed", no... there is nothing relaxing about the experience.

Damn snaf,
That sounded like burundanga aka escopolamine more than dramamine. Well yeah they both anticholinergics..... I actually did the same stupid thing, tried a high dose but not that high either to experience that.

When I was young and stupid I did 500mg diphenhydramine. Zero hallucinogenic effects, just a weid ugly body feeling and the desire for it to go away. Thankfully it was easy to fall asleep even when the normal dosage (50mg) does nothing for me. My experience was comparatively mild but from all the reports I read - I like reading weird drug stories - I wouldn't touch this anymore even for money. People end up arrested or in psych ward regularly, some literally lose their mind after high or combined dosages. Guess it depends on your genetics if you get the full scopolamine like effects..

When I was young and stupid I did 500mg diphenhydramine. Zero hallucinogenic effects, just a weid ugly body feeling and the desire for it to go away.
That is weird indeed. 460mg had me in an intensely delusional state for 8 hours.

Love that guys channel, but how fucking foolish do you have to be to just be like “I’m gonna chug a bunch of medicine without doing even a tiny bit of research on it” I bet she didn’t even know what the active ingredient was in the benydryl

Stay safe.

Love that guys channel, but how fucking foolish do you have to be to just be like “I’m gonna chug a bunch of medicine without doing even a tiny bit of research on it” I bet she didn’t even know what the active ingredient was in the benydryl
Teenagers also put their phones in microwaves because a video told them to... yeah lol

i remember in middle school coricidin was the big thing everyone was doing, even then I didn’t try it, but I had access to shrooms n weed so I didn’t need to overdose cough medicine
Same, we called them reds. But even that stuff is infinitely better than DPH.

They stopped selling that stuff in stores because all the kids were stealing them.