• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihydrocodone question.

fermonos

Bluelighter
dihydrocodeine question.

Okay guys. A few questions here.

1. Because the bioavailability of DHC is so low (20% Does that mean I would need to take 50mg to get 10mg of DHC? So since I am used to take 300mg of Codeine which is the equivalent to about 130mg of DHC, would I need to take 650mg of DHC to get the desired effect?

2. How does one prepare DHC for rectal administration, and what dose should I be taking?

3. What should I expect from the high, and what precautions should I take when on this drug, example what not to mix it with etc.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're asking about dihydrocodeine, not dihydrocodone.

1) Don't overcomplicate it - if you're used to taking 300mg of codeine, then take 130mg of DHC and see how you feel. You can always take more - don't just start off at 650mg.

2) I've never plugged it, but if you're familiar with plugging anything else I'm guessing the process is pretty similar, crush pills and dissolve in warm water. Personally I wouldn't bother. Half your oral dose seems a logical starting point.

3) Expect something pretty similar to codeine, don't mix it with any other downers or depressants and you'll keep breathing...same deal with codeine.

I fail to find clear info however the wiki on codeine bioavailability At 90 Percent Lacks A Source unlike 130/200 or 66% and dihydrocodeine being twice the potency based on that my hypothetical guess would be 66/50 or 1.33 codeine to dihydrocodeine orally but with a 2-3 dihydrocodeine to codeine if by iv or im or rectal or some pther way that bypasses first pass metabolism. 1.33 is close to the ratio of 1 I find on conversion tables so orally id guess 0.5 to 2 mg equals 1 mg with a guess on data of 1.33 mg and a clinical chart 1 mg

Jesus im tired I mean orally id expect them to be similar if you take it anally you run the risk of dihydrocodeine being 2 or 3 x stronger mg for mg because the limiting factor seems to be absorbson. Or twice as strong one third the absorption basically the same As They cancel out. Or I suck at math this is a guess half awake .

If you take 50mg of DHC your going to get 50mg of DHC

Fermonos, I appreciate you taking the precautions that you are. Unfortunately, this falls into a sort of grey area in terms of available research. I've done a small amount of digging and haven't come up with anything that I'm confident in. I've read some information on other forums that would indicate, at least empirically, that the potency is not radically different between Oral and Rectal administration. I find this hard to believe.

The general rule of thumb, especially among Opioids with relatively low oral Bioavailability, is that rectal administration generall will bring a higher yield. There appears to be a very limited (none) pool of data to consult though. So, and I know you're not going to like this, Harm Reduction would dictate assuming that the rectal bioavailability will be quite high. I don't think this will be the case, but it could be. If you wish to be more liberal with your estimate, assume that it's twice as potent.

Sorry Fermonos, you're going to have to go slow and low if you wish to obey the dictates of harm reduction :(. I don't like doing test shots either, but it's one of the reasons I'm not dead today.

Worded that amazing Kief.

Seems like I'll just test shot it, I've never done anything rectally so how does one go about it? I know you just put it in warm water but what's the best ways to do it to make it safe and not waste anything?

I'm thinking crush it up and mix it for a while but how much water should I use per 30mg of tablet and if they're the extended release tablets can I still use them for rectal administration?

If possible id havea friend who you can send a text after every 20 minutes or so for the first hour or someone who can check up on you. I doubt youll die from 30 mg but you never know my ucles nephew just died from shooting opiates alone.

If possible id havea friend who you can send a text after every 20 minutes or so for the first hour or someone who can check up on you. I doubt youll die from 30 mg but you never know my ucles nephew just died from shooting opiates alone.

Shooting opiates is WAY different than taking them orally, I'm 99% sure the standard dose of Dihydrocodeine is 30-60 mg every 4 hours.

That being said, I'll only be trying double the standard dose as a test so 120mg, maybe even 90mg. I know you can get 120mg extended release DHC so I don't think it's too unsafe taking 120mg first time, plus I'm opiate experienced. And I've read a lot that people have took over 1000mg of the stuff and lived.

If I do decide to take them rectally I'll probably only do 30mg and MAYBE another 30mg 1 hour or so on if not feeling much.

Okay guys. A few questions here.

1. Because the bioavailability of DHC is so low (20%). Does that mean I would need to take 50mg to get 10mg of DHC? So since I am used to take 300mg of Codeine which is the equivalent to about 130mg of DHC, would I need to take 650mg of DHC to get the desired effect?

2. How does one prepare DHC for rectal administration, and what dose should I be taking?

3. What should I expect from the high, and what precautions should I take when on this drug, example what not to mix it with etc.
I take up to 280MG's of oxy a day! & only need to take up to 160mg's of DHC to feel high asf and nodd/pass out sometimes dude! Be safe taking that shit even though it's shitty orally it's still strong orally, or at least for me that is but look at my tolerance. Be safe man. Your range should be low try 80 then go from there.

Shooting opiates is WAY different than taking them orally, I'm 99% sure the standard dose of Dihydrocodeine is 30-60 mg every 4 hours.

That being said, I'll only be trying double the standard dose as a test so 120mg, maybe even 90mg. I know you can get 120mg extended release DHC so I don't think it's too unsafe taking 120mg first time, plus I'm opiate experienced. And I've read a lot that people have took over 1000mg of the stuff and lived.

If I do decide to take them rectally I'll probably only do 30mg and MAYBE another 30mg 1 hour or so on if not feeling much.

Prepping things for rectal administration is very simple. The extended release mechanism for pills like Dihydrocodeine are by no means as sophisticated as those for drugs like Oxycontin or MsContin. They typically just consist of a "softer" portion of pill to dissolve immediately and a "harder" or more dense portion. You can typically crush these just like any other pill, although slightly more elbow grease may be required. A mortar and pestle isn't a bad investment anyway (5$), so I'd suggest getting one. It also provides you with a nice concave surface in which to mix and draw up your solution.

So, you basically just crush the pills up into a very fine powder. The powder must be fully soluted with the water, as you're rectum doesn't have the same ability as your stomach to break down and digest things. It can only asbsorb liquid. I usually use 10ml of water. You can use less with less material, but with large pills like this, you may need more. It just matters that you have a solution. Crush pills, mix with water, draw up, insert syringe one inch into rectum and slowly depress while lying on side or stomach.

The beauty of the ROA is that effects come on quite fast. You'll probably begin to feel effects within 2 minutes and will peak around 15-20. So if you want to titrate your dose, you don't have to wait an hour to do so. If you want, you could prepare your entire solution in advance, like as much as you think you might end up using, then all you would have to do is go back and draw up another few Ml's of solution.

I usually just lay on my stomach, inject and Bluelight on my tablet as I wait for the effects to come on. It should only take about 15 minutes or less for the entire solution to be absorbed as well, so while others choose to lay down for up to 45 minuts, I've never found it necessary. Whatever works for you.

Dihydrocodeine - Questions.

So guys, got hold of some 30mg Dihydrocodeine and need some help.

1. It has a super low bioavailability, so could I plug this medicine? If so how much water would I need per 30mg tablet for plugging.
don't need to know this one now. Found out due to research.

2. I'm used to taking 210-390mg Codeine or 400-500mg Tramadol. From the chart I have found online the conversion rate is 50mg of DHC for 10mg Morphine where as 180mg Codeine is 10mg Morphine, of course this is rough estimates but you get the picture. What I'd like to know is 60mg DHC about the equivalent of 180mg Codeine?

3. Since the bioavailability is only 20% for DHC, would taking 30mg rectally be the same as taking 150mg orally? If so, what would be a safe starting dose for DHC rectally for myself. I don't mind taking them orally but it seems a HUGE waste if it's only 20% bioavailability.

4. From further research I have noticed DHC is Mainly hepatic, through CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 enzymes, from my understanding I would not be able to take it rectally so ignore the questions above. I think I may have fucked up when sourcing DHC. Also found this out to be not true after further research.

5. Since Oral administration seems to be the only route I can take, what is a good starting dose for myself and would crushing the pill into fine powder and parachuting it be safe? I've done it with codeine and tramadol on my normal doses and had no problems.

6. Lastly, is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the bioavailability other than grapefruit juice?

Last edited:
I realise it's stronger than codeine, which I've mentioned above but you still didn't help me out of finding a correct dose orally or rectally.

I've never found DPH to potentiate opiates for me, quite a shame. Not to mention I quite enjoy the opiate itch, dare I say it's the most enjoyable part for me.

Drinking alcohol would not be a possibility, I will always practice the best Harm Reduction I can and mixing alcohol with opiates is an easy way to accidentally overdose and die. I can't believe you even recommended it to be honest.

If you're used to taking anywhere in between 200-400mg codeine orally, then all you would do is divide by 2 for oral DHC... if you can't figure this simple math out, you shouldn't be doing drugs in the first place.

re: potentiation, you asked if there is anything else, I gave you an answer. Maybe you should have said you won't mix alcohol in the first place before getting all uppity.

Maybe you shouldn't give harmful suggestions on a website based around minimising harm.

Of course it's pretty simple to half the dosage but I'm talking about administrating it rectally which will have a higher bioavailability. Now if my math is correct and it's 100% via this ROA then 100mg or so should be enough rectally but I wanted a second opinion. I understand that Dihydrocodeine is between 1.5x and 2x stronger than codeine so the math is pretty simple but I'm here for a second opinion or else I'd of just done the math myself and took what I thought was correct but that's not good Harm Reduction practice.

Your question regarding rectal administration was answered in your other thread so I'm going to merge this. If you're looking for potentiation advice, we have many threads where you can get suggestions by using the search engine.

p.s. Let's keep the conversation civil please.

i'm not sure if this post is too old to reply to, but seeing as i couldn't find any recent info, and for the benefit of new people doing a search. i take 360mg of dihyrdo LP. smash them up bicarb and swallow. it's a nice, warm, opiate buzz. i am not opiate naive, but i only get high sporadically - a few months off, then a few weekends in a row, then repeat. i have taken tram too, 400mg for a teeny buzz, i wouldnt even call it a buzz, but it does help with social situations. some peeps report getting high AF from tram, but i guess i-m one of the unlucky ones whose liver break it down differently. anyway, back to the dihydro - just note that i dont have the IR, just the slow come on ones. i recommend taking an antihystamine though- they make me itch more than other opiates.