• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I'm UK based but have access to this in pill form (small yellow pills) via someone I know online, she is based in a part of Canada & gets them via their health care system.

I've used heroin now for just off 20 years so I'm NOT new to this family of drugs but I am a bit worried over these as they have gone down in history for their potency & the only few times I got heroin cut with Fent it was horrific, I'm a bit worriedthe high off these may be close to a Fent type feeling (I personaly HATE fent & see zero value to it, I've posted before about my first I.V. Fent experience)

Any views / tips etc on this stuff would be great, thanks folks & keep safe.

@Captain.Heroin

This woman lives right next to a place known as "piss Alley" & the photos I've seen blew me away, I never knew Canada was that rough & had such high use of Fent & really potent opiates. You come across these small yellow Dilaudid pills before?
Check your PM's in about 30 mins, I'm gonna send you a few photos over & see what you think.

^^While I’ll have to disagree with that, it is definitely much closer to your classic euphoric opiate feeling than fent.

Fent is indeed hot garbage. Hydromorphone hits really hard but has zero legs and you’ll be wanting more before long. The rush is different from heroin in how intense and incapacitating.

It’s also really only good IV. It’s BA sucks via other ROA’s.

-GC

I don't mean to digress to greatly from the objective of the thread, but I want to kind of echo what others have said. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) was even used for that pilot program in Vancouver. I always understood Hydromorphone to be a strong hit, but not long-lasting. According to this study, the majority of the patients in the study could not differentiate between Hydromorphone and Diacetylmorphine.

If you are new to Hydromorphone completely, we can take a quick jaunt down memory lane. Analogous to Morphine and Diacetylmorphine, first-pass metabolism will greatly reduce the bioavailability of the drug.

Oral BA = ~30%
Nasal BA = ~60%

If we are really trying to be safe, I would pick my route of administration and do a trial run of maybe 4mg PO. This should give you a ballpark of where your appropriate dose would be. Can I ask how you intend to use the Hydromorphone?

Looking at that study too they simply are looking to see if it is “non inferior” or a drug that can be used in place of heroin, in a non inferiority trial its simply looking to see that the drug can reasonably replace the other they are looking at.

Adequate substitution is different from identical effects. While yes hydromorphone can indeed replace heroin if need be, its not identical. The potency is different, the rush is different, the duration is different, and even the overall euphoria is not as whole or complete IMO.

If I was in a trial where I was getting my addiction needs met via hydromorphone instead of running around on the street day after day, your gonna bet I’ll likely rate it as nearly identical simply out of the fact that is my steadier supply and I’m set.

Sorry to further away from the OP, but I can tell you from personal experience they’re two very different drugs. Both would satisfy me if I was fiending, both have a good rush, but they still differ..

-GC

Ive never had hydromorphone, ZB, but it's in my to do list where fentanyl is not (well I may try it once with an experienced user).
Hydro is meant to be superior to H in its rush intensity but way shorter acting.
I get the impression it's like the crack of the opiate world.

I'm assuming you're going to be IV'ing these ZB. Be careful and use dose comparison calculators, and filter well.

Looking at that study too they simply are looking to see if it is “non inferior” or a drug that can be used in place of heroin, in a non inferiority trial its simply looking to see that the drug can reasonably replace the other they are looking at.

Adequate substitution is different from identical effects. While yes hydromorphone can indeed replace heroin if need be, its not identical. The potency is different, the rush is different, the duration is different, and even the overall euphoria is not as whole or complete IMO.

If I was in a trial where I was getting my addiction needs met via hydromorphone instead of running around on the street day after day, your gonna bet I’ll likely rate it as nearly identical simply out of the fact that is my steadier supply and I’m set.
You missed the section where they asked the study subjects -- long-term IV users of street opioids -- whether they thought they were being given heroin or hydromorphone:
In the hydromorphone group, 48 of 99 (48.5% ) participants thought that they were receiving diacetylmorphine or were unsure. In the diacetylmorphine group, 63 of 98 (64.3% ) participants thought that they were receiving hydromorphone or were unsure. The blinding index was 0.56 (P = 0.96; bootstrap 95% CI, 0.50-0.63), indicating successful masking, with a response pattern close to that expected by random guessing.
In addition, the participants had the choice of up to 3 injections per day. The hydromorphone group chose to have an average of 2.5 injections per day while the heroin group had 2.6 injections per day, which argues against a significant difference in the duration of action.

There were some statistically-significant differences, however. Heroin lead to more treatment-related adverse affects, including more instances of drowsiness; it also lead to more treatment-related serious adverse effects and more serious adverse effects overall, including more overdoses. Hydromorphone appears to be the safer drug.

Now, I won't preclude the possibility that you can tell the difference between heroin and hydromorphone, although that may have to do with formulation and adulteration factors (i.e. pharmaceutical hydromorphone pills versus street heroin with God-knows what else is in it) that are not present in this study. But I think the evidence from this study makes it clear that, when comparing the pure compounds in a blinded setting, most users cannot tell the difference.

I have tried codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, Tapentadol, oxycodone, morphine, fentanyl and hydromorphone and the pure hydromorphone powder put in bong with little bit of weed/tobacco was definitely best high of all of these i mentioned. Somehow short-lived effects but very intense, much better than fent, it felt like much more intensive morphine. But i am quite strange, i love D.H.C. more than Oxy and tram more than codeine. Be careful, hydromorphone is quite strong beast. But the ultimate rush from smoking h.m. base powder was incredible. Withdrawal was like 14 days of dying in my bed not able to even move.

While 50-60% of the participants couldn’t tell, that leaves almost the other half that could. That category also involves people who simply weren’t sure, I know personally when I’m in doubt I’d rather just say I’m unsure than look like an idiot. There’s enough similarities to sow doubt.

I stand by my statement that this drug can substitute but isn’t identical, and if you look at other threads including another nearly identical one the OP made (along with others) you’ll seemost would agree.

I will also agree typical street heroin varies quite a bit from pure diacetylmorphine, and I can’t speak on the behalf of others but I have used nearly pure (98+%) diacetyl and it’s just different.

Hydromorphone, dihydromorphine, and DHC all have a similar something to them that makes their effects stand out from the others.

Idk this is just one of those moments where I have a feeling we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I think there’s too many other factors at play that muddy this particular research.

-GC

Half of both sides couldn't tell tho, so mathematically that's...like...err... I'm not sure, not as significant??

Idk to me it feels like a more clinical and clean heroin. Kinda like they isolated the warm euphoria and made a pill out of it. Doesn't last nearly as long and is highly sedating. I'd take real heroin anyday, but it's by no means a bad drug. It's like Heroin Lite.

From my experience people vary widely in there reactions to IV opioids. I fall in the category that finds hydromorphone to be a great rush with little to no legs. For reference I find H to have a good rush with decent legs, Dilaudid I find has a more intense rush with less legs. The rush I find is comparable to oxymorphone.
They both are in the top of list in terms of opioid rushes but are both low on my list for after effects. Hydromorphone lacking legs where as oxymorphone always felt like a "dirty" high to me. After the absolutely phenomonal rush; that is. ;)

If you have the proper equipment & are familiar with IV admin & use (I believe you are both?) & can do so safely it might be worth the try. As I stated anecdotally everyone differs greatly in there response to IV opioids but from my experiences & of those I know if you meet the criteria of the previous sentence IMHO it's worth a shot; so to speak. 😁

Kewl enjoy. I know you know what you're doing with it and being in the UK and an opiate user, you're not gonna get many lwgit chances in a lifetime AFAIK

The Dilaudid I tried years ago was the same, tiny yellow pills that produced a medium lived euphoric effect, I only tried them orally though. So I.V. is probably a whole different ball game. Reside in Kanada myself, so just thought I'd chime in since a lot of opioids here are now just fent/fentalogues. Be careful with them because 'piss alley' if your referring to VanCity is also 'fent alley' and most oxy, heroin, etc. isn't legit. The tiny yellow pills though are what pharmacy stock Dilaudid looks like, and it's not that popular of an opioid compared to oxycodone/heroin/morphine.

While 50-60% of the participants couldn’t tell, that leaves almost the other half that could.

If you had 50% of people who guessed correctly then you would expect 75% correct answers, because people who are guessing blindly on a 2-option question will get 50% baseline. So 50% of the population will guess = 25% right, 25% wrong, and 50% of them will get it right = 50% right. So 75% right, 25% wrong.

50% is what you would expect to see in a perfectly blind setup, where everyone is guessing at best. Having an answer of 0% right answers would mean that everyone given the drug, said for certain it was the opposite drug... which is the same as being right 100% of the time when you think about it :p