Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Differentiating mescaline from mescaline analogues

Zalo

Bluelighter
Hey BlueLight,

I've done mescaline multiple times (reagent tested), but from doing minor research on mescaline analogues, such as allylescaline, which I've found showed similar results as mescaline when reagent tested. There also seems to be very little info on the test results of other mescaline analogues, so I'm simply assuming, based on allylescaline, that they show similar results.

Many mescaline analogues are more potent and as such I don't want to have an overdosed experience. I'm wondering if there are any other ways to differentiate these compounds.

Thank you.

Thin layer chromatography would do the trick. TLC is a powerful and underutilized technique. It's really cheap, and you can do it at home. If you have an authentic sample of each compound, it should allow you to identify them, and to identify the components of any mixtures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin-layer_chromatography

Pro tip: You can make a dilute solution of the marquis reagent, put it in a spray bottle, and use it to "develop" your TLC plates after they've been run.

TLC or any other chromatographic technique should do it. GCMS or LCMS would be preferred.