• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Diffrence between dextro amphetamine and street speed

Matt123

Bluelighter
Hi ppl,

I've been using Dextro amphetamines for a while now once a week about 20mg's. I've never used regular 'street speed' (dextro- , levo- amphetamine), and I've been wondering if I should give it a try. I've heard its more euphoric than just the dexies.

So basically my question is. Whats the difference between dexies, and regular speed. (I mean the difference in how it feels)

Thx,
Matt

meth is supposedly more euphoric. But I have no idea as for me personally stims are the devil and feel just horrible. Like an hour long panic attack. Except for speedballs. Those I particularly enjoyed back in the day because of the INSANE rush, then it wore off into just a calm ass opiate high. My goodness, when you inject that you feel like you just went warp speed... my heart rate didn't shoot up it just felt like my soul went from 0 to 1000 mph immediately. And then just blissful peace. I tried shooting just the coke once, bad idea, because I just keep re-loading over and over until it was all gone. If you gonna shoot coke, makes sure you got some dope to go with it. But ya amphetamines just make me feel like I had a psychotic break. except for MDMA and similar drugs.

Street speed usually refers to amphetamine paste which is usually highly impure. Often 50/50 L/D isomers, plus any cutting agents dealers decide to add. I've never tried amphetamine paste but I'd wager it's less euphoric and has more side effects than regular Dexedrine (pure dextroamphetamine). Methamphetamine on the other hand I have done and it's actually quite different than basic amphetamine. You need much less to get similar effects and it's much smoother, more stimulating and yet more relaxing at the same time than regular amphetamine. And of course much more euphoric. It's also way more damaging though.

Meth is not really an option for me :p, But in your opinion I should just stick to the Dexies ?

Dexedrine is a better option, street speed is often cut and impure. Racemic speed is also less potent and has a tendency for more in the way of side effects.

^the high lasts longer, this means it puts more stress on the heart. But apart from that I think they're equally dangerous.

Tbh honest I wouldn't understand why you would want to try street speed, its often laced and full of impurities. You should consider yourself lucky that you got Dexedrine, its pretty much non-existent in Europe.

Last edited:
Cocaine is actually far more cardiotoxic than amphetamine is.

Cocaine is actually far more cardiotoxic than amphetamine is.

Really? Guess I was wrong then…

But isn't the fact that the amphetamines high last between 4-5 hours more dangerous compared to the coke high which lasts 20-30min max?

Al12,

I live in Europe too and I get dextro amphetamine sulphate tabs from the pharmacy. We dont have brand names like dexedrine or adderal etc where I live

Do you get the dextroamphetamine tabs prescribed by a normal doctor?
Here in Italy nowadays its basically impossible to get prescribed stimulants, the only one that has been approved is Ritalin, and you need to have it be prescribed by a neurologist.
From what I understood from my parents (both doctors) between the 70's and 80's amphetamine drugs like phendimetrazine were given out like candies.

Btw which country are you from?

Last edited:
Really? Guess I was wrong then…

But isn't the fact that the amphetamines high last between 4-5 hours more dangerous compared to the coke high which lasts 20-30min max?

The anaesthetic effect of cocaine is another mechanism, it's a sodium channel blocker that can interfere with your heart rate as well as the stimulant effects.

Racemic amphetamine should have more peripheral stimulation than dex, so more physical side effects.