• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine first time questions

MrPorter

Bluelighter
There's a lot of info on codeine but dhc has a lot of contradicting info
Got a bunch of DHC 30s, 2 and a j should be enough for the first time right? I haven't used any opiates for a very long time so no tolerance here
How long does it take for effects to start happening, and whats the total duration?
Loratidine a good enough anti-histamine? Saw it recommended by someone, but no other mention because focus is mostly on promethazine

I'm normally on yohimbine (~15mg) at 8am, halflife is 2h so will taking the dhc at ~1pm be late enough or shall i just skip the yo for the day?

what effect does the yoho even have/

if you're experienced with opiates but have no tolerance, i think 3 or 4 at least to get a buzz going (90-120mg). you can, of course, start with 60mg and see how you feel in an hour to play it super safe.

a lot of literature says dhc is 2x the strength of codeine but that's bullshit; it's maybe 1.5x stronger at the most and provides an energetic high which lasts a bit longer than codeine. have fun.

yohimbine is a stimulant used for fatloss, pretty much irrelevant to opiates but does affect the heart and actually thinking about it gives me a bit of nausea (mostly due to empty stomach though) so I'll just skip it for the day

Any thoughts on the loratidine?

Loratadine is fine, it'll help.

Start with 60mg, one of the joys of DHC is that you can redose / no ceiling effect - so you can always take more if it's not enough.

You'll probably notice effects within the hour, total duration 4-5 hours (ish)?