• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihydrocodeine for Cocaine comedown

imnotbenhoy

Greenlighter
Hi folks, new to forum so just a quick question,

I'm a fairly regular user of cocaine, and have increasingly suffered from an overwhelming comedown which prevents me from sleeping for hours on end.

Would dihydrocodeine help with this and the anxiety, and if so, how much - orally.

Cheers

You don’t want to add another addictive drug to the mix. It might calm you down a little but I doubt it would put you to sleep. Try some OTC aids like Benadryl or Promethazine or Doxylamine and some weed.

It should help, i’m not familiar with dihydrocodeine but i believe starting doses range from 30-120mg, start on the low side of that scale. Just be conscious of what you are doing.

Taking a powerful recreational drug is one thing, when you start adding other drugs to compensate for the negative effects of another it’s kind of a slippery slope. I’m not trying to give you a “drugs are bad mckay” speech but just be careful messing with opiates, they grab some people and don’t let go. Stay safe.

You don’t want to add another addictive drug to the mix. It might calm you down a little but I doubt it would put you to sleep. Try some OTC aids like Benadryl or Promethazine or Doxylamine and some weed.

Thanks for this. I appreciate an outside perspective on this sort of matter. I just happen to have access to the d-codeine and not much else. Weed would normally be my go to if I have it. Definitely taken what you have said on board about the dangers of another addictive drug.

Cheers mate.

It should help, i’m not familiar with dihydrocodeine but i believe starting doses range from 30-120mg, start on the low side of that scale. Just be conscious of what you are doing.

Taking a powerful recreational drug is one thing, when you start adding other drugs to compensate for the negative effects of another it’s kind of a slippery slope. I’m not trying to give you a “drugs are bad mckay” speech but just be careful messing with opiates, they grab some people and don’t let go. Stay safe.

Thanks for this mate. Appreciate the advice - I understand the 'slippery slope' chat. And have no prior experience with opiates other than post op a few weeks ago (hence me having d-codeine) so will just hit a 30mg tablet. Cheers again.

No problem buddy! Feel free to ask questions, bluelight is a great community and we are glad to help.

In my experience exercise is the best thing for a coke comedown

I did it in my house man. Boxing drills are a good one. Anything to get the blood pumping

I did it in my house man. Boxing drills are a good one. Anything to get the blood pumping
This is probably the best advice.
If that doesn't work, weed or better yet maybe just CBD, melatonin or even valerian root, magnesium, passionflower, kava or lavender any natural anxiolytic really, something like that might be a better option than dihydrocodeine, anything with less chance of developing a physical dependance than opiods, even if it helps you sleep you might wake with rebound anxiety, which kind of starts the cycle again.