• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dilaudid/hydromorphone first time

esk3t

Greenlighter
this is my first time posting so forgive me if i mess up anything!
basically i recently got 100x8mg dilaudid (pharmacy legit) and i’m not sure where to start. i have basically no opioid tolerance other than dihydrocodeine and the odd oxy 3+ years ago. what is the best roa? i prefer not to iv but i can, would it be worth snorting or would that be a waste? and what dose should i take a whole 8mg or break it up?
thanks

Please wait for someone with more knowable than me with that drug. With No tolerance, go slow!!
8 is a big first dose!!
I started with 4 during Cancer treatments and went up over time, then an unpleasant withdraw, on the way down

glad I read this one....

What ROA do you plan to use? I would start with 3mg up the nose or 2mg in the arm. (if you IV it be careful, it has a better rush than heroin; which you can't even get anymore in the US)

I guess what I am saying is that if you are not an IV user those probably command alot more trading power compared to what youd get out of sniffin em.

I do not advocate IV use or trading; just giving you some info.

No NOT snort Dilaudid 8mg tablets…..they are 95% excipients/inert bulking/flow agents to form the compressed scored tablet

If you are opioid naive Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) is a very potent opioid (more potent than Diamorphine/Heroin)

Break the scored 8mg tablet in half and swallow 4mg Dilaudid, which is a moderately decent dose for an opioid naive patient.

Dilaudid 2mg = Morphine 10mg = Oxycodone 5mg

The most significant issue with oral Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is its piss poor oral bioavailability of approximately 30% due to first pass metabolism. Your liver is destroying 70% of any oral dose you ingest

That being said….taking orally an 8mg Dilaudid tablet will be VERY potent. At first I suggest take half a tablet 4mg

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is most often administered in a hospital setting via slow IV injection, or an IM or SC injection, bypassing first pass metabolism having 100% bioavailability.

Many individuals will crush up their Dilaudid tablets, filter with a micron filter, and IV inject it…..which has its risks and not everyone will want to inject drugs as it’s pretty hard core

The safest option for maximum bioavailability is an oral syringe inserted into the rectum 3/4 length of your pinky finger and inject HM solution into your bum-bum lol ….laying on your side on bed, after inject with oral syringe (no needle) you’d lay there on bed for few min to aid absorption into blood vessel rich area of rectum which will have HM Dilaudid directly enter your bloodstream (bypassing your liver/first pass metabolism)

Those are the options…..but heck, your opioid naive….just take them as intended. Orally administered.

Dilaudid 8mg scored tablets - break in half 4mg dose and take it. You can take a whole tablet if needed or when tolerance develops

from lots and lots of personal experience I would definitely snort the pills before swallowing them.

He is factually correct about the binders being the vast majority of the pill but insufflated hydromorphone runs about 52-57% bioavalability (almost double) vs 30% and 30 feels a little high to me tbh. Unless there is some type of time release; if so I defer.

if you google insufflated hydromorphone bioavalability it will be like the second study from pubmed.

this is my first time posting so forgive me if i mess up anything!
basically i recently got 100x8mg dilaudid (pharmacy legit) and i’m not sure where to start. i have basically no opioid tolerance other than dihydrocodeine and the odd oxy 3+ years ago. what is the best roa? i prefer not to iv but i can, would it be worth snorting or would that be a waste? and what dose should i take a whole 8mg or break it up?
thanks
I've been on opioid for a decade. Prescribed. I've managed to stay at 10mg oxycontin twice a day, and 10mg oxycodone 3x.
I recently kicked oxycontin.... absolute hell. But needed to break free. I feel like a half amillion bucks, my doc upped the oxycodone to 10mg 4x.
I'm telling you this part because my medical conditions/wonderful luck get me in the hospital for about a week or two every year or two.
I reserve Hydromorphone for the hospital setting. The different formulation actually provides pain relief since I'm now more sensitive to pain and have an incredible tolerance to oxy.
DILAUDID IS NO JOKE.
the IV push is the best, fastest, shortest, most craveavle High I've ever experienced.
And the most legit pain receiver for me.
If you've never PUSHED Dilaudid, don't.
Your life was fine without it. It will just raise everything along with it.
With that said,
.5 push is more than enough for naive.
I've had 2mg pushes every 4 hours and I was brainstorming of ways to stay in hospital care. 😀
Pill form 4mg will make for a great night.
Try 2mg oral at first. And stack another 2 after 30-40 mins when it fully kicks.
Maybe even chew the second one if nothing on the first.
Then next time you can swallow 2mg and chew the other 2mg at the same time to take off quicker rather than a slower onset.
The cool thing about oral dilaudid is when you realize it's kicked in and didn't notice 😅 😳 🙃.
It makes me want to do stuff, but a little scattered. I definitely make a list before eating.

I don't recommend railing it at first. Instead as you get comfy with your levels... Add a bump or two. I've found it affects people differently. Some get amped, others it's like knock out juice.
Some say it depends what you're doing. If you're watching a movie, nighty night. If you're on you're way to garden or some heavy-duty type job, it gives you an extra boost sort of.
But I have a bottle of 8mg broken at acors for 4mg's to add to my oxy home regiment if I want a weekend night project get done easier.
Or if I find myself in extra pain.

I'm on 8mg every 3 hours in the hospital with a .5 push for breakthrough. It was the only thing that worked for major surgery.
I'm weaning myself off the push and when I get out weaning off 8mg then back to oxy.

SUMMARY:
4MG pill is MORE than enough.
Bumps, not lines, are good to add to a good time but shouldn't be the focal point.
IV shouldn't be explored unless you know... like you 100% KNOW you have absolutely control and are able to stop whenever you planned.
It should be reserved for a special night and never over indulged.
Plan on No more than 2 pushes With 4 hours in between each. And Bumps and cannabis helps to come down. It gets edgy and *crunchy* on the way down.
CONTROL AND TIME BETWEEN IS PARAMOUNT.
it flows through and still affects your respiratory system even though the "high" is gone.
This is better and more potent than H.
That 100 should last you a year.
Space them out and don't build a tolerance and you will definitely get plenty of bang for your buck!
Separate them into different bottles if you have to.
Have fun, but not too much.

Last edited:
Only ever heard of hydromorphone, can anyone explain what it is exactly and how strong it is.

P.s sorry to hop on your post @OP just noticed it as scrolling. Nevertheless stay safe

Hydromorphone is even stronger than Morphine. The medicinal dose to start is 4mg. The medicinal IV dose is 2mg. It's strong stuff so be careful.