Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

difficulty getting suboxone prescribed in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

phazeshifter

Bluelighter
Alight. I have a psyciatrist who is not certified for suboxone. I found another far away who takes my insurance who does. I went to him yesterday and he said in NJ I need to get something from my therapist in order to be able to perscribe suboxone as well as be attending NA(which I am). Does anyone know what the fuck I need filled out? Once he told me that shit I stoped liostening and just focused on trying not to break his face. How do they expect addicts to get clean when they make way too many fucking obsticles in our way.
Any help would be great. Both psychiatrisy offices are closed today and the therapist isn't sure what he needs. I need to get this asap or I'm going to relapse again....fuck my mind is already relapsing.....it's only a matter of time.

Sorry to hear the difficulty you are facing. It is odd that you need to jump through so many hoops to get clean. One would imagine if someone who is addicted to opiates, who wants to quit and be free of the vice, should be able to get the necessary medications to do so without so many bureaucratic steps.

Opiate addiction is real wicked, I've tried to quit several times but I lack willpower to overcome it. It's crazy that I KNOW if I could just grin and bare it for one week, the sickness will subside and I could get that goddamned monkey off my back and live a clean life.

I wish I could offer you more guidance, but I am not from NJ so I'm not much help at all.

If you do have the determination to quit, you've got to believe in yourself that you can and will detox and eventually live a clean life.

In my case, I don't have insurance to cover the costs of suboxone therapy but I have gotten Rx's for clonidine, dicyclomine, and zolpidem. I've found that the clonidine really helps me when I am sick. It stops me from sweating profusely and slows my heart rate and lowers my blood pressure, and that overall squirmy feeling one gets while 'detoxing'.

Quite possibly if the suboxone proves to be too much of a hassle to obtain, you could ask about getting prescribed clonidine or an alternative such as lofexidine. IMO the clonidine makes me feel onr-third or maybe even half as shitty as I normally would when I'm out of dope and dopesick. With that being said, if you have the determination to really stop using your opiate of choice, the aforementioned Rx could really help you along.

Hope this helps somewhat. Take care of yourself bud.

Go to a new doctor..dunno where you are in NJ..but I am up here in Jersey City. There are SO MANY FUCKIN DOCTORS in a 30 mile radius. Im talkin hundreds. Go to suboxone.com and enter in your zip code.

You don;t need to do any of that bull shit.

I have been to 4 different doctors so far and on one program (the one I am currently on). Never had to go to na, or any bull siht. Some programs want to count pills and drug test. Just call around and ask about pricing/policy before you even go in.

My doc dont drug test..no bull shit, you walk in, get the script, walk out, maybe 30 seconds bullshit talking

I am in Chicago but I just got prescribed 8mg daily yesterday. I went online and looked up suboxone doctors in my area. I called around and took the soonest available appt. I went in there and literally 10 min later was walking out with a rx. I didn't think it would be that easy but it was. Hope better luck comes your way, just keep looking.

Alight. I have a psyciatrist who is not certified for suboxone. I found another far away who takes my insurance who does. I went to him yesterday and he said in NJ I need to get something from my therapist in order to be able to perscribe suboxone as well as be attending NA(which I am). Does anyone know what the fuck I need filled out? Once he told me that shit I stoped liostening and just focused on trying not to break his face. How do they expect addicts to get clean when they make way too many fucking obsticles in our way.
Any help would be great. Both psychiatrisy offices are closed today and the therapist isn't sure what he needs. I need to get this asap or I'm going to relapse again....fuck my mind is already relapsing.....it's only a matter of time.

Thats a complete lie. There aint no laws wat so ever in any way shape or form about havin to attend NA or get a note from your other doctor. That dr is full of shit. Go to another one. Suboxone is so fuckin easy to get in NJ it aint even funny. there is doctors all over the place for sub. If you havin trouble you must not be lookin that hard, becuz it really couldnt be easier. dont listen to assholes that lie and make shit up that you gotta do NA or wtfever to get sub . Thats just a retard doctor whose a control freak. Fuck that. Good luck. Also, how bout you try not tellin the drs about your psych. dr? I mean wtf bizness of it is theirs? it will only cause more trouble. your psych doc soudns like a bitch too no ofense

Thats a complete lie. There aint no laws wat so ever in any way shape or form about havin to attend NA or get a note from your other doctor. That dr is full of shit. Go to another one. Suboxone is so fuckin easy to get in NJ it aint even funny. there is doctors all over the place for sub. If you havin trouble you must not be lookin that hard, becuz it really couldnt be easier. dont listen to assholes that lie and make shit up that you gotta do NA or wtfever to get sub . Thats just a retard doctor whose a control freak. Fuck that. Good luck. Also, how bout you try not tellin the drs about your psych. dr? I mean wtf bizness of it is theirs? it will only cause more trouble. your psych doc soudns like a bitch too no ofense

True! The guy I went to didn't even do a piss test or anything. I went to a methadone clinic once before and suboxone was a 100 times easier to get than methadone. I could have never done dope and could have gotten suboxone just by researching withdrawal symptoms online (not that anyone should do that!) Type suboxone and your zip code into google and start calling the doctors that come up. The hardest part should be getting an appointment, not actually getting the medication.

Go to suboxone.com and enter in your zip code.

There's 12+ doctors in my area willing to prescribe suboxone and I'm in NJ. Like the other poster said there are hundreds in NJ, are you like, way up in the middle of nowhere sussex county or something?

lol Even in Sussex county if can't be that hard.

I'm in Northern NJ and I can tell you there are dozens of Dr.'s willing to give you Suboxone without doing all that. If you really need help PM and I'll tell you some good ones & ones to avoid. Are you using insurance or not, if not PM me cause I can tell you cash prices of local docs. Believe me there is a big gap in price for identical treatment depending on the Doc (ie. $150 vs. $500).

help

my husband is lookin for a dr. who prescribes suboxone in northern nj wit nj horizon insurance if any 1 can help!thank you

True! The guy I went to didn't even do a piss test or anything. I went to a methadone clinic once before and suboxone was a 100 times easier to get than methadone. I could have never done dope and could have gotten suboxone just by researching withdrawal symptoms online (not that anyone should do that!) Type suboxone and your zip code into google and start calling the doctors that come up. The hardest part should be getting an appointment, not actually getting the medication.

I'm currently seeing a certain group of Dr.s with offices in <snip> and Chicago. It's a pain in my fucking balls making appts with them cuz the Drs have crazy schedules. Ideally id be goin to <snip> every time but I've been having to drive all the way into the city once a month cuz I cant coordinate with the drs in <snip>. Anyway I'm lookin to make a change. When I went it wasn't as easy as you're describing but it was by no means hard to obtain. Just had to prove I was in w/ds by showing "x out of y" symptoms and I think i was showing more like "y out of y" at the time. god that first day free of junk feels sooooooooooooo good.

Last edited by a moderator:
nj has one of the biggest dope problems in the entire country.

due to that, they are going to have a lot of suboxone doctors. i know of at least 5 places just within a 5 miles radius.

you should have no issues getting subs in nj.

no offense man but i find it hard to believe. there are a shit ton of sub doctors around the NYC metro area. if u are having that much of a problem setting something up in jeresy - check out some doctors in the city. i used to get subs at a place in the BX near yankee stadium for over 2 years no problem. didnt even have to pay for an initial appointment. the whole process between making the appointment and my induction took one week.

there is no way possible you "cant find a sub doctor in nj"

there are so many fuckin doctors per square mile here. if you put your zip in the suboxone website you get a huge ass list of docs that you can call and price check etc...

yeah im having trouble finding suboxone. ive been doing some pills recreationally and now im realizing i made a mistake because the withdrawal is killer. i hiighly doubt any dr would persribe me them and i really dont know how i can do this cold turkey. this sucks

Read the thread, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to find a Bupe doctor in NJ. They're literally everywhere. Also, why wouldn't you be able to get prescribed it? If you're deep enough into opiates that you go through withdrawls and consider yourself addicted, than you're a typical canidate for Suboxone. Just be honest with the Dr. and he should be happy to start you on Bupe.

This is all assuming you're over 18 however. That may be the limiting factor you're talking about.

If you're concerned with how to go about this process, it's really pretty simple. Call and make an appointment with a doctor. Shop around and get prices from a few (they vary from $150-$300 for the first appt.) He will almost certainly give you a script right then & there as long as you're in WDs. You then need to visit him once a month for around 75% of the price or the original appointment for follow-up appointments.

One months script one Suboxone will probably cost you around <snip>. This is usually the only problem. However, certain insurance companies will cover it, in which case you're lucky. There are also Suboxone assistance programs to help some people out financially. But these are sometimes difficult to get enrolled in.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you highly doubt a doctor will precribe?

chances are it will be EASY...like the first doctor you try will take you in for treatment.

this is what i do when i am finding a new doc

go to suboxone.com., print out a list fo docs in your area, call and find out pricing and if there is a wait (some docs have a wait but theres a fuck load of docs..pretty easy to find one without a wait).

Make an appointment then get your script the same day. it's easy as pie. most docs dont even drug test you initially...

Agreed, control-freak/power-monger/etc...I find that some people have god-complexes, and the medical profession houses a good chunk of those people! Keep at it mate, I'm 100% you'll find exactly what you need in short order. Do a little research on the net, and hit the pavement. Best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.